Celebrity Select Dining

Dynamene

Good afternoon

I have sailed with HAL and Princess but this will be my first cruise with Celebrity.

I have booked the celebrity select dining, nearer the cruise will I be able to book times or do you just turn up and hope to get a table

Thank you

Posted (edited)

You should be able to book times ahead of sailing through the on line cruise planner.  That is the best way to assure desired times.  You can also book times on board with the Maître 'D as available, or just show up and wait in the non-reservation line for an available table, which typically is not too long.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

12 minutes ago, Dynamene said:

Good afternoon

I have sailed with HAL and Princess but this will be my first cruise with Celebrity.

I have booked the celebrity select dining, nearer the cruise will I be able to book times or do you just turn up and hope to get a table

Thank you

I recommend reservering your times now. Especially if you want a early time. Those fill up quickly. 

23 minutes ago, doghog said:

I recommend reservering your times now. Especially if you want a early time. Those fill up quickly. 

Thank you for the reply. I can't see anywhere to do this although the cruise is in 2026

8 minutes ago, Dynamene said:

Thank you for the reply. I can't see anywhere to do this although the cruise is in 2026

What ship? Go to your Cruise Planner, scroll down to dining, click on all dining. Scroll down to Complimentary Dining. 

If your cruise isn't until 2026, you might not be able to reserve yet. Those reservations usually open up about 14 months before, but you could start checking.

You can use the app or bring up the Celebrity website on your device. I like to use my laptop as it's so easy to see everything. Sign in and click on Plan My Cruise and then click on dining. You will then be able to see if you can make reservations yet.

If you are on an E class ship, you will have 4 dining rooms to choose from. You can choose to eat in one, where you can order from all 4 menus, or you can pick and choose to go to different restaurants.

There is a pro, to choose the same restaurant in that you will likely get the same wait staff every night and they learn what you like really quickly. An example is that the first night I ordered an ice tea and thereafter, ice tea came out to me almost as soon as I sat down.

We get bored and like to feel like we're going to different restaurants so we choose to mix it up. Personal preference.

We always try to make reservations for our select dining somewhat sooner than later and try to tailor it to port times and making the late show.  

We don't sail as much as others on the board but have experienced more desirable time slots (earlier) sometimes being fully booked ahead of departure, particularly on formal nights. 

As mentioned above, you'll still be able to get a table as a walk-in but may have a bit of a wait.  But it's kind of hard to know what the demand is versus how many people may want to skip the MDR that night.  

I find that you can generally get in right at opening if you're ok eating that early.  They also seem to try to seat you in the same section nightly so if you tell them you're open to sitting in another section for the night, that might help too.  

9 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You should be able to book times ahead of sailing through the on line cruise planner.  That is the best way to assure desired times.  You can also book times on board with the Maître 'D as available, or just show up and wait in the non-reservation line for an available table, which typically is not too long.

In 2022 we had select and no problems just walking up around 6 PM.  In fact we were so nice to our waiter the first two nights, the rest of the cruise we would walk up and he was practically knocking servers down to get to the Maitre 'D to make sure we were seated at his table.

We were on Celebrity Eclipse in November 2023 and once we boarded we found a card with our set dining room, table # and time in our stateroom…So we returned to the same table with the same wait staff the entire cruise. Is there anyone that has just returned from the Celebrity Apex that can put some clarity on set dining time selection? Seems to be a lot of different takes on this! We are just a party of 2 so we can make anything work really just thought a little more knowledge would be helpful!
Thanks for any experiences people can offer.

Hello

I can only find the Celebrity Select dining on the app but it doesn't let me make a reservation it just has 5.15pm to 9.00pm and times for breakfast and lunch

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dynamene said:

Hello

I can only find the Celebrity Select dining on the app but it doesn't let me make a reservation it just has 5.15pm to 9.00pm and times for breakfast and lunch

Are you clicking on the person Icon, then scrolling down and tapping on "manage your booking" and then on the next page scrolling down and tapping on "main dining seating time, anytime"? Once opened you will see 3 options. "Anytime", "Early" and "Late". Selecting anytime will give you days and times to select from.

Edited by doghog