Can I add NCL BOGO airfare anytime after booking?

Just booked with a TA. I wanted to add BOGO airfare as part of my booking but the TA said the system didn’t allow her because we are more than 1 year out. She also assured me that I can call back anytime to add the airfare and the BOGO promo does not expire.

can someone confirm this? Is there any rule on how far ahead I can add the airfare to get the BOGO deal? Thank you!

Posted (edited)

You can add it at the time of booking. I have added it for cruises 2 years out. And yes, you can add it anytime up to I think 75 days before sailing. 

Edited by reeinaz

Thank you! And is it true that this promo never expires? the NCL website always says expiring soon, but the TA told me they just use these words to scare me into booking now.

We booked Viva at 16 months out and added BOGO at about 6 months out. It was a little more expensive at that time but still a great deal. Our friends who added it at 16 months for better direct flights than we did but ours were still fine!

13 hours ago, Baobaokitty said:

Thank you! And is it true that this promo never expires? the NCL website always says expiring soon, but the TA told me they just use these words to scare me into booking now.

NCL has generally been running the BOGO airfare consistently for quite some time now (I want to say years). That being said, at any time, they could remove this offer (and they have in the past but usually not for long- ie. for a one month promotion cycle and then it was back) so it's not necessary true that it never expires. 

Also, if you're tracking, the pricing on the flights can/do change. Generally only up of course - at least that's been my experience in watching pricing for flights out of Canada. You might not have the same experience pricing flights within the US, but up here in Canada we don't have a lot of competition so flying is expensive compared to pricing in US... ie. I'm looking at flights from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale next March for 4 and it's coming in at $4500 Cdn for a 3 hour flight! I flew across the country from NYC to SFO in 2019 with Alaskan for $149 USD.