VOYAGER REPOSITION FROM ITALY TO OZ

Completely underwhelmed with the itineraries on offer for Voyager when she kicks of her Brisbane season, so a big no from us, but have booked the 3 legs from Rome to Brisbane, including a 7 night Croatia cruise beforehand. When Explorer left Australia in 2019 we only cruised as far as Dubai and always regretted not going through the Suez, so here is the opportunity. We've never cruised in these waters, or the Mediterranean so are really keen. Many cruise critic members have experience in these areas, and all comments sought. Too early for any roll-calls yet, but the other social media outlet is up and running. We'll be doing the ports on this cruise on the smell of an oil rag, so any tips from fellow parsimonious passengers would be great.  I gather the Singapore to Sydney leg is attracting a lot of interest. 

I love the run of cruises you have chosen, especially adding the cruise from Ravenna.

You'll have a great time.

I was in Petra  (Aqaba port) in November and the weather was fantastic. Not hot at all but I did get down to jeans and a t-shirt for the long drag back up the hill for lunch.

India has updated it's visa requirements and now there is a 30 day one for tourists which allows entry twice for cruise ship passengers. Both the ports that the ship visits, Mumbai and Cochin are on the authorized seaports list for the new visa.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, willsaway said:

Completely underwhelmed with the itineraries on offer for Voyager when she kicks of her Brisbane season, so a big no from us, but have booked the 3 legs from Rome to Brisbane, including a 7 night Croatia cruise beforehand. When Explorer left Australia in 2019 we only cruised as far as Dubai and always regretted not going through the Suez, so here is the opportunity. We've never cruised in these waters, or the Mediterranean so are really keen. Many cruise critic members have experience in these areas, and all comments sought. Too early for any roll-calls yet, but the other social media outlet is up and running. We'll be doing the ports on this cruise on the smell of an oil rag, so any tips from fellow parsimonious passengers would be great.  I gather the Singapore to Sydney leg is attracting a lot of interest. 

I’m not feeling that WOW feeling at the moment.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Hopefully the Suez will be open for cruises, I would like to do it one day but cannot see it happening for some time yet.

We were lucky enough to transit the Suez just under a year ago and also berth overnight at Haifa. Can't see it happening for a long time which makes all ships trips to and from North to Southern Hemisphere difficult.  

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 2:32 PM, willsaway said:

It seems Anthems repo  for passengers has been cancelled and they have been offered to join Voyagers 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 2:32 PM, willsaway said:

That cruise is filling up ,only a few junior suites left and standard cabins look well over half sold.

It was only released last week .

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

That cruise is filling up ,only a few junior suites left and standard cabins look well over half sold.

It was only released last week .

Which Sector Chilli?

I see one big wholesaler is selling packages Dubai to Brisbane on Voyager. 

10 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Which Sector Chilli?

I see one big wholesaler is selling packages Dubai to Brisbane on Voyager. 

Rome to Dubai, I would say a lot of people are transferring.

Was under the impression you were on Anthem right through Suez .

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Rome to Dubai, I would say a lot of people are transferring.

Was under the impression you were on Anthem right through Suez .

We did look at it.

From our research Petra could have been missed.

So decided not to do it. 

4 minutes ago, springaussie said:

We did look at it.

From our research Petra could have been missed.

So decided not to do it. 

I believe Petra is on the itinerary or Jordon ? 
It’s probably not going to happen but that’s life.

IMG_1284.thumb.jpeg.9b0a8c3786aaece23edf25fbb41e61a6.jpeg