GTY staterooms assignment

julmops

Good morning all,

We are on the Muse from Seward to Vancouver on June 6 and have are on a GTY Vista Suite.

We are still waiting for the stateroom assignment at 38 days before embarkation.

In your experience, when can we expect to get the stateroom number ?

Many thanks in advance for your help !

1 hour ago, julmops said:

Good morning all,

We are on the Muse from Seward to Vancouver on June 6 and have are on a GTY Vista Suite.

We are still waiting for the stateroom assignment at 38 days before embarkation.

Any time from now until you get to the ship.  It varies but a week or so in advance is not unusual.

• Like 1

We joined the Muse in Bali on 18 th March. My sister and her husband joined us in Yokohama on 3rd April and they had a GTY vista booking and were told by Silversea UK that they would find out when they checked in. 
So we went down to Reception as we obviously had their names but also their booking number. Possibly helped as my sister has kept her maiden name. As that segment from Yokohama was fully booked they said that there was no chance of their allotted suite being changed so they gave us the suite number. 
They were allocated a superior veranda suite just down the hall from us.

Moral of the story is that you need to know someone on the ship now. But stop stressing as it could be on check in that you get to know. Until then it is still possible they could sell more suites.

• Like 1

Thanks both for your answers, I'm trying to be patient but it's not my main forte 😉 

However, I appreciate that the longer we wait, the better the chances to be upgraded ... 

We shall see and will be happy, even if we stay in a Vista Suite ... Champagne and caviar will still be on tap 😉

We are in the same situation- we board the Dawn on June 15 and have a Vista GTY also. In our case, the ship seems to be sold out except for the Royal Suite, so I keep thinking they'll start assigning cabins any day now...I've been checking our booking almost every day, which is probably not a good idea. I'm trying to look at the bright side of being in a Vista cabin (near the restaurants and the SALT bar!) but I know I'll be a little let down if we don't get a veranda.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, late2cruisin said:

We are in the same situation- we board the Dawn on June 15 and have a Vista GTY also. In our case, the ship seems to be sold out except for the Royal Suite, so I keep thinking they'll start assigning cabins any day now...I've been checking our booking almost every day, which is probably not a good idea. I'm trying to look at the bright side of being in a Vista cabin (near the restaurants and the SALT bar!) but I know I'll be a little let down if we don't get a veranda.

For what its worth, you'll be near me.

7 hours ago, gnome12 said:

For what its worth, you'll be near me.

Did you get assigned? Or are you waiting like me? Half the Vista suites are accessible cabins. All are connecting cabins. Yes, if we're both unlucky, we'll be neighbors:)

2 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

Did you get assigned? Or are you waiting like me? Half the Vista suites are accessible cabins. All are connecting cabins. Yes, if we're both unlucky, we'll be neighbors:)

No, I chose 417 for its size. 

9 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

No, I chose 417 for its size. 

OMG, 417 looks HUGE! Do you need an accessible cabin or did they just let you book it?

So I guess I won't be getting the huge cabin! Great location though, right next to laundry and elevators- very convenient:)

29 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

OMG, 417 looks HUGE! Do you need an accessible cabin or did they just let you book it?

So I guess I won't be getting the huge cabin! Great location though, right next to laundry and elevators- very convenient:)

I don't really need it, but they let me book it, knowing that if someone needs an accessible cabin I would have to move. I doubt it will happen now, but who knows. (There are elements of an accessible bathroom that will be helpful for me however.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As to the original question:

16 hours ago, julmops said:

Good morning all,

I thought there was some deva vu involved here...

Last time you asked (in February), you said "Thanks both ! Checking frenetically several times a day 😉 Need to be patient ... "

Edited by canderson
  • Like 2

We on the Muse from Seward to Vancouver departing 5/16.  We too had a guaranteed vista cabin, booked two months ago.  We received our cabin assignment yesterday, upgraded to an excellent deluxe veranda suite.  We've book twice into guaranteed vista cabins with Silversea and always received an upgraded cabin.  Enjoy your cruise.  

• Like 1

We will be boarding our third SS cruise on Monday. All three times we booked GTY Vista. The assignment happened around 12-14 days before the cruise. It was pretty consistent in terms of timing. We got upgraded to Veranda on the previous two times, but not this time. We are perfectly fine not to have veranda, otherwise we would not book Vista GTY.