Mid Entrance Inside Cabins on Oosterdam

Anyone have any information on the front to back facing inside cabins on Oosterdam? We have cabin 4158 and was curious about the layout and space. It says it is a large inside, but I have seen conflicting information about actual cabin size. If anyone has insight on these type or category of cabins I would greatly appreciate it.

1 hour ago, mr. godfredo said:

Anyone have any information on the front to back facing inside cabins on Oosterdam? We have cabin 4158 and was curious about the layout and space. It says it is a large inside, but I have seen conflicting information about actual cabin size. If anyone has insight on these type or category of cabins I would greatly appreciate it.

You can see pics of these cabins on halfacts and cruisedeckplans dot com.

• Like 1

We just dis-embarked the Oosterdam and we were in 8118 "MM Large or Standard Inside"

Cabin was just perfect for us....If this is similar, what would you like to know?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mr. godfredo said:

Anyone have any information on the front to back facing inside cabins on Oosterdam? We have cabin 4158 and was curious about the layout and space.

Can you say 'tiny'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can’t speak with a lot of certainty but from all I have read and experienced I would stick to deck 1 and deck 10 interior cabins.  There are a few others scattered about which may be spacious. I don’t like deck 4 on HAL ships. They tend to be above public and potentially noisy venues.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, 6 weeks in one of these "side-entrance" cabins, as is Oosterdam 4158. Entrance was in the middle of the long side of the cabin. In ours the bed was to the left, the small desk (no drawers) opposite the door. Cupboard at end of desk with safe, two shelves and place to hand short items. Opposite end cupboards for long clothes and shelves which could be converted to hang clothes, too. Small bathroom on hallway side of cabin, shower was standard small size.

Booked N GUAR and got this K. For a K we would prefer the standard long cabins with door at the end. However, for the price we paid, this one was fine!  There was no chair or sofa which was a negative. Floor space was limited which made the cabin feel smaller. I prefer to have some drawers and find having only the night table drawers a negative as they are quite small and not conveniently located. We got used to it and found it quite cozy, quite doable. We would never choose one of these as there are Ks which are larger, with more storage space.

HALfacts.com: see Westerdam 4012

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, mr. godfredo said:

I had my TA call and I got moved to 10021

You know you will have a window in your Inside cabin? If you want a second chair, ask your stewards (we had three in 10021 on Zuidy!). There are only the two nightstand drawers in the whole cabin (if you don't count the large drawers under the end of the beds). We packed collapsible closet-organizing boxes and used them as drawers on the closet shelves.

ETA: it is the left-right opposite of this cabin:

https://halfacts.com/vista-class/10024-oosterdam/

PS, the window looks over the roof of the pool, but you get light and can check the weather!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

You know you will have a window in your Inside cabin? If you want a second chair, ask your stewards (we had three in 10021 on Zuidy!). There are only the two nightstand drawers in the whole cabin (if you don't count the large drawers under the end of the beds). We packed collapsible closet-organizing boxes and used them as drawers on the closet shelves.

ETA: it is the left-right opposite of this cabin:

https://halfacts.com/vista-class/10024-oosterdam/

PS, the window looks over the roof of the pool, but you get light and can check the weather!

It was because of your previous post that I knew about this hidden gem of a cabin! The window is great but the added bonus of having the crows nest right next to use is an added bonus! Thank you for the info!!!

Edited by mr. godfredo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mr. godfredo said:

I had my TA call and I got moved to 10021

If you want the same on Pinnacle class, the Inside rooms with windows are 11057 and 11058. I had 11058 on Nieuw Statendam.

Crows Nest is only one deck higher on NS, as I recall.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruise4food said:

If you want the same on Pinnacle class, the Inside rooms with windows are 11057 and 11058. I had 11058 on Nieuw Statendam.

Crows Nest is only one deck higher on NS, as I recall.

Are those large, not as defined by HAL but in your opinion?  I am sailing the OV cabin on deck 11, it has gotten reviews that say it is quite spacious.  I am all about a little extra space. Thank you

• Like 1

We had an inside cabin on Rotterdam, 1146 Main Deck that is a side entrance. 11 nights, Caribbean. Lots of room and storage. No sofa but we had a desk seat. On Westerdam, for a 20-night Panama Canal repositioning, we had an inside with a sofa bed for 3 seniors. Doorway at the end. Again, more than enough room and storage.

Jim

• Like 1