Sun Princess 6/8 Med Cruise - another day another cancelled port

Globaler

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Any reason given for both cancellations?

Santorini was ship congestion and Kotor was “technical restrictions affecting our water shuttle operations”.

I think the Sun Princess was cursed during construction.  “Someone” is not happy with Princess building bigger ships. 

I did hear about Santorini.  Hope you make it to the rest of your ports.  Let us know how successful water shuttles are with more passenger load (if you have any more anchor stops).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I think the Sun Princess was cursed during construction.  “Someone” is not happy with Princess building bigger ships. 

I did hear about Santorini.  Hope you make it to the rest of your ports.  Let us know how successful water shuttles are with more passenger load (if you have any more anchor stops).

As far as I can find out the only schedulef tender ports are Kotor and Santorini  Both of which are getting replaced each cruise.

1 hour ago, TRLD said:

As far as I can find out the only schedulef tender ports are Kotor and Santorini  Both of which are getting replaced each cruise.

Mykonos is sometimes a tender port. The only times it wasn't were when I was aboard a Celebrity ship!

30 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Mykonos is sometimes a tender port. The only times it wasn't were when I was aboard a Celebrity ship!

I have always docked on Princess there. The places where it shows up on the Princess schedule shows it as being docked.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Last year Enchanted Princess was tendering at Mykonos 

IMG_7083.jpeg

It happens. What did the schedule say then? Was there another CCL owned ship in port on that day?

Have been there 3 times on Princess ships and we docked. 2 of the times there was a Celebrity ship there and they tendered.

This year the schedule for the Sun shows Mykonos docked, not tendering.

If there is a chance for tendering  the schedule will usually indicate tendor port.

We will see for sure on May 3 and May 24 when there are 3 ships in port when the Sun is there.

Edited by TRLD