Has anyone been successful in getting the recently released status match?

It was around 2 weeks for me. I got an email confirmation but my travel partner did not with her submission. When I called, they said both of us had the match and deep blue extras (and we both had it when we boarded the ship in March). If you don't see an email around the 2 week mark, give them a call or use the chat feature and see if it went through.

• Like 1

I know a bunch of folks who have gone through the process, successfully and not. I have heard that MSC has been removed from the status match in this latest round. That was from an MSC executive who was planning to see what the cruise line was all about. 🙂 

We booked our first VV cruise on Monday and applied for status match yesterday. Received email today saying we qualified for status match successfully and have Blue Extras. We normally cruise Celebrity and RCL and are Elite with Celebrity. Wasn’t sure if we would get Blue extras or Deep Blue (which has more value) …. slightly disappointed to be honest as Elite used to get the free daily drinks (if we didn’t have a drinks package)

Did anyone else at Elite with Celebrity or Diamond with RCL get Deep Blue or has everyone got Blue Extras ?? It looked like they only recognise Elite, Elite + or Zenith with Celebrity for status match so guessing we would have needed Elite + …. Couldn’t get to Zenith in a million years with the current points per cruise 😊

4 minutes ago, Barneymag123 said:

Diamond with RCL get Deep Blue or has everyone got Blue Extras ??

Earlier in the year I submitted my Elite Princess status and received Deep Blue Status. A few weeks ago I submitted my DD's Diamond RCI status and she received just the Blue status. I am not sure if it was the status level or the timing that made the difference. 🤷‍♀️

28 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Earlier in the year I submitted my Elite Princess status and received Deep Blue Status. A few weeks ago I submitted my DD's Diamond RCI status and she received just the Blue status. I am not sure if it was the status level or the timing that made the difference. 🤷‍♀️

I think Elite on Princess is more like Elite+ on Celebrity so that’s probably why you got Deep Blue. Elite (300 points) on X requires 100 days in veranda, Elite+ (750 points) is 250 days in veranda … you get there quicker in higher grade cabins and suite class. Elite on X is the same as Diamond on RCL so it’s probably correct that we only got Blue instead of Deep Blue 

To be honest we have booked VV for the first time to see if we like the experience vs other cruise lines so the status match wasn’t the reason for booking …. But a $100 pp free bar tab would have been nice 😂😂😂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

There was no need to re-apply for a status match.  You already had Deep Blue Extras.

16 hours ago, Barneymag123 said:

We booked our first VV cruise on Monday and applied for status match yesterday. Received email today saying we qualified for status match successfully and have Blue Extras. We normally cruise Celebrity and RCL and are Elite with Celebrity. Wasn’t sure if we would get Blue extras or Deep Blue (which has more value) …. slightly disappointed to be honest as Elite used to get the free daily drinks (if we didn’t have a drinks package)

Did anyone else at Elite with Celebrity or Diamond with RCL get Deep Blue or has everyone got Blue Extras ?? It looked like they only recognise Elite, Elite + or Zenith with Celebrity for status match so guessing we would have needed Elite + …. Couldn’t get to Zenith in a million years with the current points per cruise 😊

Wife and I both got Blue Extras last week for Elite on Celebrity.  However, I checked my Add Ons and we have an extra $100 in Sailor Loot.  No idea where it came from.  Possibly from our travel agent, but have not seen any notes about it.  But not going to complain!

• Like 1

I’m on Scarlet Lady right now.  There’s a recent change.  I’m not sure when the deadline passed, but status match only gives you Blue Extras, not Deep Blue Extras.

Also, each person must submit an application.  I submitted mine last year but did not know i needed to do it for my wife.  I submitted the monday before boarding and when I boarded 6 days later, it had not come through.  When it did, they gave her only Blue Extras because the deadline passed, but later amended it to say my wife was indeed eligible for Deep Blue Extras so I am thinking its when you booked the cruise is when that deadline applies.  I booked this cruise over a year ago.

We are Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean.

Edited by Rogueperson

56 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

I’m on Scarlet Lady right now.  There’s a recent change.  I’m not sure when the deadline passed, but status match only gives you Blue Extras, not Deep Blue Extras.

Also, each person must submit an application.  I submitted mine last year but did not know i needed to do it for my wife.  I submitted the monday before boarding and when I boarded 6 days later, it had not come through.  When it did, they gave her only Blue Extras because the deadline passed, but later amended it to say my wife was indeed eligible for Deep Blue Extras so I am thinking its when you booked the cruise is when that deadline applies.  I booked this cruise over a year ago.

We are Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean.

According to the new loyalty scheme, anyone who applied for a status match after the change should receive Deep Blue, regardless of when you booked.

But in true VV fashion, some folks were awarded DBE, my husband was one of them.  An error, to be sure, and I’m half expecting to take it back!  Another friend of mine was correctly awarded Deep Blue.  Go figure.

Edited by soccersharon

49 minutes ago, soccersharon said:

According to the new loyalty scheme, anyone who applied for a status match after the change should receive Deep Blue, regardless of when you booked.

But in true VV fashion, some folks were awarded DBE, my husband was one of them.  An error, to be sure, and I’m half expecting to take it back!  Another friend of mine was correctly awarded Deep Blue.  Go figure.

I think in my case, I applied in time and because it was a spouse, they gave it to her.  They did not intend to do so at first, but they changed their mind later.  🤷‍♂️