Kids In Own Cabin Upgrade Question

We’re sailing in June and booked one adult in each room and plan to switch after boarding. The fellas (14/17) will be in an interior near our balcony. 

If I were to take an upgrade offer would this still work or should I just stay put?  My understanding is they don’t care as long as we’re near each other. Should I just call and try to upgrade both?

Stay put.

You may end up 4 decks and half the ship's length apart should you get an upgrade(s).

stay put. My parents and we are now on different decks as of a couple of days ago. They got upgraded to a balcony, and we are still in the inside cabin. We were side by side, but not anymore.

If you take an upgrade you may end up with cabins not near each other. If that happens and you kids are young (you don’t mention ages) they may refuse to allow you make changes. If I was in a cabin next to a cabin occupied by a couple of 12 year olds I would be making inquiries at guest services

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herschel Dirtwater said:

"The fellas (14/17) will be in an interior near our balcony."

OP says they are 14 and 17.

Just now, EDDY0827 said:

At 14 and 17, the kids might actually like to be away from the parental units.  The 17-year-old might be out looking for one of those shipboard romances...😍

Just now, DCThunder said:

At 14 and 17, the kids might actually like to be away from the parental units.  The 17-year-old might be out looking for one of those shipboard romances...😍

Heck, when I was 17, I could gamble and drink on the Carnival Celebration. 🎉

2 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

Heck I was having shipboard romances in my 40”s

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DCThunder said:

Im not as concerned about location as I am about being “allowed” to switch pax in cabins. I read they are usually only ok with it if we’re near each other. If it’s ok, I might just see if wife and I can get something better than standard balcony. 

19 minutes ago, memoak said:

Heck I was having shipboard romances in my 40”s

Did your wife mind?  Or was this the old upside-down pineapple?  🍍

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MacMadame said:

First cruise for me. 😄 

On 5/8/2024 at 2:04 PM, DCThunder said:

Did your wife mind?  Or was this the old upside-down pineapple?  🍍

I haven’t been married my entire life. Between wives I partied quite a bit

3 hours ago, memoak said:

That was your first shipboard romance or your last ?

Yes. 😄

I didn't cruise again until my honeymoon and later our 10th anniversary.

You could actually “swap” pre-cruise. I just swapped and have a 17 yr old and 16 year old in one cabin now. We did get an upgrade and are on different decks.

On 5/8/2024 at 3:34 PM, EDDY0827 said:

On 5/8/2024 at 3:51 PM, EDDY0827 said:

I think the minimum age to not require an adult in the room is 16 or older. One person 17 yrs old in the room will work.

14 minutes ago, okiebaugh said:

You could actually “swap” pre-cruise. I just swapped and have a 17 yr old and 16 year old in one cabin now. We did get an upgrade and are on different decks.

According to the Cruising with Family & Kids FAQ, @EDDY0827 is correct. The FAQ has the following information: "Guests under the age of 21 need to travel in a stateroom with a guest 21 years or older who will assume responsibility for them during the cruise. For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for each guest is 16, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian." @okiebaugh's example is not relevant to OP, since both of the passengers were 16 years old or older.