What time is disembarkation in Southampton?

19 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Slightly less frequently is an understatement certainly where I travel around in the south around Southampton. Hourly services reduced to infrequent 2 hours and as others have said loads of engineering works at the weekend with the dreaded replacement bus service. 

You are unlucky. We are still getting two and hour from Bournemouth to Waterloo, so there are probably more from Southampton. They rarely have engineering works on the main line in the holiday season, so between about now and October. That leaves landslides to worry about.

26 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Slightly less frequently is an understatement certainly where I travel around in the south around Southampton. Hourly services reduced to infrequent 2 hours and as others have said loads of engineering works at the weekend with the dreaded replacement bus service. 

Think yourself lucky! 😀

When they close the line between Cannes, Nice and Monaco, they don't bother with replacement buses.

As that usually includes Sundays or Holidays when buses are only every 30 minutes, virtually all the buses leave Cannes or Nice full and hardly pick up anyone in between. We've learned the hard way that It's best to stay local when it happens.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, D&N said:

Think yourself lucky! 😀

When they close the line between Cannes, Nice and Monaco, they don't bother with replacement buses.

As that usually includes Sundays or Holidays when buses are only every 30 minutes, virtually all the buses leave Cannes or Nice full and hardly pick up anyone in between. We've learned the hard way that It's best to stay local when it happens.

I assume they are not so brazen as to sell tickets for those days?

8 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I assume they are not so brazen as to sell tickets for those days?

Hmmm.. I've never tried that. Would be interesting, but I wouldn't fancy trying to get a refund if they accepted the ticket sale.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

You are unlucky. We are still getting two and hour from Bournemouth to Waterloo, so there are probably more from Southampton. They rarely have engineering works on the main line in the holiday season, so between about now and October. That leaves landslides to worry about.

I travel to Exeter from Salisbury and Sunday is every  2 hours with frequent bus replacements. Rarely go to London but the Exeter train originates there so I guess the frequency is similar. No trains before 9 30 on a Sunday ever at my destination. 

• Like 1

Oh my, Winifred22--that sounds so discombobulated.  I'm definitely feeling happier about shoving money in Cunard's coffers for transferring this July.  But I've taken note of everyone else's advice for what I am already anticipating will be the next time.  

58 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I travel to Exeter from Salisbury and Sunday is every  2 hours with frequent bus replacements. Rarely go to London but the Exeter train originates there so I guess the frequency is similar. No trains before 9 30 on a Sunday ever at my destination. 

Yes, the Exeter line has been sadly degraded over the years, with much single track past Salisbury. Gone are the days when, as a child, I travelled to Woolacombe on the fabled ACE. Luckily (for us) the Southampton line is rather better.

• Like 1

I feel like a total idiot, but I just read a thread about the perils of disembarking in Brooklyn--and it reminded that I'd never even given a second's thought to the fact that we'll need to clear immigration in Southampton!  How does that factor into the Cunard transfer?  (We're American, so I'm assuming it'll be slower)

14 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

And a much enjoyed perk for them.

I thought that in the summer when we had to check in with them in the Britannia Restaurant at our allotted time. I bet there is no shortage of volunteers. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I thought that in the summer when we had to check in with them in the Britannia Restaurant at our allotted time. I bet there is no shortage of volunteers. 

I believe it is often allocated to those approaching retirement, as a sort of farewell present. 

• Like 1

I had just finished the watercolour class in the Britannia, and spotted her sitting all alone.

I grabbed the phone and managed to get her indoors who quickly brought the passports down, and after a cursory glance our names were ticked off.

Fastest immigration ever.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1