Transferring bookings to TA for the first time

I just got off a Princess cruise and bought a few FCDs when onboard. I just booked a couple of 2025 cruises directly on Princess.com. I understand that I have 60 days to transfer to a TA (I read someone said 90 days?).  Anyway, I always use the same TA website so I think I can transfer my bookings to them. I have never done this before so I have a few questions.

1)     Can I transfer my bookings to a travel agency (firm) and not a particular travel agent (person)?  

2)     If I find better pricing after I transfer my bookings to a TA, can I transfer again before the final payment date?

3)     I noticed my TA doesn’t show the same available staterooms like what I saw on Princess.com. If I book a stateroom that’s not showing on the TA site, can I still transfer my booking to them?

4)     Memorial Day is coming and July 4th is not that far away. Princess may have some promotions during the bigger holidays.  I think I have time to wait and compare all TA promotions before I transfer my bookings to one of them and then get repricing.  Is Memorial Day sales usually better or July 4th?

Thank you!

26 minutes ago, ccheng6401 said:

I just got off a Princess cruise and bought a few FCDs when onboard. I just booked a couple of 2025 cruises directly on Princess.com. I understand that I have 60 days to transfer to a TA (I read someone said 90 days?).  Anyway, I always use the same TA website so I think I can transfer my bookings to them. I have never done this before so I have a few questions.

1)     Can I transfer my bookings to a travel agency (firm) and not a particular travel agent (person)?  

2)     If I find better pricing after I transfer my bookings to a TA, can I transfer again before the final payment date?

3)     I noticed my TA doesn’t show the same available staterooms like what I saw on Princess.com. If I book a stateroom that’s not showing on the TA site, can I still transfer my booking to them?

4)     Memorial Day is coming and July 4th is not that far away. Princess may have some promotions during the bigger holidays.  I think I have time to wait and compare all TA promotions before I transfer my bookings to one of them and then get repricing.  Is Memorial Day sales usually better or July 4th?

Thank you!

You can transfer your booking to a TA.  Simply call your TA.  I would see if the TA has their own promo.  You gave a limited number of days to do the transfer.

If your fare goes down before final payment you can reference.  After - too bad 

• Like 1

1) Yes - the form has a line for New Agency Name and New Travel Advisor's Name (if applicable). You need to contact your TA (or agency) and have them send you the request form, all their information will be already included.

2) If you find a fare drop or better deal, your agency can either apply it for you or re-book it.

3) I don't think it matters if your agency does not show the stateroom as available -- of course, if you already booked it with Princess, it wouldn't.

4) From the form: "Bookings may only be transferred within 60 days of booking creation so long as (a) the request is made outside the Final Pyment period, and (b) the booking is not paid in full." I don't anything regarding sales, maybe someone else has more info.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

4) From the form: "Bookings may only be transferred within 60 days of booking creation so long as (a) the request is made outside the Final Pyment period, and (b) the booking is not paid in full." I don't anything regarding sales, maybe someone else has more info

Princess emailed me that it was 90 days when they rejected my request to transfer. (It was 97 days). But we have seen misinformation being given by Princess before. If the form says 60 days, I would go with that.

• Like 1

I found that Princess website doesn't show all the available staterooms. I saw a stateroom on every TA's website but Princess's site said sold out. I called Princess anyway to see if I can get that room and I did.  How odd is that Princess won't show all of the available staterooms on their own website?  Especally for Emerald deck.  

And again, Priness changed my email address in my profile after I booked with a Princess customer service agent. Their agent didn't know how to pull my email from my profile and he just typed it but spelled it wrong. I had to call to change it back. It's so sad that the customer service is going down hill.    

I see most of your questions have been answered except for the one that you asked about retransferring it.  That is not allowed unless your travel agent you’ve transferred it to releases the booking.  More trouble than it’s worth.  
My advice is to transfer it only once you’ve decided upon a travel agent and to one that doesn’t charge a cancellation fee.  If you really want to use a different TA after that and it is before final payment, you can cancel and rebook with the agent of your choice.  More so than that, it is just proper to leave it with the agent you’ve chosen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

@MacMadame it may have been 90 days in the past but at least for the past year it's been 60 days.

This is the email I got on Oct 18 '23 (so about 6.5 months ago) 🤷‍♀️

Good day ,

We have received your request to transfer your booking [REDACTED] to your travel agency, [REDACTED].

Please note that per our policy, reservations can only be transferred within 90 days of the creation of the booking. Your current booking was created on July 10, 2023, and unfortunately can no longer be transferred.

Kind Regards,

[NAME REDACTED]
Revenue Processing/Administration Support
Princess Cruises

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MacMadame said:

Good day ,

We have received your request to transfer your booking [REDACTED] to your travel agency, [REDACTED].

Please note that per our policy, reservations can only be transferred within 90 days of the creation of the booking. Your current booking was created on July 10, 2023, and unfortunately can no longer be transferred.

Kind Regards,

[NAME REDACTED]
Princess Cruises

So, typical Princess misinformation...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, MacMadame said:

Good day ,

Kind Regards,

[NAME REDACTED]
Princess Cruises

Thanks for sharing. I will transfer my bookings in 60 days just to be safe. 

Princess really needs to make sure the info they share with the public is in consistency.

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 11:55 AM, ccheng6401 said:

Thanks for sharing. I will transfer my bookings in 60 days just to be safe. 

Princess really needs to make sure the info they share with the public is in consistency.

Yes, the correct policy is that booking can be transferred anytime between when you booked the cruise up to 60 days from date you booked it as long as the booking is outside of final payment or has not otherwise already been paid in full. 

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 1