Port Arrival Times

Hi all,

When a port visit says 8 am to 6 pm, what time should you expect to actually be able to leave the ship?  I understand there are variables but I am looking for general/stereotypical times?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, qky said:

Hi all,

When a port visit says 8 am to 6 pm, what time should you expect to actually be able to leave the ship?  I understand there are variables but I am looking for general/stereotypical times?

Thanks!

IF everything goes on time we have been off the ship or close to getting off at the set time. The ship also needs to be cleared, sometimes that is done in minutes, sometimes its lot of minutes 

depending on the ship, sometimes it arrives at the port like 5-15 minutes "early" so that by 8am the gangway is ready and you get can get off the ship at that time

other times, the ship will dock at exactly at 8am and then you usually need to wait like 5-15 minutes for them to get the gangway ready to get off the ship

8 minutes ago, qky said:

Hi all,

Thanks!

If the port is docked you should expect to be able to begin leaving the ship no more than 15 minutes after the stated docking time, and often as soon as the stated docking time. All aboard is usually 30 minutes prior to sail away, but be sure and check the sign board before leaving the ship.

30 minutes ago, qky said:

Hi all,

Thanks!

In each port, you should expect to be able to start disembarking around the advertised arrival time. That being said, many/most people on your ship (could be thousands) will want to leave the ship shortly after arrival. 

All aboard time is no later than 30 minutes before departure. 

I`ve been on a lot of cruise on many different shipping lines and it was ALWAYS the case that you could leaver the ship at the time mentioned on the itinerary. E.g. 8 am then ship was always physically docked earlier and clearance was done till 8 am.