Has anyone been successful in getting the recently released status match?

Posted (edited)

OK trying to do this now...

I have submitted but it has been loading on the VV site for 10 min...

Trying again...I hit "upload file" & it shows text of the Screenshot below the Upload File button. Cannot see the actual screenshot.

Still loading & loading.

Tips?

Edited by KKB

Posted (edited)

Hi all - I got an almost instant Blue Extras match on my Virgin Atlantic Gold, but realised I might have missed a trick and then got an MSC Diamond match to my Hilton - however going back to VV Status Match I see MSC is not on there any more!  

Anyone had success matching MSC Diamond (or high status) to another line which might then get me Deep Blue Extras (the Wifi appeals!)??  Seems from some comments they are still giving some Deep Blues! 

Edited by IMeck

I emailed them & they got back to me in a few hours & I can send them the info thru the email.

Awesome!

17 hours ago, IMeck said:

Anyone had success matching MSC Diamond (or high status) to another line which might then get me Deep Blue Extras (the Wifi appeals!)??  Seems from some comments they are still giving some Deep Blues! 

You can’t status match to get deep blue extras. That ended December 2023.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 8:41 AM, OBSESSIVEWORLDTRAVELER said:

I took a screenshot in the NCL app that showed my name and status and uploaded that to the Virgin Voyages Status Match form.

I'm interested, so checked out the form. It has "booking reference"...does that mean that you have to book FIRST and "hope" they approve the match?

37 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I'm interested, so checked out the form. It has "booking reference"...does that mean that you have to book FIRST and "hope" they approve the match?

It just so happened I had a cruise booked. If the field isn't a required field maybe you don't have to have an existing booking.

On 5/10/2024 at 9:38 AM, OBSESSIVEWORLDTRAVELER said:

It just so happened I had a cruise booked. If the field isn't a required field maybe you don't have to have an existing booking.

It's got that pesky little red asterisk...*

I applied a couple of days ago with my iPhone and a screenshot of my p&o status, and was approved within 24 hours. We have our first virgin cruise in September, but does anyone know how many more voyages until we reach deep blue extras? Will it still be on our 5th voyage? 

TIA

2 hours ago, lumines said:

I applied a couple of days ago with my iPhone and a screenshot of my p&o status, and was approved within 24 hours. We have our first virgin cruise in September, but does anyone know how many more voyages until we reach deep blue extras? Will it still be on our 5th voyage? 

TIA

Yes you would still receive deep blue extras on the fifth cruise. From the terms 

Sailors who join the Sailing Club via Status Match will receive Blue Extras on their first ever voyage, and continue to receive Blue Extras until they unlock Deep Blue Extras, on their fifth voyage, in line with the standard Sailing Club program requirements.”

and the current loyalty programme seems to have an end date of December 2025 so there might be something new for 2026 anyway.

7 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

Yes you would still receive deep blue extras on the fifth cruise. From the terms 

Sailors who join the Sailing Club via Status Match will receive Blue Extras on their first ever voyage, and continue to receive Blue Extras until they unlock Deep Blue Extras, on their fifth voyage, in line with the standard Sailing Club program requirements.”

and the current loyalty programme seems to have an end date of December 2025 so there might be something new for 2026 anyway.

Thanks, that’s good to know

23 hours ago, Xandar said:

Yes I have, and different computers.

I emailed them & they had me send them the info via that email a few days ago.

No response yet tho.

Just hear from them.

Since this is a comped cruise,I do not get Blue Perks, but will on future "full fare" sailings.

Oh, well, worth a try.

54 minutes ago, KKB said:

I emailed them & they had me send them the info via that email a few days ago.

No response yet tho.

Do you know which email address you used to contact them? We tried one email and they responded with instructions to clear cache and cookies, well that did not fix it. Thanks

8 hours ago, lumines said:

TIA

Yea that was my next attempt, which did not work 😞

1 minute ago, Xandar said:

Do you know which email address you used to contact them? We tried one email and they responded with instructions to clear cache and cookies, well that did not fix it. Thanks

sailorservices@virginvoyages.com

• Like 1