Brunch menu

What are the hours this is offered.  Looks like MSC saw Carnivals brunch and knew it was a good idea to add it to the cruises from NY and FL.  We didn't have this option in September.

When I was on the Meraviglia last July, we had breakfast and lunch available in the dining room on sea days (and days when we arrived in port after 1.)  No brunch.

Wondering if this is a permanent change, or only for certain voyages.

I guess I’ll learn in little more than a week.

Jim

I was on the Seashore last month.  It was the 1st week of starting the brunch.  First sea day was kinda chaotic, the staff was not expecting the amount of people that showed up.  Some orders were not complete.  But the items arrived.  Thankfully I packed my patience and all was well.  Food was hot and good.  I had an omelet, potatoes, bacon, and strawberry shortcake.  The 2nd sea day the staff seemed more organized and I didn't need to pull out my patience.  Another good meal with more shortcake.   The strawberry shortcake IMO was very good.  Fresh berries, shortcake was tasty, and the serving size was perfect.   We will be back on the Seashore over Thanksgiving in the YC.  I'm hoping they can get me some of that shortcake on sea days.  If not, I'm headed to the MDR!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

"If it is on more ships...I wonder if they'll post it in the YC daily planner?"

I suspect the typical YC maître d' would be mortified at the thought of losing breakfast traffic to the MDR. I'd wager an offer would be made to prepare a brunch menu item in the YC, if I mentioned we would be trying the MDR brunch the next day.

However, on the World ships, I daresay the possible reduction of YC breakfast traffic on sea days would be welcome.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, no1talks said:

I suspect the typical YC maître d' would be mortified at the thought of losing breakfast traffic to the MDR. I'd wager an offer would be made to prepare a brunch menu item in the YC, if I mentioned we would be trying the MDR brunch the next day.

Perhaps the opening times would be influential in YC guests giving the brunch a try.  It was quite busy at times, but, if you chose carefully, it was quite civilised.  😆.

I know that Mr B would be delighted to see some of the items on the YC breakfast menu, such as huevos rancheros and/or shakshuka.  These are standard breakfast offerings in Luminae and/or on Azamara. 

5 minutes ago, no1talks said:

However, on the World ships, I daresay the possible reduction of YC breakfast traffic on sea days would be welcome.

The extended hours would work better for us.  I'd be happy if they dropped the lunch and offered brunch.  Anyway, I think it would be listed on the TV activities.

28 minutes ago, no1talks said:

I'm definitely going to ask for the strawberry shortcake when we do YC in November (if it isn't already a breakfast/brunch option).

3 hours ago, no1talks said:

We might be inclined to try it based on the timing, not the menu. We choose not to sleep in many days because we hate to miss YC breakfast in the restaurant. We're not fond of dining on the pool deck so this could be a nice option timing-wise. Looking forward to some reports of the food and service as compared to Top Sail Restaurant by some of our YC peers!

1 minute ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Thanks @Beamafar. Do you know if YC would use the Aurea dining area? Or would we need to ask our butler or the YC concierge to arrange our visit when we've overslept and follow their directions?

I’ll ask but I very much doubt they’d staff the Aegean just in case a few YCers want to have the brunch (there isn’t an Aurea area in The Green Wave MDR, which is the Brunch venue). 

Just now, Beamafar said:

there isn’t an Aurea area in The Green Wave MDR, which is the Brunch venue

I did not know this as we've never used the MDR on MSC. We had stopped into the NCL MDR whilst booked in Haven when a course caught our eye. We'd only have that one course and they were always very gracious and super attentive. I know that sleeping in would be a nice treat for us so we might give this a try on MSC. Do you think we would need to bring our own mimosas? I've seen that beverage service can be problematic at dinner, but have never seen mention of mimosas at breakfast. We always have at least one round of them. 😉