onboard p&o pacific explorer

we did many trivias and the celebrity heads game show during the day and saw the first half of the George Michael impersonator show. (we had dinner booking so left early ) show was disappointing in that the first 3 songs I didn't  recognize (the audience didn't either) and then the next two weren't big hits. it annoys me when you go see a cover singer and they sing all the b songs.

dinner in the Asian restaurant was poor. there was a deck party last night as it was a warm night. we only caught the beginning  and had an early night

20240503_180809.jpg

20240503_194112.jpg

20240503_194748.jpg

20240503_201132.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

Out of Aussie; it's the same people on Princess.. just a generation older. 😂

Small samples size (1 P&O & 2 Princess cruises), but certainly not our experience. 

we had the buffet for lunch today.

the Indian station was good. I also had a beef burrito made to order from the Mexican station.

both were good. the food is very average, but the hot food is nice and hot. mum had roast beef which she said was like leather.

lots of cakes but no flavour.

we are still enjoying ourselves.

lots of trivia, gameshows and dances.

• Like 1

waiting for the perfect match show to start in the lounge. we call it the Vista lounge because it's just like a princess Vista lounge.

there is such a good turn out for all the events and every one joins in.

have only seen one wheel chair and a few crutches. not one walker frame.

• Like 1

we had breakfast in the buffet for the first time this morning.

it was the same stuff as the dining room menu.

we have pulled into fremantle.

we can start getting off from 7.30am 

• Like 1

we have really enjoyed our cruise.

its always great to travel with mum and eat lots. p&o is not anywhere near as good as msc, royal Caribbean  or princess. but they don't come here and do return cruises so we made the most of it.

I'm off in 2 weeks time to Europe for 8 weeks  and will be booking a cruise for while I'm there. so I suppose I can't post on here as its not Australia / new Zealand.

if anyone has any questions about this cruise,  I will  check in here over the next few days.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

its always great to travel with mum and eat lots. p&o is not anywhere near as good as msc, royal Caribbean  or princess. but they don't come here and do return cruises so we made the most of it.

I'm off in 2 weeks time to Europe for 8 weeks  and will be booking a cruise for while I'm there. so I suppose I can't post on here as its not Australia / new Zealand.

if anyone has any questions about this cruise,  I will  check in here over the next few days.

Once again enjoyed your review.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Thanks for your comments.  We are going on a p and o in a month.   Accept that food is not as good as other lines but sometimes I think it is my fault for ordering the wrong dish,   But we will enjoy.   Enjoy Europe.

eileen

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Of course you can post on this board about your cruise in Europe. It is for Australian and New Zealand Cruisers, not cruises. I would love to hear about your adventures in Europe. Safe travels.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

Thanks for your comments.  We are going on a p and o in a month.   Accept that food is not as good as other lines but sometimes I think it is my fault for ordering the wrong dish,   But we will enjoy.   Enjoy Europe.

eileen

you won't go hungry.

they do penny pinch a lot tho. if you want a burger its $6.50 and $8.50 extra on the lunch menu (altho the laSt lunch in the buffet had an included burger bar) $10.50 for a hotdog in the dining room. there is a burger place somewhere near the pool but you have to pay there too.

thankfully I'm not really into burgers but I know alot of people are.

• Like 1

the entertainment staff were good. excellent turn out at all activities and trivias and gameshows.

the cruise director was okay, he did the job, but not much personality.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

cigarettes are $15 a packet of 25, Winfield or rothmans. thats bar price. I don't think they have them in the duty free shop

How far out to sea do you have to be for that price to kick in?

I'm onboard Explorer right now in Fremantle about to cast off.

Weather is sunny, if a bit cool. The ship is looking surprisingly good. Coral Princess is tied up next door. 

The food is unsurprisingly poor, so far.

• Like 2

Just now, SinbadThePorter said:

I'm onboard Explorer right now in Fremantle about to cast off.

Weather is sunny, if a bit cool. The ship is looking surprisingly good. Coral Princess is tied up next door. 

The food is unsurprisingly poor, so far.

We're on Coral parked right next to you  😊

The food on Coral has been excellent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SinbadThePorter said:

I missed that turn because we were inside doing trivia. At least we won. 😇

It was probably more impressive watching it than it would have been doing it.

Congrats on winning trivia. We're doing OK on Coral but with just two of us we don't have much hope of winning against the bigger teams. We're also doing progressive trivia and the trivia host for that is just plain evil, in a nice way of course.🤣

On 5/4/2024 at 6:55 PM, yes!yes!yes! said:

cigarettes are $15 a packet of 25, Winfield or rothmans. thats bar price. I don't think they have them in the duty free shop

No foreign port = no duty free cigs or alcohol.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 11:46 AM, Yaya_in_Oz said:

Thanks so much for all this @yes!yes!yes!. I'll be going on my first P & O cruise in Jan so all this info is really helpful.

I second that,,my first PO on June 1st.

Cheers Carole 

• Like 2