What time for embarkation?

Big Spanker

Sailing liberty tomorrow 3/26/2006. Have thoughts of getting to terminal by 10:30 AM. or sleeping in and hit the terminal about 1:30 PM so as not to drag our carry ons around. What do you think? Any ideas? Can we still get some kind of late lunch on the ship after 2:00PM.

Thanks

deanhamy

Sailing liberty tomorrow 3/26/2006. Have thoughts of getting to terminal by 10:30 AM. or sleeping in and hit the terminal about 1:30 PM so as not to drag our carry ons around. What do you think? Any ideas? Can we still get some kind of late lunch on the ship after 2:00PM.

Thanks

deanhamy

We sailed on the Liberty two weeks ago and got to the terminal at 10:45. My goal was to get there around 10:30, but with 13 people we ran a little late. And 10:45 was PERFECT! We were on the Lido deck eating lunch at 11:45.

Have a great time - it was a perfect week for us!

We also were on Liberty 2 weeks ago - got to the terminal at 11:00 and were on the ship at noon, ate a nice leisurely lunch at Emile's and they made the announcement at 1:00 that rooms were ready so we dropped off our carry on's and had the entire afternoon to wander the ship and learn our way around. I would recommend getting there no later than 11:00, as the lines grew much longer after that. Enjoy your cruise - Liberty is a great ship!!

I would recommend getting there no later than 11:00, as the lines grew much longer after that.

Isn't that the truth! I kept looking behind us to see how quickly the lines grew. When you were walking through the area to get your S&S picture taken, did you notice how huge that room is? Imagine having to wait in the zig-zagging lines to board. Getting there early started off our cruise just right!

We got there between 10:45 and 11 and it was perfect timing. We ended up being in the fourth boarding group and were on the lido deck eating lunch at noon. Like somebody else said, it was like another sea day for us!

We got there at 9:30... sat in a holding room for an hour or so, and were with the first group of people let onto the ship. Was simple and not crazy at all. It may have been a tad early and our wait may have been a little less if we had waited another half hour to 45 minutes at the hotel, but we decided that since the hotel was full of other cruisers who would be waiting for the shuttle we would leave a little early. Glad we did.

ENJOY!!!!

:) I had no idea you could get on the ship so early! I am so glad to hear that you can and I will do that from now on. I am with those who believe it is another great day on the ship and don't want to waste a minute of that!

The parking garage in Miami was quite full when I got there in December, 05 and had to park at the top. I will get there early in May and maybe I will find a better parking place too!:D

Thanks to all CC's. who provide very valuable info!

So, if I return my rental car at the airport at 10AM I should be able to get to the pier by around 10:30 right? Should return my car at 9:30? We want to be some of the first ones on.:D I too love to be able to explore the ship when I first get on. This gives DH and I plenty of time to do so without all the crowds.

This will be our first trip out of Miami, so I'm not sure how things work. Our ship is scheduled to dock at 8 am and sail at 5 pm.

Do they also have express walk off in Miami? We are thinking about catching a 9:30 am flight out of MIA to DFW. We fly stand-by and all of the other flights are either booked or will be booked by the time the day comes. We may have a chance if they offer this option.

So, if I return my rental car at the airport at 10AM I should be able to get to the pier by around 10:30 right? Should return my car at 9:30? We want to be some of the first ones on.:D I too love to be able to explore the ship when I first get on. This gives DH and I plenty of time to do so without all the crowds.

This will be our first trip out of Miami, so I'm not sure how things work. Our ship is scheduled to dock at 8 am and sail at 5 pm.

Do they also have express walk off in Miami? We are thinking about catching a 9:30 am flight out of MIA to DFW. We fly stand-by and all of the other flights are either booked or will be booked by the time the day comes. We may have a chance if they offer this option.

Hey Rhonda!!! :D getting to the pier at 10:30 or 11:00 is early enough... remember, everyone from the previous cruise has to get off the ship before anyone gets on... then they let the wedding parties on, etc. I usually try to get there around that time and I'm usually on the ship by 11:45-12:30 depending on how the previous debarkation goes...

We also were on Liberty 2 weeks ago - got to the terminal at 11:00 and were on the ship at noon

That slow huh? :p Last week for the Triumph, I stepped off the bus at 12:40 and stepped on deck at 1:10. :). That being said, when we pulled up in the bus, there was no one and I mean no one around, it seems like we hit a dead spot.

My point is, your mileage may very during various times of the day from week to week depending on what time the bulk of your fellow cruisers decide to arrive. The only constant I've seen is get there between 10:30 and 11:00, and you will be on board at or near noon.

Unfortunately it doesn't always work. Our cruise got in late and people were still getting off at 12:30 p.m. so I'm not sure what time they started loading. We arrived at 1p.m. on our departure day and still had plenty of time to eat, look around, and unpack before the muster drill.

Go early or late - your choice. I got there early @ 9:30 am because I had a very early arrival into MIA.

If you come in the day before, and have a late check-out, you could easily pull up to the terminal at 3 pm and avoid a lot of the crowd.

You would miss a couple of hours of cruise fun, but would also miss a long wait to get on.

If I lived in a perfect world, I would arrive via limo about 3:15 pm.

Archived