B2B cruises

Until this past Jan, all of our B2Bs were in the same cabin.  We were unable to book the same cabin for our B2B on the Jubilee.  We had read all the FAQs, as well as the experience of others on CC and FB but we were still somewhat anxious.  It went flawlessly.  It may have helped because we only moved a few cabins down the hall and had the same cabin steward.  Because the hanging clothes are moved while still on the hangers, you should have ample suitcase space to easily pack your other items.  We use a shoe organizer over the bathroom door for misc. items and I simply laid it on the bed and rolled it up before putting it in a suitcase.  The cabin steward was VERY accommodating and made some suggestions which we followed.  It is not as easy as remaining in the same cabin but it is easier than your fears may lead you to believe.  🙂  I think the best advice I can offer is to listen to your cabin steward and do as he or she suggests.  FWIW - we were gathered in one of the MDRs and the officials came to us rather than having to depart and return to the ship.  Doesn't save much time but is a lot easier, especially if you have mobility issues. Enjoy your B2B!!!  🙂 🙂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, mz-s said:

The one thing that has never happened on all of our B2B cruises, the last one being this past October, was having to go to the Guest Services Desk to check in for our second cruise after being led off to customs and then back on board.  Guest Services took care of everything at our meeting place, and we had our new cards before we were even led off the ship to customs. :classic_cool:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, crusin okie said:

Until this past Jan, all of our B2Bs were in the same cabin.  We were unable to book the same cabin for our B2B on the Jubilee.  We had read all the FAQs, as well as the experience of others on CC and FB but we were still somewhat anxious.  It went flawlessly.  It may have helped because we only moved a few cabins down the hall and had the same cabin steward.  Because the hanging clothes are moved while still on the hangers, you should have ample suitcase space to easily pack your other items.  We use a shoe organizer over the bathroom door for misc. items and I simply laid it on the bed and rolled it up before putting it in a suitcase.  The cabin steward was VERY accommodating and made some suggestions which we followed.  It is not as easy as remaining in the same cabin but it is easier than your fears may lead you to believe.  🙂  I think the best advice I can offer is to listen to your cabin steward and do as he or she suggests.  FWIW - we were gathered in one of the MDRs and the officials came to us rather than having to depart and return to the ship.  Doesn't save much time but is a lot easier, especially if you have mobility issues. Enjoy your B2B!!!  🙂 🙂 

22 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

The one thing that has never happened on all of our B2B cruises, the last one being this past October, was having to go to the Guest Services Desk to check in for our second cruise after being led off to customs and then back on board.  Guest Services took care of everything at our meeting place, and we had our new cards before we were even led off the ship to customs. :classic_cool:

As a B2B newbie, I appreciate both of you posting! Nothing beats first hand experiences!