Quick Live Report from Beyond April 12-22

RK-NC

Opa! Cyprus for dinner tonight was excellent! This is the Mezze board appetizer. DH had the octopus. We both had the short ribs and then galaktoboureko for dessert. Our team of servers were so attentive but friendly and approachable. We arrived at 5:20pm and left at 7pm. We're off to The Club in a bit for pub game night!

IMG_20240415_174341235.jpg

• Like 3

Good morning from St. Lucia! We were up EARLY for 7 laps on the track followed by Al Bacio for coffee and sticky buns then Luminae for breakfast. DH really enjoyed Eggs in Purgatory. I could eat the Cherry Yogurt Parfait every day for the rest of my life! 🍒 We are staying on the ship today in a retreat cabana with a gorgeous view. It's like our own private sundeck! View of an airstrip - we're watching planes land!

Snap, crackle, pop last night until around 3am when it stopped. We got some sleep but there will be some cabana naps today for sure. We are fans of the Malpass Brothers (google them if you like classic, REAL country music). They have a song "Sleep when the party's over" and that's just going to be my motto for the rest of the week. 

I participated in the game show "Pitfall" last night! Fun!! Orange Crush cocktail in The Club was refreshing 🍹

IMG_20240416_055503715_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240416_063847664.jpg

IMG_20240416_081731422 (1).jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RK-NC said:

Good morning from St. Lucia! We were up EARLY for 7 laps on the track followed by Al Bacio for coffee and sticky buns then Luminae for breakfast. DH really enjoyed Eggs in Purgatory. I could eat the Cherry Yogurt Parfait every day for the rest of my life! 🍒 We are staying on the ship today in a retreat cabana with a gorgeous view. It's like our own private sundeck! View of an airstrip - we're watching planes land!

Snap, crackle, pop last night until around 3am when it stopped. We got some sleep but there will be some cabana naps today for sure. We are fans of the Malpass Brothers (google them if you like classic, REAL country music). They have a song "Sleep when the party's over" and that's just going to be my motto for the rest of the week. 

I participated in the game show "Pitfall" last night! Fun!! Orange Crush cocktail in The Club was refreshing 🍹

IMG_20240416_055503715_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240416_063847664.jpg

IMG_20240416_081731422 (1).jpg

Sounds like a great day on the ship…

• Like 1

What is it about vacation that makes you want to eat and drink all the time?!?! The plan was to skip lunch and just hang out on the Retreat sundeck until afternoon tea started in the lounge at 3:30pm. It wasn't even noon and we were hungry! We headed over to the Sunset Bar (first time there) - I got the Beyond Signature and DH got a Strongbow (on tap! They also had Newcastle on tap). Took our drinks to OVC for pizza and a sampling of desserts. Highly recommend the Beyond Sig. We went back for 2 more and are enjoying them on the balcony. 

IMG_20240416_125648578.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RK-NC said:

What is it about vacation that makes you want to eat and drink all the time?!?! The plan was to skip lunch and just hang out on the Retreat sundeck until afternoon tea started in the lounge at 3:30pm. It wasn't even noon and we were hungry! We headed over to the Sunset Bar (first time there) - I got the Beyond Signature and DH got a Strongbow (on tap! They also had Newcastle on tap). Took our drinks to OVC for pizza and a sampling of desserts. Highly recommend the Beyond Sig. We went back for 2 more and are enjoying them on the balcony. 

Looks awesome.  What is the beyond big?  How is the pizza? I know this is subjective and also based on where you are from but bad pizza is bad everywhere. 

19 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

How is the pizza?

it was pretty good - nothing to write home about but good enough! They also have focaccia that looked good but we didn't try it.

The beyond signature is a rum, coconut, fruity concoction. If you have the app, there is a menu for each bar and they each have signature cocktails. I'm not really a cocktail drinker but having fun trying them. If you have a favorite "standard" drink, they will make it for you at any bar.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, RK-NC said:

it was pretty good - nothing to write home about but good enough! They also have focaccia that looked good but we didn't try it.

The beyond signature is a rum, coconut, fruity concoction. If you have the app, there is a menu for each bar and they each have signature cocktails. I'm not really a cocktail drinker but having fun trying them. If you have a favorite "standard" drink, they will make it for you at any bar.    

I figured it must be a cocktail…sounds great.

20 hours ago, RK-NC said:

I love the Beyond Signature, I probably had 20+ in March on the same cruise. 🥂

Thanks for the reports, continue enjoying your vaca!!!!

• Haha 1

Good morning from Barbabos! No view photo today because, well, it's a terrible one of cargo containers and warehouses ☹️ The good news, last night was INCREDIBLE and WE SLEPT WELL (still with snap, crackle and pop though) We had dinner at Cosmopolitan with this incredible view. DH had the Oxtail and it beat the Cyprus Short Ribs! I had spaghetti that was very good along with Yellow Corn Soup that was delicious and a FUN presentation (no "spoiler" photo!) Carrot Cake for DH 😋 and I had Sacher Torte that is the best chocolate dessert I've had on the ship 😋 Our waiter WiWid was wonderific!! We are going back to Cosmopolitan tonight and requesting him again! 

Off to the theater for the show REBEL. We.were.blown.away by these VEGAS entertainers! We never expected this quality of entertainment on a cruise ship. Not to be missed. After the show, dessert martinis - Toffee Apple and Coconut Cream-tini 😋😋

IMG_20240416_181722254_HDR (1).jpg

IMG_20240416_180621418 (1).jpg

IMG_20240416_183828282 (1).jpg

IMG_20240416_171950050 (1).jpg

IMG_20240416_193526686_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240416_204508101 (1).jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NC State said:

RK-NC....Malpass Brothers are great. You're talking about my neck of the woods in JoCo! 

Hello friend! We're planning to attend their festival Mother's Day weekend in Denton. Last saw them in October and smiled our faces off! They are the definition of happiness and amazing music!

IMG_20231008_165315640.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RK-NC said:

Hello friend! We're planning to attend their festival Mother's Day weekend in Denton. Last saw them in October and smiled our faces off! They are the definition of happiness and amazing music!

Loving your quick review!

We will be on the Beyond on Mother's Day.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RK-NC said:

Denton can be hot....in JULY!!!  I'm sure it will be a great show. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Welcome to Barbados! It's gettin' hot in here! About a 20-30 minute walk to Agapey chocolate factory - worth it just for the smell but we thought the price reasonable $6.50 USD. Highly recommend and we haven't even tasted it yet! The walk was much nicer than we expected - along the water. Returned to the Retreat sundeck for drinks and lunch (chicken sandwich and turkey wrap very good!) MUDSLIDE for dessert 😋😋 The scale is going to scream at me when we get home. 

23.5 arc solar halo all morning! Everyone was looking up. I tweeted to our local meteorologist to find out what it was called. 

IMG_20240417_105943322 (1).jpg

IMG_20240417_131902457 (2).jpg

IMG_20240417_103435461_HDR (2).jpg

Edited by RK-NC
  • Like 4

Good morning! We're sailing our way to Antigua, arriving at 10am. We had another great dinner at Cosmopolitan last night. DH had Branzino that was delicious plus it just looked so much nicer than the Red Snapper I had in Luminae on day 2. Our waiter Wiwid was entertaining yet efficient plus spoiled us by bringing a 3rd main dish that he wanted us to try! We will probably stick with Cosmo and Wiwid for the rest of the cruise. 

The production show Elements was beautiful! After dinner dessert martinis were delightful! I need coffee - I'm having a hard time typing this so off we go to Al Bacio! 

IMG_20240417_204054683_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240417_195737529 (1).jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 4/15/2024 at 4:10 PM, RK-NC said:

Oh and a tip I thought of while enjoying a long shower with that wonderful Co Bigelow body wash

Thanks for your live review!  We are looking forward to the Beyond for our anniversary in November. Regarding the bath products, are these provided in the big pumps on the wall or do they still provide the smaller travel sizes?

• Like 1

Welcome to Antigua! We had a quick bite of breakfast at Eden Cafe after picking up Al Bacio coffee. Back to our stateroom just in time to catch this view of the pilot boat pulling away. 

Look at what Butler Thad left us last night!!!! We were chatting with him yesterday about chocolate and he asked if we would like some truffles 😲 Yes please! We just had one for breakfast dessert - yum! We're going ashore today - stay tuned! We're actually going to do an excursion!

IMG_20240418_084301957.jpg

IMG_20240418_073008251.jpg

• Like 4

Well.....excursion snafu. We were planning to do a food tour with eatnlime food tours. We didn't book it ahead of time, assuming that we would find them in the cruise terminal but did not. Sent them an email and found out they only work on prior booking. SO GLAD though! We are having the most relaxing, fun day on the ship and it's been raining off and on anyway. Our vacation motto - never be too rigid with plans. DH did golf chipping on the resort deck and we are just enjoying the vibe there. I may have done some chair dancing during the reggae set 🌴

IMG_20240418_115701595.jpg

IMG_20240418_121756210.jpg

• Like 7

Dinner at Cosmopolitan again with Wiwid. The maitre'd sighed and said "everyone wants Wiwid!" He sort of sings the menu to you! Brought us an extra appetizer that he wanted us to try plus an extra vegetarian main (I think since I had mentioned last night about trying to get enough veggies in. How do they remember all this?!) We went by guest relations after dinner to pick up envelopes for "bonus" gratuities. Isn't this Strawberry Cake so pretty? 

Show tonight was piano man Chris Lash - soooooo glad we went! We considered skipping it but he was very entertaining - lots of favorite tunes! Last photo is cruise director Alexa - we are enjoying her - great energy. Not sure, but I think she's going to be on Beyond for a while (just started with our cruise I believe)

IMG_20240418_183446910.jpg

IMG_20240418_200158055_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240418_202311082.jpg

• Like 3

Current situation - waiting for sunrise from bed after a SOLID 7 HOURS of sleep with no creaking or banging noises!! Chocolate truffle "appetizer" 😋 Luminae for breakfast at 7:30am then we really and truly are doing an excursion tour of St Kitts! 

IMG_20240419_053901273_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, RK-NC said:

Current situation - waiting for sunrise from bed after a SOLID 7 HOURS of sleep with no creaking or banging noises!! Chocolate truffle "appetizer" 😋 Luminae for breakfast at 7:30am then we really and truly are doing an excursion tour of St Kitts! 

IMG_20240419_053901273_HDR.jpg

Looks very serene…

My DH and I "try" to watch ourselves as so much food is available.  However, we typically gain 3-5 pounds when we sail!  When we get home, we work hard to loose the extra weight!  Seems to get more difficult as we age.

• Like 1

Great review of your cruise. Really enjoying it. We will be on Beyond Monday.

One quick question? I’m hearing many saying this ship snap crackle and pops.

Is this happening in certain areas? We are in the front of the ship deck 9.

Not sure if we will experience this or not.

Any info will be greatly appreciated…

• Like 1

We're cruising this ship this summer and have a few questions...Other than the featured entertainers is there anywhere on the ship where you can hear live music such as jazz, blues, or rock?

Fans of Greek food, so intrigued by Cyprus menu. Anything there you had you would NOT recommend?

Do the afternoon teas have a large variety of tea options? Any with thepyramid bags?

Did you try the Steakhouse restaurant? If so, did you like it?

Enjoying your posts!!

• Like 1