Regatta Drink Question

Do you mean "signature" as in unique to that specific ship?  Not to our knowledge, and we've sailed all but the newest A-class ships.  

That said, there is usually a "cocktail of the day" with a slightly reduced price listed in Currents and available in all bars.  Sometimes it's good, sometimes less so, depending upon one's taste.

There's always the Big O Martini available in all bars on all ships all the time.  Never tried one myself because I like my martini with specific gin, dryness, etc., but Big O must be at least okay because it's been around since we started cruising with O, meaning somebody's ordering 'em!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

Does the bar have a signature drink we should try while aboard? Would it be available during happy hour? Best bar to order it?

We will be boarding this Saturday!!!

Hi Cruisedreamer, Here is a list of the signature drinks for the different Oceania ships.  I would imagine they've come up with one for Vista by now.  Regards, Paul

image.png.76e5cf9b68bb237628f8499ab027d0a1.png

• Thanks 1

Martinis also has a drink (I don't remember the name of it) but it's a chocolate type martini, and I LOVE it. The pina coladas on the ship vary in their taste, but I've found some I really like. Unfortunately for me, I can only have them occasionally, so I spend a lot of time being envious of those are drinking these.

17 minutes ago, paf225 said:

Hi Cruisedreamer, Here is a list of the signature drinks for the different Oceania ships.  I would imagine they've come up with one for Vista by now.  Regards, Paul

image.png.76e5cf9b68bb237628f8499ab027d0a1.png

@Cruisedreamer1  In terms of Happy Hour, specialty drinks are not included in the 2 for 1 discount.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

@Cruisedreamer1  In terms of Happy Hour, specialty drinks are not included in the 2 for 1 discount.  

I have received the drinks 2-for-1 at Happy Hour on the menu above on my last two cruises.

Also, the drink of the day (or as I liked to call it, Happy Hour all day), is no longer is offered.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I have received the drinks 2-for-1 at Happy Hour on the menu above on my last two cruises.

Also, the drink of the day (or as I liked to call it, Happy Hour all day), is no longer is offered.

That's interesting. Perhaps a change.  I was told the Big O martini was not available on 2 for 1.

6 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

That's interesting. Perhaps a change.  I was told the Big O martini was not available on 2 for 1.

I usually go to Happy Hour in Horizons. If it was in the Horizons bar menu, it was included in June and September 2023. But yes, changes happen (and bartenders vary)...I'll find out in a few weeks 😉 

52 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I usually go to Happy Hour in Horizons. If it was in the Horizons bar menu, it was included in June and September 2023. But yes, changes happen (and bartenders vary)...I'll find out in a few weeks 😉 

And I’ll find out tomorrow, lol.  We board Regatta in about 24 hours…

• Like 1

Just now, jondfk said:

And I’ll find out tomorrow, lol.  We board Regatta in about 24 hours…

You fortunate spring time cruisers! I teach one stinkin' class during spring semester and have to refrain from cruising for 4 full months...the sacrifices I make to enlighten younguns.

Just to be on topic...I found all of those particular drinks a bit sweet for my taste, although some of the combos were nice and could probably be adjusted to be less sweet. Oh, I do recommend the O-themed drink in Baristas (and I think elsewhere but can't recall the name)...decadent coffee drink...yum!

We’ve always been able to get the Big O Martini on the Happy Hour 2-4-1. I’d hate to see that changed. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I stand doubly-corrected.  Wrong about nonexistence of signature drinks for individual ships and wrong about the apparently now-discontinued Drink of the Day.  

That's what I get for always sitting at the bar and ordering the standard stuff I like without benefit of having checked the drinks menu.  Mea culpa!  

That said, all the Signature drinks on the menu above (including Big O) would be too fruity for my taste (not to mention too expensive if 2-4-1 does not apply), so no great loss.  YMMV, of course.

Signature or non-Signature.....Happy Happy Hour to all!  It's worth the price of admission.

Edited by DrHemlock
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrHemlock said:

I stand doubly-corrected.  Wrong about nonexistence of signature drinks for individual ships and wrong about the apparently now-discontinued Drink of the Day.  

That's what I get for always sitting at the bar and ordering the standard stuff I like without benefit of having checked the drinks menu.  Mea culpa!  

That said, all the Signature drinks on the menu above (including Big O) would be too fruity for my taste (not to mention too expensive if 2-4-1 does not apply) in any case, so no great loss.  YMMV, of course.

Signature or not Signature.....Happy Happy Hour to all!  It's worth the price of admission.

Same here...I tried them on a whim, but now that O has decent gin, I'm happy to stick with my G&T or gimlet (< half-sweet, extra lime juice...apparently typical O drinkers love sugar, or at least corporate thinks they do).

8 hours ago, DoulaAnn said:

Martinis also has a drink (I don't remember the name of it) but it's a chocolate type martini, and I LOVE it. The pina coladas on the ship vary in their taste, but I've found some I really like. Unfortunately for me, I can only have them occasionally, so I spend a lot of time being envious of those are drinking these.

I drink them all the time but make sure they are virgin Pina Colada...YUM

Jancruz1