Ziplining

Hello! I’m doing the ocean zipline with the buffet and beach time. Is there a way for me to skip the zipline and hang out by the beach instead? 

Hi, and welcome to Cruise Critic,

You haven't given us any clues.

Whereabouts in the world?

Which cruiseline?

Given that information we can direct you to the appropriate forums for your cruiseline and port.

You can find them from the main menu https://boards.cruisecritic.com/

In the meantime I think it almost-certain that you can skip the zipline on the excursion, I doubt they'll frog-march you and handcuff you to the zip-line 😏.

For instance plenty of folk take a snorkelling with turtles catamaran trip without even getting into the water.

But just like that snorkelling excursion, the zipline will be a significant part of the experience and you'll be paying  full price, so you might find something vaguely similar at a lower cost - even DIY transport to a beach, sunbeds and food & drink from a beach bar.

JB 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Bull said:

Hi, and welcome to Cruise Critic,

You haven't given us any clues.

Whereabouts in the world?

Which cruiseline?

Given that information we can direct you to the appropriate forums for your cruiseline and port.

You can find them from the main menu https://boards.cruisecritic.com/

In the meantime I think it almost-certain that you can skip the zipline on the excursion, I doubt they'll frog-march you and handcuff you to the zip-line 😏.

For instance plenty of folk take a snorkelling with turtles catamaran trip without even getting into the water.

But just like that snorkelling excursion, the zipline will be a significant part of the experience and you'll be paying  full price, so you might find something vaguely similar at a lower cost - even DIY transport to a beach, sunbeds and food & drink from a beach bar.

JB 🙂

Thank you JB!! I’m cruising in April on Carnival Freedom to Jamaica/ Dominican Republic and the Amber Cove. My friends and I decided to do the ocean zipline with buffet on the beach included, and I’m worried I won’t be able to do the zipline part because I’m a plus size girlie. So I was seeing if there would be a way for me to just chill on the beach while my friends zipline. 

Yes, chilling on the beach - or more likely your friends will recruit you as their designated photographer 😀

But yes, if it's an excursion with friends go along and enjoy the day.

JB 🙂

But the zip line location might not be at the beach.  Amber Cove has its own zip line over the pool area, but no beach.  Which port is the excursion?  EM

Oh! This is my first cruise, and my first ever excursion so I don’t know much about anything lol. The port for the excursion is Amber Cove, Dominican Republic if that helps any? It says that it is an over the ocean zip line with beach and lunch provided

I would NOT pay for the zipline experience and then skip it. Waste of money.

The zipline weight limit in Labadee was 275#. I don't remember what it was in Jamaica, but I am sure 200# is a go (I was 150# at the time). I am sure the excursion in Amber Cove lists the max and min weight limits and if you are in between, go for it.