What if parking at NYC Pier 88 is full when you drive up???

I was just on the parking site trying to prepay for cruise pier 88 parking in NYC.. I realize it’s $45 per day and parking tends to fill up. The site said no availability but other dates it gave me the option to purchase. Does that mean when we drive up we will be turned away or do they usually hold a bunch of spots for day of to be sold?

I will be traveling with my in-laws in the same vehicle and my MIL does not do good with travel stress. Is there other parking close or an overflow lot that is still part of NCL?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I am not familiar with searching a parking topic on this site so please forgive me if this has been asked to nausea 

sailing date is 3 weeks away 🚢

Bird? Any experience with this if you have sailed from pier 88

-Mark

they are overflow lots on pier 90/92 that is used when 88 is full. they are other garages nearby like iPark at 518 West 43rd Street

37 minutes ago, shof515 said:

they are overflow lots on pier 90/92 that is used when 88 is full. they are other garages nearby like iPark at 518 West 43rd Street

Do they direct you to the other 2 piers (90/ 92) when you pull up? If they are numeric I would imagine the other 2 piers right next to pier 88? If I park at the other 2 piers is it an easy walk back to pier 88?

sorry for all the questions 

53 minutes ago, expectthebest said:

Is there other parking close or an overflow lot that is still part of NCL?

The parking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal is not "part of NCL."  It's the Cruise Terminal parking. 

A very good place for information about parking at the MCT is over in the East Coast Departures forum: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/317-east-coast-departures/

11 minutes ago, expectthebest said:

If they are numeric I would imagine the other 2 piers right next to pier 88? If I park at the other 2 piers is it an easy walk back to pier 88?

it's an easy walk, unless you or a member of your party has mobility concerns. it's about one and a half city blocks. when is your cruise? the lots do tend to fill up during the summer cruising season.

for an alternate location, i recommend the MPG parking garage at manhattan plaza. enter on W 42 ST between 9th and 10th avenues. last time i checked, daily parking maxed out at $45 and monthly parking was $600. (401-471 W 42 ST)

if driving to pier 88, to park or to drop off members of your party, you'll need to enter the ramp to the pier at 55th street and 12th avenue. it's counterintuitive for a pier located at 48th street... but the entrance is seven blocks north!

and, yes, the piers are next to each other, more or less. but when traveling south, you will actually get to pier 90 before pier 88. also, yes, they will direct you to the other lot, if one lot is full.

• Thanks 1

You should be fine, they haven’t been taking reservations for that long. You will probably park at pier 90 due to fleet week. I personally have never heard of the lots filling up.