Is it along walk to Trondheim cathedral ?

I see that you have already posted this question on the Norther Europe ports of call forum.  You may have better luck on a site like Trip Advisor that is a partner to Cruise Critic

Define 'long'. I wouldn't have tried to walk it even when I could walk well. Other people wouldn't have trouble doing the distance. 

I don't remember whether or not there were taxies when I left the ship. 

It’s about a 30 minute walk. Not sure about taxis but Uber is currently showing about $15 at today’s exchange rates. I imagine taxis would be more expensive but have no data to support this hypothesis other than experience with the two in other European cities (or Bolt instead of Uber in some countries). 

We were in trondheim on a HAL Norway cruise last may. The ship provided shuttle buses to the center of town a few blocks from the cathedral for a nominal price round trip. It was either $10 or $15 pp on your ship board account. They also provided a street map. Shuttles ran regularly throughout the day.

• Thanks 1

I agree about it being around 30 minutes walk from the cruise terminal to Nidaros Cathedral.  I've done that twice myself.  But don't miss seeing the Old Town Bridge (Gamle Bybro) and once across it walk one or two blocks to the bicycle lift, only one in the world.  It's the second largest attraction in Trondheim.  Here's a look at it on YouTube.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

I see that you have already posted this question on the Norther Europe ports of call forum.  You may have better luck on a site like Trip Advisor that is a partner to Cruise Critic

This timeline I was asking more about the taxi situation 

We took a public bus.  If I remember correctly it the cost was about 3 euros for the day pass.  There is a bus stop a couple of blocks from the pier.

We have walked from the pier to the cathedral on two different Hurtigruten cruises. The walk was a great experience, full of local sights that we would not have wanted to miss. We popped into a grocery store to check out things on the way back, took pics  of all the buildings along the way, thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We could have used public transportation, It was there and available, or a taxi or uber, but we might have missed something!

• Like 1

OP, just so you are aware, in addition to the regular cruise port, there is a tender port to the south west, further away from the cathedral. The itinerary for our Nieuw Statendam cruise showed the wrong port location for both Bergen and Trondheim, but as I often do, I'd checked directly with the port authority and received the correct information. In both cases, it made a change to our planning for the two ports.

The walk to the cathedral from the cruise port is quite doable and is very pleasant. From the tender port, however, it's longer and not particularly enjoyable. However, the shuttle bus is available.

Screenshot2024-04-19at9_38_08AM.thumb.png.a8e98eb0a985f59638059d43f94881aa.png

DSC_1051(1).thumb.jpeg.32995d54062f202048bb0d1795d2c74c.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

The walk to the cathedral from the cruise port is quite doable and is very pleasant. From the tender port, however, it's longer and not particularly enjoyable.

Thanks for the heads up (I’m going here next month).   Per the port authority, the calls for HAL ships for all of 2024 will be at the cruise pier, Quay 68 (Kai 68).  See here:

https://trondheimhavn.no/en/all-calls/#anlop-table

• Like 1