Handicap assistance With carry-on luggage

I don’t see this answered in the handicap section of the board. 

I fell this week and may cancel my cruise. 

I will be doing well to get on the ship with a rented scooter  at the port in PC. 

Will Carnival help me haul my carry-on luggage?

Thanks. 

Posted (edited)

Short answer is no.  Generally speaking, all passengers are responsible for their own carry on luggage.  You would receive assistance in getting a carry-on up on to the security screening conveyor belt, but other than that, you will need to take care of your personal items yourself.  Your larger pieces of luggage can of course be left with the porters and delivered to your stateroom.

Look into using a shoulder bag, or a backpack type carry-on to use when you are on your scooter.

Also, the wheelchair attendants are not allowed to use the wheelchairs to transport luggage, just people.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Short answer is no.  Generally speaking, all passengers are responsible for their own carry on luggage.  You would receive assistance in getting a carry-on up on to the security screening conveyor belt, but other than that, you will need to take care of your personal items yourself.  Your larger pieces of luggage can of course be left with the porters and delivered to your stateroom.

Look into using a shoulder bag, or a backpack type carry-on to use when you are on your scooter.

Also, the wheelchair attendants are not allowed to use the wheelchairs to transport luggage, just people.

But you can put your carry on in your lap if in a wheel chair. DH does this all the time.  However, the wheelchairs (in NYC anyway) are inside and upstairs in the terminal.  You'd have to get to that point yourself, without assistance.

I'd also suggest a backpack...so you'll be hands free if you decide to go.

• Like 1