Carnival Liberty April 29-May 3

I waited till we got home to post, but when we got on the ship on Monday, the room was disgusting. It was generally dirty, but there was dried vomit on the wall by the bed, and another bodily fluid all over the headboard, picture, lamp and wall above the bed. The situation took 5 hours to resolve with many trips back and forth to guest services. Their solution was to “deep clean” the cabin again , but the room steward and head of housekeeping missed a whole section of wall. We were so disgusted and very tired at this point but kept calm. We asked for a new room and talked to a person, who I later learned was the guest services manager. He kept saying it would be so much easier to move us but they didn’t have a room. After a few hours he said “He found us a room, isn’t that great!” Yes, but that should have been offered right away, and he never genuinely apologized.

I felt very dismissed by guest services and made to feel as if this wasn’t a valid complaint. The new room wasn’t ready till 11pm and we then had to move luggage and unpack, getting to bed at midnight. We dealt with this the whole first evening so didn’t get to enjoy any cruise activities.

I was surprised because there was no follow up the next day by guest services. I went back to guest services on Wednesday asking if I could talk to the manager, because the whole situation was handled poorly and I wanted to follow-up to see if he was more reasonable.  A guest services person told me the supervisor's name, and I'm pretty sure it was who we were dealing with Monday night. I was told he would call the room or my cell phone on Thursday. He never did of course. 

This was my 5th time on the Liberty and my 9th carnival cruise, so I was surprised that no one was having any reaction to a jizzed up/vomit room.  I would have thought that guest services and housekeeping would have been a little more apologetic and proactive.  The room was generally dirty with dust, sunscreen handprints on the furniture, and dirty mirrors, but the dried bodily fluids all over everything was genuinely gross .  I loved the Liberty the first few times we sailed, but we’ve seen a steady downfall in appearances over the last few years. I was really disappointed in guest services reaction though, and only one person seemed genuinely apologetic.  I posted on the FB group and surprisingly there are quite a few people who confirmed dirty rooms, and one even had dried blood/vomit dripping down the back of the bathroom door.  I have a Mardi Gras planned for August, which will be my 10th Carnival cruise, so hopefully it goes better than this one,

13 hours ago, KimPossible1 said:

I waited till we got home to post, but when we got on the ship on Monday, the room was disgusting. It was generally dirty, but there was dried vomit on the wall by the bed, and another bodily fluid all over the headboard, picture, lamp and wall above the bed. The situation took 5 hours to resolve with many trips back and forth to guest services. Their solution was to “deep clean” the cabin again , but the room steward and head of housekeeping missed a whole section of wall. We were so disgusted and very tired at this point but kept calm. We asked for a new room and talked to a person, who I later learned was the guest services manager. He kept saying it would be so much easier to move us but they didn’t have a room. After a few hours he said “He found us a room, isn’t that great!” Yes, but that should have been offered right away, and he never genuinely apologized.

I felt very dismissed by guest services and made to feel as if this wasn’t a valid complaint. The new room wasn’t ready till 11pm and we then had to move luggage and unpack, getting to bed at midnight. We dealt with this the whole first evening so didn’t get to enjoy any cruise activities.

I was surprised because there was no follow up the next day by guest services. I went back to guest services on Wednesday asking if I could talk to the manager, because the whole situation was handled poorly and I wanted to follow-up to see if he was more reasonable.  A guest services person told me the supervisor's name, and I'm pretty sure it was who we were dealing with Monday night. I was told he would call the room or my cell phone on Thursday. He never did of course. 

This was my 5th time on the Liberty and my 9th carnival cruise, so I was surprised that no one was having any reaction to a jizzed up/vomit room.  I would have thought that guest services and housekeeping would have been a little more apologetic and proactive.  The room was generally dirty with dust, sunscreen handprints on the furniture, and dirty mirrors, but the dried bodily fluids all over everything was genuinely gross .  I loved the Liberty the first few times we sailed, but we’ve seen a steady downfall in appearances over the last few years. I was really disappointed in guest services reaction though, and only one person seemed genuinely apologetic.  I posted on the FB group and surprisingly there are quite a few people who confirmed dirty rooms, and one even had dried blood/vomit dripping down the back of the bathroom door.  I have a Mardi Gras planned for August, which will be my 10th Carnival cruise, so hopefully it goes better than this one,

Kim

we were on this cruise as well. I found this ship did not meet our expectations either.

We had a major issue with our bathroom. After 2 days of complaining they finally move us to a balcony cabin. The balcony was filthy but the room was clean. 
Overall the ship food was fair but the ship needs a dry dock sooner than later. 
It’s currently on its was to New Orleans 🎺so we can say goodbye to Liberty for now 

• Like 1

Carnival's cutbacks to their crew levels are severely affecting the cruise experience. They need to make major changes quickly to salvage what is left of their reputation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry to hear of your experience.  I am surprised no one got back to you.  On the few times we had a problem with our cabin on any ship (a/c problem, stuffed drain) we immediately got resolution, plus follow-up calls and letters to our cabin making sure everything was ok.  Hope you took pictures, and will follow-up with letters/emails to Customer Care.

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/contact-us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was on the same cruise.  I had major issues with the customer service manager.  I had to go up to the desk on 4 separate occasions with WIFI issues and found his attitude unapologetic and dismissive. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Momschay23 said:

I was on the same cruise.  I had major issues with the customer service manager.  I had to go up to the desk on 4 separate occasions with WIFI issues and found his attitude unapologetic and dismissive. 

I think it was the same person we dealt with the first night (Andres) and there was only one guest services person who showed any caring or concern (Eve) who left the message for Andres to call me.  So disappointed ☹️

The standard of service on Carnival is seriously degraded. In the past when you mentioned something about the food for example, even if it was just in passing, the Maitre'D would stop by and ask for more information. On my last cruise my lobster was so overcooked I asked to speak to the Maitre'D and they never even bothered to stop by my table. Not really related to OP's immediate issue here, but another data point as to the standard of service on Carnival being more like a Burger King or Red Roof Inn these days.

4 hours ago, KimPossible1 said:

I think it was the same person we dealt with the first night (Andres) and there was only one guest services person who showed any caring or concern (Eve) who left the message for Andres to call me.  So disappointed ☹️

I often wonder if the top dogs at Carnival even read any of these posts or are they just smiling while they continue to fill up these ships and watch their salaries grow even larger. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mz-s said:

The standard of service on Carnival is seriously degraded. In the past when you mentioned something about the food for example, even if it was just in passing, the Maitre'D would stop by and ask for more information. On my last cruise my lobster was so overcooked I asked to speak to the Maitre'D and they never even bothered to stop by my table. Not really related to OP's immediate issue here, but another data point as to the standard of service on Carnival being more like a Burger King or Red Roof Inn these days.

That is funny you say that about the dining room, because we only ate in there once and the whole experience was just off.  I've been on 23 cruises and this was the first one where the waiter didn't go ask the kitchen if a dish had pepper.  I said it was ok to order it, but they always go ask anyway.  This guy didn't and sure enough, vegetable lasagna has black pepper 😄, who would have thought, but I was full from eating earlier so I wasn't too hungry.  He didn't offer to bring me anything else when I told him I couldn't eat it.  Then, my son was still eating his prime rib, and he brought out my daughter and my desserts and sat my son's chocolate melting cake with ice cream next to him.  What?!? 😮 We were so surprised that he didn't hold it until everyone was done.  We had "my time dining" and checked in at 8 but didn't get seated till 8:40.  I know the dining room closes at 9 but they didn't bring out the food till after 9.  He completely missed 2 dishes at the table next to us, so one person was without food.  Then he started clearing our table of dishes and glasses while we were still eating.  I know they want to get done and I absolutely didn't really care, but it was off from the regular experience.  It did make us laugh though, so at least that was good.  We did tell the ladies at the front.  

I was also on this sailing. We booked last minute and ended up with an OV on deck one. I found the room to be dirty. Luckily I brought some wipes and did my own cleaning. Accumulated dirt and dust in the corners of the bathroom counter and where the counter meets the wall. Glass shelves in bathroom extremely dirty. I didn’t use them. Tile wall decoration was filthy. Found many long black hairs. I’m sure there was more but I tried not to look. Cabin had no glasses, no TV remote, and no snoozing hang tag. Steward didn’t know how to make the bed. Ate dinner in MDR. I have always enjoyed Carnival food but not this time. No offer of coffee after the meal to have with dessert. Bread basket only came around once. I don’t eat at the buffet. Too many less than clean hands. Walked through the buffet late at night when no food was being served and it smelled like old grease. We haven’t cruised with Carnival in many years so have not been able to see the changes gradually. We won’t be back. I rather pay more for a better product. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rockraiders said:

I was also on this sailing. We booked last minute and ended up with an OV on deck one. I found the room to be dirty. Luckily I brought some wipes and did my own cleaning. Accumulated dirt and dust in the corners of the bathroom counter and where the counter meets the wall. Glass shelves in bathroom extremely dirty. I didn’t use them. Tile wall decoration was filthy. Found many long black hairs. I’m sure there was more but I tried not to look. Cabin had no glasses, no TV remote, and no snoozing hang tag. Steward didn’t know how to make the bed. Ate dinner in MDR. I have always enjoyed Carnival food but not this time. No offer of coffee after the meal to have with dessert. Bread basket only came around once. I don’t eat at the buffet. Too many less than clean hands. Walked through the buffet late at night when no food was being served and it smelled like old grease. We haven’t cruised with Carnival in many years so have not been able to see the changes gradually. We won’t be back. I rather pay more for a better product. 

Hi,

I'm sorry your room was dirty too.  Are/were you on the FB group for this sailing?  It seems many people had the same experiences with dirty room and bad MDR service.  One person posted pictures of either dried blood or dried reddish vomit running down the back of the bathroom door and on the sink and counter.  YUCK!! 

I really don't know what happened on this cruise because we haven't experienced this before on this ship.  It seems as if everything was off this time!  It's easy to say people's expectations are too high, but this was the 5th time on this ship for me, so I knew what to expect.  There were numerous other things dirty in the rooms in addition to dried bodily fluids, but like you, I can clean them myself.  Dusty shelves isn't that big of a deal, but I wasn't going to touch the dried on stuff that needed scraped off 🤮 

Don't give up on Carnival totally though because I'm sure this was just a one off (hopefully).  I am going on the Mardi Gras in August for a seven night, and we took the Spirit to Alaska last September and it was really nice.  It was the same type of ship and had the same decor, but we didn't have any of the dirt issues.  

Good luck on future cruises👍

Kim just try to ignore those that are dismissing you. I don't blame you for wanting to vent a bit and am also surprised that someone didnt get back to you afterwards to make sure everything was ok. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

Kim just try to ignore those that are dismissing you. I don't blame you for wanting to vent a bit and am also surprised that someone didnt get back to you afterwards to make sure everything was ok. 

Thanks for the support 👍 I don't get upset with some people, they can't help it 😉😄

• Thanks 1