Another AMEX Platinum card offer on Oceania

AMEX Platinum is celebrating its 40th anniversary with a bunch of new offers, including several travel related.  Just announced this one for Oceania:

Get 10 additional Membership Rewards® points for each dollar spent on qualifying cruise reservations made using your enrolled eligible Card online at oceaniacruises.com by calling 855-623-2642, via Amex Travel or through an Oceania Cruises travel advisor by 7/8/2024. Limit of 40,000 Membership Rewards points.

So it maxes out at $4000 spend.  Be sure to read the terms regarding what doesn't count.   If you have an AU on your card, they might have it as well (mine did).

Certainly a nice additional bonus to the one AMEX offered in March.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, the mice said:

AMEX Platinum is celebrating its 40th anniversary with a bunch of new offers, including several travel related.  Just announced this one for Oceania:

Get 10 additional Membership Rewards® points for each dollar spent on qualifying cruise reservations made using your enrolled eligible Card online at oceaniacruises.com by calling 855-623-2642, via Amex Travel or through an Oceania Cruises travel advisor by 7/8/2024. Limit of 40,000 Membership Rewards points.

So it maxes out at $4000 spend.  Be sure to read the terms regarding what doesn't count.   If you have an AU on your card, they might have it as well (mine did).

I paid the deposit for a cruise using my Platinum card months ago. Does that count? If I pay the balance with the card, do I just use this phone # even if I used a TA?

32 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

I paid the deposit for a cruise using my Platinum card months ago. Does that count? If I pay the balance with the card, do I just use this phone # even if I used a TA?

What you paid months ago does not count. There is no need to call that number. As long as your payments through your TA show Oceania Cruises as the Payee then it will work. BUT< 

What you need to do first is log on to your online account for your card, look at the offers you have and see if this one is available for your card. If it is then you need to add it to your card. After that have your TA pay up to $4000 on your cruise to take advantage of this offer. Pay attention to the date you need to use the offer by. 

My no annual fee Amex Everyday card didn't have this offer, but it does have one for Norwegian to spend $1000 get $200 back. Last week there was an offer for Regent for up to 50k membership points. I check it everyday, maybe I'll get lucky with an Oceania offer. 

What I do notice is that some of these offers disappear quickly. So, if you see one that you think you might even remotely use go ahead and add it to your card. Once it's on your card you have until the deadline to use it. 

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

What you paid months ago does not count. There is no need to call that number. As long as your payments through your TA show Oceania Cruises as the Payee then it will work. BUT< 

What you need to do first is log on to your online account for your card, look at the offers you have and see if this one is available for your card. If it is then you need to add it to your card. After that have your TA pay up to $4000 on your cruise to take advantage of this offer. Pay attention to the date you need to use the offer by. 

My no annual fee Amex Everyday card didn't have this offer, but it does have one for Norwegian to spend $1000 get $200 back. Last week there was an offer for Regent for up to 50k membership points. I check it everyday, maybe I'll get lucky with an Oceania offer. 

What I do notice is that some of these offers disappear quickly. So, if you see one that you think you might even remotely use go ahead and add it to your card. Once it's on your card you have until the deadline to use it. 

Thank you

2 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Thank you

Oceania does not show up today as an offer. I have checked before, will continue. 

22 minutes ago, ORV said:

My no annual fee Amex Everyday card didn't have this offer,

As I noted, this is an offer on the Platinum card celebrating the 40th anniversary of the card as shown in the offer.

image.png.c9cae40ef0af4469e121269ca443b955.png

35 minutes ago, ORV said:

What I do notice is that some of these offers disappear quickly. 

I have read that these offers can have a limited number as to availability.  So if it's a popular offer, that can happen.   

I find that on the Platinum card, the offers tend to be for more high end shopping.  Also, I think they become somewhat attuned to your use of the card.   When I first got the card a couple of years ago, I did not see any travel related offers.  Since I have used it for some airfare, and a cruise deposit, I now see more travel related offers. 

1 hour ago, basor said:

Thanks - just added to our card and will max out with final payment coming due before the expiration date!

Will be doing the same! We also were able to use the prior offer..

23 minutes ago, the mice said:

As I noted, this is an offer on the Platinum card celebrating the 40th anniversary of the card as shown in the offer.

image.png.c9cae40ef0af4469e121269ca443b955.png

Over the years I have had multiple Oceania offers on the no annual fee Everyday card. The most current one about 2 months ago. Although we have no Platinum card the other 4 Amex cards we have frequently have good offers. For example, my Dell laptop that I got $200 back on when spending $800 or more. I did notice they currently have one for Dell & Microsoft. 

Free money is good, I'm amazed at the people that don't take advantage of it. It's there for the taking. 

10 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Same for us!   Actually, our FP is almost $5200, so will also put $1200  on my AU's card.   And am thinking about paying the other $2800 toward our Japan cruise, but not sure since that one is almost 2 years away.   Looking at some O cruises for 2025.....but that requires some skillful "negotiating" with my AU 🤣  (who sometimes gets nuts over my miles and points "obsession" - until he flies in Biz!).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ORV said:

Over the years I have had multiple Oceania offers on the no annual fee Everyday card. The most current one about 2 months ago. Although we have no Platinum card the other 4 Amex cards we have frequently have good offers. For example, my Dell laptop that I got $200 back on when spending $800 or more. I did notice they currently have one for Dell & Microsoft. 

Free money is good, I'm amazed at the people that don't take advantage of it. It's there for the taking. 

Totally agree.   Had that previous Oceania offer on both the Platinum and the Green and used both.   Probably giving up the Platinum when fee comes due because I am closing my Morgan Stanley account which pays the fee for me.  So hopefully some good offers continue on the Green card. 

BTW, I currently see AMEX offers for other travel - Norwegian, Seabourn, Regent, Carnival,  Cunard, Hertz, Delta, Resort Pass, Viator, Frontier, IHG Hotels, Hilton, and lots more.   A few are only the Platinum 40th anniversary offers, but others not.

Realize these are not Oceania related, but passing it along if you have other travel plans or friends who might.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, the mice said:

Thanks for posting.  Your post prompted me to check if there was a similar offer for my Amex Aeroplan Reserve card and there was.  For my card offer it requires a spend of at least $2,000 with Oceania by July 22, 2024 to earn a $400.00 credit.  The final payment for my upcoming cruise is due July 14, 2024 so this works nicely.

Regards,  Paul

7 hours ago, paf225 said:

Thanks for posting.  Your post prompted me to check if there was a similar offer for my Amex Aeroplan Reserve card and there was.  For my card offer it requires a spend of at least $2,000 with Oceania by July 22, 2024 to earn a $400.00 credit.  The final payment for my upcoming cruise is due July 14, 2024 so this works nicely.

Regards,  Paul

Yes — same here - got the same offer for both Platinum and Reserve Amex card.  Pretty sweet deal. 

16 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

You might want to hold the horses on that. I got the same offer on my Amex Platinum. However, under terms and conditions it says for NEW reservations booked between May 8 th and July 7th. I was all set to pay off my current booking too.

9 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

You might want to hold the horses on that. I got the same offer on my Amex Platinum. However, under terms and conditions it says for NEW reservations booked between May 8 th and July 7th. I was all set to pay off my current booking too.

Well, I will pay the $1198 on my AU card in June and see if bonus points post.  If they do I will pay the other $4K on my main card.   I am hoping that those dates are just the time frame of the offer and don't really mean NEW bookings.  And I wonder how Amex would know it was a new booking or not. IIRC this language has been in previous offers that worked. 

1 hour ago, pettapil said:

Yes — same here - got the same offer for both Platinum and Reserve Amex card.  Pretty sweet deal. 

How can you add an offer to more than one Amex? They changed the ability to do that a couple of years ago. 

35 minutes ago, the mice said:

How can you add an offer to more than one Amex? They changed the ability to do that a couple of years ago. 

My wife has 2 Amexes and I have 3. We both get offers that are frequently the same. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

My wife has 2 Amexes and I have 3. We both get offers that are frequently the same. 

I have the Platinum and Green, both with AU cards.  Sometimes we get the same offers. 

However, if my primary Platinum and Green get the same offer I can only add it to one card per the rule change that Amex put in a couple of years ago.  If I get it on my primary card and my same AU card gets it then we can add it to both. 

I think if one has separate logins for each card that might be a workaround but that's not something I want to do at the moment since both cards are linked to one MR account.  And I'm not sure if that works anyway. 

4 hours ago, pettapil said:

Not yet showing on my AmEx Delta Reserve card...😔

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, tigerfan75 said:

Not yet showing on my AmEx Delta Reserve card...😔

It won't.  Please see post #7.  Unless there is another offer for that card.  

Edited by the mice
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

Well final payment is coming due anyway so the card will be used regardless. It also stated something regarding ‘new’ bookings on the prior offer but was still granted. If it doesn’t, no big deal as noted has to be paid shortly regardless.  

• Like 3