British Isles-Transfer from Southampton to LHR via Stonehenge help pls

Teddy560

1 minute ago, EDVM96 said:

For flights departing after 5:30pm.

Thank you for the quick response! This time change after booking on Princess website kinda made me nervous. Oh what do I do? 😅

41 minutes ago, capriccio said:

In 2019 we were on the transfer via Windsor Castle with my brother and sister-in-law.  I forget the timing but I remember that their return flight was scheduled about 10 minutes before the Princess cut-off when they first tried to reserve the transfer.  Luckily the airline changed the departure time to 10 minutes after the cut-off and they were able to book the transfer.  BTW it was a great way to spend a good portion of the day.  We all enjoyed it.

Thank you for the info. I’m hoping that my flight will be delayed a little this time lol. Still contemplating. Like I said, it’s the change on Princess cutoff time after booking that really concerns me! 

3 hours ago, Teddy560 said:

Yes we booked this in 2020 as well! Tickets were way cheaper too ☺️

I wonder if we were booked on the same cancelled cruise. I don't remember the Princess ship's name, but it was a Norwegian fjords cruise out of Southampton in August.

We cancelled with a refundable deposit before final payment as we saw they could not possibly sail this itinerary. They did not cancel the cruise until after final payment was due. When I went to the roll call and said we were cancelling because how could they possibly do this cruise, I saw someone else had just booked the cruise and joined the roll call.

Posted (edited)

International Friends offers this as well and the drop off at LHR is 1:30-2:00pm.  We did their Stonehenge, Salisbury, and Windsor tour a few years ago but got dropped off at our London hotel since we were staying for a few days.  Everything went off without a hitch and we enjoyed the tour.  We're using them again in August from Southampton to London via the Cotswolds and flying out the next morning.  Southampton to London & Heathrow via Stonehenge | International Friends

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I wonder if we were booked on the same cancelled cruise. I don't remember the Princess ship's name, but it was a Norwegian fjords cruise out of Southampton in August.

We cancelled with a refundable deposit before final payment as we saw they could not possibly sail this itinerary. They did not cancel the cruise until after final payment was due. When I went to the roll call and said we were cancelling because how could they possibly do this cruise, I saw someone else had just booked the cruise and joined the roll call.

Ours was late May and pretty much the same itinerary as this time except we won’t be going to Liverpool this time. Quite disappointed cuz we are big Beatles fans. We cancelled also before Princess cancelled it. We just didn’t think Princess would continue with it as it was a very volatile time. Did you end up rebooking?

39 minutes ago, pompeii said:

International Friends offers this as well and the drop off at LHR is 1:30-2:00pm.  We did their Stonehenge, Salisbury, and Windsor tour a few years ago but got dropped off at our London hotel since we were staying for a few days.  Everything went off without a hitch and we enjoyed the tour.  We're using them again in August from Southampton to London via the Cotswolds and flying out the next morning.  Southampton to London & Heathrow via Stonehenge | International Friends

Oh my goodness how in the world did I miss that? I’m pretty sure I entered my google search correctly… but then maybe not. 😂 thank you for the link and info!! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Teddy560 said:

Ours was late May and pretty much the same itinerary as this time except we won’t be going to Liverpool this time. Quite disappointed cuz we are big Beatles fans. We cancelled also before Princess cancelled it. We just didn’t think Princess would continue with it as it was a very volatile time. Did you end up rebooking?

Isn't everyone a big Beatles' fan? I am actually at the moment reading a biography of George Harrison, George Harrison The Reluctant Beatle by Phillip Norman. It is quite interesting.

No, we never rebooked the cruise. We did get to see some Norwegian fjords this past summer on an NCL Prima cruise, London (Southampton) to Reykjavik.

8 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Isn't everyone a big Beatles' fan? I am actually at the moment reading a biography of George Harrison, George Harrison The Reluctant Beatle by Phillip Norman. It is quite interesting.

No, we never rebooked the cruise. We did get to see some Norwegian fjords this past summer on an NCL Prima cruise, London (Southampton) to Reykjavik.

The Norwegian fjords sounds like a lovely relaxing scenic cruise to say the least! And Reykjavik!  I was a bit reluctant to book this current one as we have been on Regal Princess twice already. But we couldn’t pass the opportunity to visit Ireland and Scotland and of course Stonehenge lol that we kept missing out during previous visits. ☺️ I love reading biographies, I will put that on my list for sure! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Teddy560 said:

The Norwegian fjords sounds like a lovely relaxing scenic cruise to say the least! And Reykjavik!  I was a bit reluctant to book this current one as we have been on Regal Princess twice already. But we couldn’t pass the opportunity to visit Ireland and Scotland and of course Stonehenge lol that we kept missing out during previous visits. ☺️ I love reading biographies, I will put that on my list for sure! 

I do hope we eventually get to see Stonehenge.

And I see in the list at the front of the George Harrison biography that the author, Phillip Norman, has also written biographies of John Lennon and Paul McCartney,

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I do hope we eventually get to see Stonehenge.

And I see in the list at the front of the George Harrison biography that the author, Phillip Norman, has also written biographies of John Lennon and Paul McCartney,

And now he just needs to write one more to finish the collection 😄 looking forward to reading them all! 

26 minutes ago, Teddy560 said:

And now he just needs to write one more to finish the collection 😄 looking forward to reading them all! 

The author again is Phillip Norman. Let me give you all of the titles.

John Lennon: The Life

Paul McCartney: The Biography

George Harrison: The Reluctant Beatle (the one I am reading now)

There are also biographies by him of Eric Clapton. Elton John, and Mick Jagger. Also, there are books about the Beatles.

Just returned from a cruise and took this excursion. We were dropped off at terminal 2 Hilton Gardens before 2. Stayed one night before flying home. It must be popular as there were three groups ours we had to meet in the theatre at 7:15 and two others at 7:45. I don’t know why were were picked for the earlier one as we weren’t flying home till the next day. I received a letter stating which group we were in and had to fill in our flight times. I’m sure I could have changed it at guest services but didn’t want t mess things up. We were a bit delayed as on the way back from Stonehenge a tree had just fallen in front of us blocking the road and were stuck for about 30 mins 

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

The author again is Phillip Norman. Let me give you all of the titles.

John Lennon: The Life

Paul McCartney: The Biography

George Harrison: The Reluctant Beatle (the one I am reading now)

There are also biographies by him of Eric Clapton. Elton John, and Mick Jagger. Also, there are books about the Beatles.

Thank you! I think Elton John would be an interesting one to read.  Attended his concert in Las Vegas few years ago. How can all these people be so talented ! 😊

2 hours ago, Eno said:

Just returned from a cruise and took this excursion. We were dropped off at terminal 2 Hilton Gardens before 2. Stayed one night before flying home. It must be popular as there were three groups ours we had to meet in the theatre at 7:15 and two others at 7:45. I don’t know why were were picked for the earlier one as we weren’t flying home till the next day. I received a letter stating which group we were in and had to fill in our flight times. I’m sure I could have changed it at guest services but didn’t want t mess things up. We were a bit delayed as on the way back from Stonehenge a tree had just fallen in front of us blocking the road and were stuck for about 30 mins 

Wow thank you for sharing this detailed info! If it weren’t for the tree, you would’ve arrived even earlier! Maybe I can request to be on the first one out ! Did you drive by Windsor?I read somewhere there was construction there so they barely made their flight .  I’m also looking into International Friends who offers this transfer via Stonehenge without Windsor. 

43 minutes ago, Teddy560 said:

Did you drive by Windsor?

Princess Stonehenge debark tour doesn't stop at Windsor. You can just take a glimpse look out of the driving bus. And only if you sit on the left side of the bus...

1162_20230905_132256.thumb.jpg.cbe7f2e4eb5671bf3f4b32e350a0d895.jpg

(picture taken from the bus with 10x zoom)

It's from the intersection of Albert Road and The Long Walk foot trail.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/x7iAYAVg4iifi5SY7

21 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

Princess Stonehenge debark tour doesn't stop at Windsor. You can just take a glimpse look out of the driving bus. And only if you sit on the left side of the bus...

1162_20230905_132256.thumb.jpg.cbe7f2e4eb5671bf3f4b32e350a0d895.jpg

(picture taken from the bus with 10x zoom)

It's from the intersection of Albert Road and The Long Walk foot trail.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/x7iAYAVg4iifi5SY7

Thank you for the reply and lovely photo ☺️. Brings back fond memories ! Considering International Friends transfer since they do not drive by Windsor. But then Princess is more reliable? Hmm… 

We did drive near Windsor castle but could only see the top of it in the distance. The guide mentioned that they usually go closer but there wasn’t time 

• Like 1

I had booked (and cancelled) a Princess Transfer via Stonehenge.  For a few dollars more, we hired a car service since we, too, were overnighting at the Hilton and was in no rush to get through the day.  We needed an early morning flight due to connections.  

As plans evolved, we are doing a drive by Stonehenge, stopping in Salisbury, and continuing our way to LHR Hilton.  This gives us a late ship departure and a more relaxing day.  

How was the Hilton and walk to your terminal?

4 hours ago, Eno said: