Haven't sailed princess since 2017, what do I need to know

alwalaska

15 hours ago, Torfamm said:

There has been no charge for ordering those items in the app or by phone in my experience, nor is there supposed to be from what I’ve been told. If you were charged the OceanNow activation fee, it was in error.

That brings me to what I find to be helpful features in the app. Being able to see and screenshot your folio is both helpful and saves a ton of paper.

Also, if you do have any issues, crew chat is a great way to resolve them without having to physically visit guest services.

The front desk said that ocean now fee is correct if you order just the sharps container on the discovery Princess 2.5 weeks ago. 

Don't say you weren't warned when standing in line for 30 min to try to remove that fee 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DrSea said:

The front desk said that ocean now fee is correct if you order just the sharps container on the discovery Princess 2.5 weeks ago. 

Don't say you weren't warned when standing in line for 30 min to try to remove that fee 

Who would stand in line, do it via crew chat. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, DrSea said:

If so then maybe only using the phone to call housekeeping is best. 

If you do need to contact Guest Services again, there’s no need to wait in line. You can just send them a message using the Crew Chat feature in the app 

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Torfamm said:

If so then maybe only using the phone to call housekeeping is best. 

If you do need to contact Guest Services again, there’s no need to wait in line. You can just send them a message using the Crew Chat feature in the app 

I had to stand in line for something else. But multiple people were in line for that fee. I saw at least 3 different parties have to get it changed

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DrSea said:

I had to stand in line for something else. But multiple people were in line for that fee. I saw at least 3 different parties have to get it changed

It’s always surprising to me that so many people go wait in line when they could just send a message and continue their time.

• Like 1

They' res something about doing it in person that seems to be more assuring in resolving any problem. I always do it in the early morning hours when there are no lines.

I find it more difficult to explain some problems having to put it into words and much easier to do in person.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Torfamm said:

It’s always surprising to me that so many people go wait in line when they could just send a message and continue their time.

Thanks for your understanding.

There are many issues where it cannot be solved via the app. Especially on cruises that are 4 days or less bc it requires 48 hours or more for them to get to it.

I had to stand in line because they couldn't solve it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DrSea said:

Thanks for your understanding.

There are many issues where it cannot be solved via the app. Especially on cruises that are 4 days or less bc it requires 48 hours or more for them to get to it.

I had to stand in line because they couldn't solve it. 

I hope you don’t think I was doing anything but agreeing with you. As you mentioned, lots of people have issues that they could easily address by sending a message and others need to visit in person.. When you do need to speak to a guest services officer, the lines are often very long. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 4:46 AM, Torfamm said:

In our experience using Crew Chat, no one responds. No one comes back with, message received, I've fixed it, I'll ask for you. I feel personal service is one of the things my cruise fare pays for. I just go early or late.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

In our experience using Crew Chat, no one responds. No one comes back with, message received, I've fixed it, I'll ask for you. I feel personal service is one of the things my cruise fare pays for. I just go early or late.

That's the key. 

Going after mid morning & you're asking for a 20 minute wait in line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 555 said:

That's the key. 

Going after mid morning & you're asking for a 20 minute wait in line. 

Unless it is urgent I find mornings are best as you don't have the 4/5... beer head talking when  you go late.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Wow, I almost always get a quick reply. For simple things like a charge in error, a response like “I’ve corrected it” is enough for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Unless it is urgent I find mornings are best as you don't have the 4/5... beer head talking when  you go late.

I always have my problems corrected sometime between 4 to 5 AM.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 7:55 AM, davy jones said:

Thanks for the info.  I was using Chrome on a PC.  I will download the app to a chrome book and give it a go.  DW will take the chrome book on the cruise anyway.

If you don’t want to download the app here is a link to the web based version

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

prior to your cruise if you enter your information into the app or via the web and order your medallions to be shipped to your home it can speed up your boarding process.  Rest assured though, if you don’t do any data entry or order medallions you can get everything take care of at the cruise terminal by going through the Blue Lane with your passport and credit card ( I also recommend bringing a copy of your Travel Summary but that’s just me 😄). 

• Like 3