Living on the Edge..

TinyG

Of glory? On deep end? or maybe just a 6 day Dawes Glacier cruise on the Edge! This will be the first time on an Edge class ship. Usually we sail on S class, then M class. I try and get something on the wedge cabins, but we are in a Sunset Veranda deck 10. Moved to this one after it opened up a few months before final payment, now right in the middle. Hopefully we will enjoy the view and regular balcony. Repriced the cruise a few times, and the beverage package 3 times. 

I have 49 cruises, hubby 48 across 6 cruise brands. So we like to pick up and set sail and kind of vacation. 

IMG_8733.thumb.jpeg.14931532039b4a979546d042ca2ef39d.jpeg

Boarded on a fully full plane settled in here in 2C. No pre beverage, but a hot lunch has been ordered. My Gin & Tonic has arrived, and it won’t be the last one for sure. Time to sit back and watch the mountains go by.  Lunch was very good, everything was hot and tasty.

We took the SkyTrain to Waterfront station and walked to the Pan Pacific. 

IMG_8734.jpeg

IMG_8735.jpeg

IMG_8743.jpeg

IMG_8745.jpeg

IMG_8746.jpeg

IMG_8747.jpeg

IMG_8753.jpeg

IMG_8754.jpeg

IMG_8755.jpeg

IMG_8757.jpeg

IMG_8758.jpeg

IMG_8759.jpeg

IMG_8761.jpeg

IMG_8764.jpeg

IMG_8765.jpeg

IMG_8767.jpeg

• Like 3

We had tried to book the Pan Pacific as we really enjoyed it last May for our HA Noordam 7 day Alaska cruise. I hope the check in goes better than last time. The PP was fully booked for almost the entire time. We had the Fairmont across the street, but looking last Sunday. It was open to book. It was $129 less. So switched over. Now we can just have the bellhop get our bags in the morning. 

IMG_8768.jpeg

IMG_8769.jpeg

IMG_8770.jpeg

IMG_8773.jpeg

IMG_8774.jpeg

IMG_8775.jpeg

IMG_8776.jpeg

IMG_8777.jpeg

IMG_8778.jpeg

IMG_8779.jpeg

IMG_8780.jpeg

IMG_8781.jpeg

IMG_8783.jpeg

IMG_8785.jpeg

IMG_8790.jpeg

IMG_8791.jpeg

IMG_8792.jpeg

• Like 4

We walked about 5 blocks from the Pan Pacific to our all time favorite restaurant The Keg. We first found this on our first trip to Australia In Brisbane 1992.

The Keg was outstanding again. Had to stuff down the Billy Miner ice cream mocha goodness. We’ve never had room for dessert before been way too full. 

After dinner we welcomed the walk home. The long building is the train station from above. 

Tomorrow the Edge!

IMG_8795.jpeg

IMG_8796.jpeg

IMG_8797.jpeg

IMG_8798.jpeg

IMG_8799.jpeg

IMG_8800.jpeg

IMG_8801.jpeg

IMG_8803.jpeg

IMG_8804.jpeg

IMG_8805.jpeg

IMG_8806.jpeg

IMG_8808.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

Disembarked Summit, we are at the PP and on this cruise! Looking forward to cruising on a new (for us) ship.

There is a good chance we can see some northern lights as they are having solar flares. Tomorrow night should be good to look! 

Hope to see you on the cruise!

Edited by TinyG
  • Like 1

Good morning and it’s May 11 Saturday and that means it’s cruise day. Woke up this morning to see a lovely lady sitting outside waiting for us. I can see our cabin!

IMG_8813.thumb.jpeg.93b8c6571c876be0da28829aae48eb97.jpeg

Breakfast was good  at Oceans 999. Our check in is at 10-10:30. We decided to watch the muster drill. 

• Like 3

I’m also on the cruise with you. It’s my first Celebrity cruise, so I’m sure I will wondering around for a few days, getting my bearings. I’m a solo traveler, and I look like my pic, so say Hi if you see me looking lost. LOL

Debbie

• Like 4

We will be on the Edge on May 31.  Can't wait to read your review.

We love Vancouver. It is a beautiful city.  Sailed out of Vancouver to Hawaii in 2022.   We thought about sailing out of Vancouver again, but we decided to use our points to fly free so we are sailing out of Seattle to Alaska.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are allowed to bring bottled water with you. Got in line at 9:45 made it thru security 10;15. On the ship at 10:35, but our room was not ready and no keys.

Most of the hallways busy with laundry, ice, and things to be removed. 

Only chairs on the balcony. No loungers. We did not stay in the room till

it has been cleaned, left our items in the closet. 

You are able to get refreshments from the bars by showing your check-in tab on your phone. 

IMG_8817.jpeg

IMG_8818.jpeg

IMG_8819.jpeg

IMG_8820.jpeg

IMG_8821.jpeg

IMG_8822.jpeg

IMG_8823.jpeg

IMG_8824.jpeg

IMG_8825.jpeg

IMG_8828.jpeg

IMG_8829.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TinyG said:

You are able to get refreshments from the bars by showing your check-in tab on your phone. 

Was your key card not at your cabin? The whole point of being allowed to drop off your luggage (besides obviously not having to drag it all over) is to get your key card. Which you use to purchase beverages.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Was your key card not at your cabin? The whole point of being allowed to drop off your luggage (besides obviously not having to drag it all over) is to get your key card. Which you use to purchase beverages.

No cards/envelope , all the bedding on the floor and left over sharp’s container on the counter. 
 Little disappointing to have a dirty room on arrival. Why let us on at the time to be dissatisfied. If the Elites can come sooner, only to leave your room. I am glad to be on the ship and not in a line. I know turn around day all the crew members dread. We left be and went on our way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TinyG said:

No cards/envelope , all the bedding on the floor and left over sharp’s container on the counter. 
 Little disappointing to have a dirty room on arrival. Why let us on at the time to be dissatisfied. If the Elites can come sooner, only to leave your room. I am glad to be on the ship and not in a line. I know turn around day all the crew members dread. We left be and went on our way. 

Wow. I wonder if that's a function of its first cruise out of this port. My other 2 Celebrity cruises - one on Edge and one on Summit - the rooms were not 100% finished, but they weren't like people just left. And the key cards were definitely at the cabin.

• Like 2

Our room was ready when we came back. Walked most of the ship, ok we got lost on deck 3. We were parched so we found the martini bar. I need more direction so an Aviation! 

IMG_8835.jpeg

IMG_8836.jpeg

IMG_8837.jpeg

IMG_8838.jpeg

IMG_8839.jpeg

IMG_8840.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Wow. I wonder if that's a function of its first cruise out of this port. My other 2 Celebrity cruises - one on Edge and one on Summit - the rooms were not 100% finished, but they weren't like people just left. And the key cards were definitely at the cabin.

We are also on this ship… I’m guessing that the 10am boarding time was the issue.  We cruise a lot on Celebrity and never encountered that when boarding at 11 or 11:30am.  Cards were always by the cabin door.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TinyG said:

You are allowed to bring bottled water with you. Got in line at 9:45 made it thru security 10;15. On the ship at 10:35, but our room was not ready and no keys.

Most of the hallways busy with laundry, ice, and things to be removed. 

Only chairs on the balcony. No loungers. We did not stay in the room till

it has been cleaned, left our items in the closet. 

IMG_8817.jpeg

IMG_8818.jpeg

IMG_8819.jpeg

IMG_8820.jpeg

IMG_8821.jpeg

IMG_8822.jpeg

IMG_8823.jpeg

IMG_8824.jpeg

IMG_8825.jpeg

IMG_8828.jpeg

IMG_8829.jpeg

My Edge SV deck stateroom has 1 lounger, as does the SV next door to us.  In addition there are the usual 2 chairs and one small round table.

Our first night was the cosmopolitan restaurant seated at seat 380.  I could not really understand the sommelier. I wanted a Merlot or Pinot noir. Not really sure what we got.  Corn soup for me. Onion soup for the Mr man. The internet is not behaving and the 
wifi is not that good hanging on the coast and back on my own internet, so if you don’t see me. I will be back. Off the coast of Victoria dropping off the pilot. Pictures will not load for now. Silent disco tonight!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, twincheryl said:

We are also on this ship… I’m guessing that the 10am boarding time was the issue.  We cruise a lot on Celebrity and never encountered that when boarding at 11 or 11:30am.  Cards were always by the cabin door.

WOW! Why did they board at 10? Seems very early - and weird to board before they are remotely ready.

I had an 11-1130 check in and it was quite the cluster. 3 ships in port and it looked like people were still disembarking (maybe Sapphire Princess). Where we were dropped off was on the other side of where we checked in, so had to backtrack, and then 3 ships going through same security line. I have experienced Vancouver before, and it never is the smoothest, but I was in no hurry. Got on ship at noon and dropped off carryon’s. My card was there.

• Like 1

I guess thats what happens with an early check in time. We’ve never seen that early of an option on prior cruises. Our time was 10:30. We left our room at the PP at 10:30 and were onboard about 45 min later, our room was made up but no robes, soap, etc…. 
We were surprised that the security was not separated by ship. Previously when boarding at Canada Place we were directed to to a Celebrity conference room thru the convention center, there was a Global Entry line for immigration in the past. Curious how long it took people who came after 11:30.

First Edge cruise, it seems crowded because everyone is indoors.

1 hour ago, lovecruzin said:

First Edge cruise, it seems crowded because everyone is indoors.

Indoors due to rain...or it's just cold?

I'm assuming that I will still be spending time on deck if it's not raining when we embark at the end of the month.  But it's my first cold weather cruise so I'm really not sure what to expect.

• Like 1