Anyone able to switch to new middle fixed dining time prior to cruise?

17 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

That’s a hard pass for me. I’ll look into it when it can be booked in advance like the normal times. I want no parts of dealing with anything MTD-related on Wonder. We had early seating on deck 4 in March & the MTD “line” as we left the MDR was more like a sea of people extending out towards the elevators.

We had MTD dining on wonder in December and it was great. We book for around 7/7.30 and there was either little lines or when there was lines, it moved quickly.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Not true so far - no advance option atm! - see my comment above - it is about 30% of MTD right now and they struggle as their bouncers are not aware of the people bypassing the line - so you have to argue every 2nd night....we got a "line pass" from our headwaiter🤣

Back when we were able to make MTD reservations thru the cruise planner, I would book nightly reservations for us and our friends for the same time for every night.  So after the first night, after that we had the same table and servers, and just walked in every night past the guards at the desk.
So it was very much like main dining and not at all like MTD. 
I think that was changed post Covid. That’s when we went back to early dining. 

It was kind of a pain booking it online each night at a time.

It would have been much better if instead of first choosing a day, we chose a time, and then just chose the days for that time.

But of course, Royals programmers don’t think like a passenger.

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Back when we were able to make MTD reservations thru the cruise planner, I would book nightly reservations for us and our friends for the same time for every night.  So after the first night, after that we had the same table and servers, and just walked in every night past the guards at the desk.
So it was very much like main dining and not at all like MTD. 
I think that was changed post Covid. That’s when we went back to early dining. 

It was kind of a pain booking it online each night at a time.

It would have been much better if instead of first choosing a day, we chose a time, and then just chose the days for that time.

But of course, Royals programmers don’t think like a passenger.

You can still make MTD reservations through the cruise planner (or at least you could when I last cruised in December). We booked all

of our MDR nights in advance.

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Although we see many coming in at 5:15 and even some coming in at 5:30

I think it was Allure in October when we had out first 5:00... there was actually a sign posted outside the MDR that listed early seating as 5:00-5:15pm. Our impression is that there's a 15 minute grace period and anything beyond that is considered late.

54 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

We had MTD dining on wonder in December and it was great. We book for around 7/7.30 and there was either little lines or when there was lines, it moved quickly.

Glad it went smoothly for you. It was a mess in March.

1 hour ago, Donsyb said:

You can still make MTD reservations through the cruise planner (or at least you could when I last cruised in December). We booked all

of our MDR nights in advance.

I didn’t know that, or possibly after the shutdown it wasn’t there in the planner but is now…we’re used to early dining now 😁

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I didn’t know that, or possibly after the shutdown it wasn’t there in the planner but is now…we’re used to early dining now 😁

It was there in 2022 when I took my first post Covid cruise and was still there last year. The new mid seating would seat us better than either early or late though, so might consider that if it’s available for our next cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Was able to book online up to my last pre-shutdown cruise - Feb. 2020 and all my restart cruises, starting with Oasis - Oct 2021.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Was able to book online up to my last pre-shutdown cruise - Feb. 2020 and all my restart cruises, starting with Oasis - Oct 2021.

Possibly the time I tried after restart, there was just a problem in the planner for me….

On 5/11/2024 at 4:54 PM, cruiseboy89130 said:

Unknown which ones exactly - Oasis, Wonder, Spectrum and Icon are known...

They will add one every x weeks - and when all have it - the IT will follow up to have it as an booking-option in advance!

Add anthem