LIVE from Odyssey of the Seas Transatlantic April 21, 2024 thru May 5, 2024

1 hour ago, wolfcathorse said:

Please post who the captain is. I want to verify my chart.

The captain said his name in an announcement, but I missed it.   Is there a way to check on the App or on the TV?

Getting close to Coco Cay and the internet is still working okay.  I have a zoom with my boss tomorrow at 2:00 p.m., should be interesting.  I'm going to let his assistant know that my Internet might be spotty.  

image.thumb.png.1aed2b1cb30639f52f8624d888db67d6.png

IMG_2252.thumb.PNG.a34a2306173e4b3e4efa876b5602017d.PNG

Woke up this morning and thought that we were going to have a time change at 2:00 a.m., but I think I was just confused (nothing new 😀really).  On day 2 announcements it said:

IMG_2253.thumb.jpeg.0cd6c5f7b979ab4f6abbd8078be390a6.jpeg

I thought that would have meant at 2:00 a.m. this morning, but no time change, So, I think it means tonight before we go to bed to set clocks forward. 

I think we're going to try brunch in the MDR this morning.  Boat is rocking a little and I'm feeling a bit nauseous, but nothing too crazy.  

Entering the deep black sea and Internet is still holding up well.  

IMG_2256.thumb.jpeg.271f5c147d00d4493fe224c1991aa789.jpeg

image.png.4c3b3bb60a96baa423256b8fe0067dd6.png

• Like 1

The HDMI option on the TV, along with the Internet is working great.   Watching Today show using Xfinity Stream.   Slowly putting ourselves together for brunch. 

IMG_2258.thumb.jpeg.c71f58a1aa2d1e23a109627c0b9fbffd.jpeg

2 minutes ago, 3CatsInMA said:

Following!

We were on this TA last April, b2b with the Holy Land and really loved it.

Would have loved to do the Holy Lands cruise, sounds fantastic.  I think lots of people are doing B2B to the Greek Islands. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

Would have loved to do the Holy Lands cruise, sounds fantastic.  I think lots of people are doing B2B to the Greek Islands. 

Actually for accuracy I should say that our Holy Land trip was altered at the last minute due to unrest.  Our overnight in Ashdod was cancelled, and an overnight in Haifa was planned instead.  Haifa was originally one day.  BUT...after just a few hours in Haifa, we departed before the immigration process was complete.  Very disappointing!  Santorini was added to the itinerary at that point.

It was still an amazing trip!

Edited by 3CatsInMA
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Joe33472 said:

The captain said his name in an announcement, but I missed it.   Is there a way to check on the App or on the TV?

Alas, no. Sometimes around Guest Services on a pillar somewhere they post pictures of who the Executive Team on board is, like the Godmothers portrait. If you have loyalty status you can ask the Concierge. Only other option is to hit Guest Services when there's nobody in line and ask them.

Alas, no. Sometimes around Guest Services on a pillar somewhere they post pictures of who the Executive Team on board is, like the Godmothers portrait. If you have loyalty status you can ask the Concierge. Only other option is to hit Guest Services when there's nobody in line and ask them.

Went to guest services and there were no photos and we asked the crew member in line and he said that on Channel 1 that there is a message from the captain, but we've been watching for about 15 minutes and nothing.  He said the captain's name, but it has hard to understand.  Perhaps Captain Henrick?   We're going to keep looking! 

2 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

It’s Captain Marek

Went to brunch and we really didn't care for what we selected.  Had both had fresh squeezed OJ and it was warm and my cappuccino was cold.  I opted for chicken and waffles and it wasn't good.   My girlfriend opted for french toast which she didn't like much.  

IMG_2261.thumb.JPG.96f85018ac85bb3f20a573c0c052858b.JPG

IMG_2263.thumb.jpeg.89cc8e80a561e77b79a434b192263ddc.jpeg

Since we didn't eat much of anything for breakfast, we decided to have a snack at Playmakers which we really enjoyed.  We split the onion ring tower and a hamburger.  Both were really great.   Had a Black and Gold cocktail, which was really tasty.   It's five o'clock somewhere, right?   We didn't finish the onion rings or the burger and fries.   Need to save some room for Wonderland tonight for an early dinner. 

IMG_2268.thumb.jpeg.4be12f02f402548420a3669d9341b6dd.jpeg

I have my meeting with my boss in about 1/2 hour, I think it will be short.  

• Like 3

Day 2 and just got off my conference call with my boss on Zoom and the audio and video quality were great.  My boss doesn't know that I'm on this TA 🤣

I think you only need 1 or 2 Mbps for a zoom. 

Screenshot2024-04-22133924.png.2fee21f0f349d703213be4a20624127d.png

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Joe33472 said:

Went to brunch and we really didn't care for what we selected.  Had both had fresh squeezed OJ and it was warm and my cappuccino was cold.  I opted for chicken and waffles and it wasn't good.   My girlfriend opted for french toast which she didn't like much.  

Since we didn't eat much of anything for breakfast, we decided to have a snack at Playmakers which we really enjoyed.  We split the onion ring tower and a hamburger.  Both were really great.   Had a Black and Gold cocktail, which was really tasty.   It's five o'clock somewhere, right?   We didn't finish the onion rings or the burger and fries.   Need to save some room for Wonderland tonight for an early dinner. 

We’re eating at Wonderland tonight too. 6:45pm. Next up: iFly at 3pm.

52 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

We’re eating at Wonderland tonight too. 6:45pm. Next up: iFly at 3pm.

Wish we could do iFly.   Just not a great idea for us.   Enjoy your meal tonight!   Should be great!

5 hours ago, Joe33472 said:

Went to guest services and there were no photos and we asked the crew member in line and he said that on Channel 1 that there is a message from the captain, but we've been watching for about 15 minutes and nothing.  He said the captain's name, but it has hard to understand.  Perhaps Captain Henrick?   We're going to keep looking! 

Thank you for trying, Marchand28 figured it out. It's what I have on my chart, with Capt Marek  rotating off May 5 when you arrive at your destination. Not sure about that part though!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

Wish we could do iFly.   Just not a great idea for us.   Enjoy your meal tonight!   Should be great

IFly was quite fun!

IMG_1770.thumb.jpeg.abdc78aa121a917812b14e1fbfbbd5bd.jpeg

Edited by GimmeOcean
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Joe33472 said:

Have you tried the Two70 Cafe yet? The food in there is not bad and you can eat it in Two70 with its awesome water views.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have you tried the Two70 Cafe yet? The food in there is not bad and you can eat it in Two70 with its awesome water views.

Yes, we LOVE Two70 Cafe!   This is where we've been getting our iced lattes and iced mochas, the barista knows us by name.   After our brunch this morning we're debating whether to have breakfast tomorrow at Windjammer or Two70 Cafe.   The breakfast sandwiches at the cafe look really great and the views from Two70 are amazing.   We haven't been in Windjammer yet, so we might just do that to see what it's about.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

Yes, we LOVE Two70 Cafe!   This is where we've been getting our iced lattes and iced mochas, the barista knows us by name.   After our brunch this morning we're debating whether to have breakfast tomorrow at Windjammer or Two70 Cafe.   The breakfast sandwiches at the cafe look really great and the views from Two70 are amazing.   We haven't been in Windjammer yet, so we might just do that to see what it's about.

The best designed Windjammer in the fleet that I have experienced.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

The best designed Windjammer in the fleet that I have experienced.

We definitely making our way to Windjammer tomorrow morning, then!  Just soaking up all this ship has to offer.  

Thank you for trying, Marchand28 figured it out. It's what I have on my chart, with Capt Marek  rotating off May 5 when you arrive at your destination. Not sure about that part though!

We definitely tried.    If we see him over the next two weeks, I'll ask him if he's rotating off.