*LIVE* from the Norwegian Joy – 7-Night Bermuda – May 12-19, 2024

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The only table outside Teppanyaki and The Social was selling beverage packages. 

that's odd.

i have never seen a table set up on any NCL cruise that was selling drink packages. who would buy such a thing at retail if they didn't already have an included FAS package? the onboard cost is astronomical. i could see maybe an upsell to premium plus, but that's a very small audience. i wouldn't think it would pay to set up a table for that. but, if they did, wouldn't it be more likely that they would be selling drink package upgrades inside, where they make dinner reservations?

in any event, that table outside teppanyaki in my personal lived experience normally sells vibe passes. that would be a real bummer if they stopped doing that, post dry dock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

that's odd.

i have never seen a table set up on any NCL cruise that was selling drink packages. who would buy such a thing at retail if they didn't already have an included FAS package? the onboard cost is astronomical. i could see maybe an upsell to premium plus, but that's a very small audience. i wouldn't think it would pay to set up a table for that. but, if they did, wouldn't it be more likely that they would be selling drink package upgrades inside, where they make dinner reservations?

in any event, that table outside teppanyaki in my personal lived experience normally sells vibe passes. that would be a real bummer if they stopped doing that, post dry dock.

There is always a table selling Water and Soda packages.  

• Like 1

Very much enjoying your report.  I know you usually do a pretty extensive tour of the ship in your reviews, which is much appreciated.

I was wondering if there is still a mini golf onboard.  I see it on the deck plans, but no one ever seems to mention it.

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goldmom said:

I was wondering if there is still a mini golf onboard.  I see it on the deck plans, but no one ever seems to mention it.

Tee times not required. The Joy mini putt putt golf course is open. Located behind the speedway on Deck 19, you can play a round of 9 holes. The course is very popular on sea days (like today). 

IMG_3633.jpeg

IMG_3634.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you feel the need for speed? The Joy Speedway was the first. Newer ships have bigger and faster tracks. The Joy tests your driving skills to maneuver and pass on narrow, winding roads. 

They run double cars for the smallest drivers and single cars for the true racers. 

IMG_3635.jpeg

IMG_3636.jpeg

IMG_3637.jpeg

IMG_3638.jpeg

IMG_3639.jpeg

IMG_3640.jpeg

• Like 1

Canvas by U is a favorite Bird activity. In less than an hour, the cruise staff take you step-by-step through the process of creating a masterpiece ready for the Park West art auction. 

IMG_3641.jpeg

IMG_3644.jpeg

IMG_3645.jpeg

IMG_3643.jpeg

IMG_3642.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, goldmom said:

it's there, but just barely. nobody ever talks about it because it is inconsequential. it's just a patch of astroturf with a few holes. it's an afterthought. no clowns, no windmills, no obstacles. i'm surprised they even have clubs and balls. 

the bird's photos make it look far grander than it actually is. it's a one and done. or, for most people, a one and not done... a lot of people arrive, look at it, and just walk away shaking their heads. wait till you get to bermuda. if memory serves, there's a proper mini-golf course at the dockyard, steps away from the ship.

• Thanks 1

It’s a Mother’s Day cruise, so all moms deserve a spa day to go and be pampered. 

The spa is featuring their IV therapy. While I am o.k. With them rubbing my tired feet, I am not sure that I am ready to allow them to inject me with their magic potions. 

IMG_3660.jpeg

IMG_3664.jpeg

IMG_3667.jpeg

IMG_3666.jpeg

IMG_3665.jpeg

IMG_3661.jpeg

IMG_3662.jpeg

IMG_3663.jpeg

IMG_3646.jpeg

IMG_3647.jpeg

IMG_3648.jpeg

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, UKstages said:

it's there, but just barely. nobody ever talks about it because it is inconsequential. it's just a patch of astroturf with a few holes. it's an afterthought. no clowns, no windmills, no obstacles. i'm surprised they even have clubs and balls. 

the bird's photos make it look far grander than it actually is. it's a one and done. or, for most people, a one and not done... a lot of people arrive, look at it, and just walk away shaking their heads. wait till you get to bermuda. if memory serves, there's a proper mini-golf course at the dockyard, steps away from the ship.

Like I said, it has been very popular on sea days with people enjoying themselves… unlike others. I don’t need to pay $20 a round like on the Prima and Viva for a spooky clown. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, UKstages said:

i have never seen a table set up on any NCL cruise that was selling drink packages. who would buy such a thing at retail if they didn't already have an included FAS package?

in any event, that table outside teppanyaki in my personal lived experience normally sells vibe passes.

So, for future cruisers on the Joy who want accurate information, versus old, outdated memories of long gone days, the table outside The Social will sell you drink packages, upgrades to P+ and tasting events. 

IMG_3657.jpeg

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_3659.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I don’t need to pay $20 a round like on the Prima and Viva for a spooky clown. 

nor do i... but what the joy has is a helterskelter collection of putting greens awkwardly arranged in an outrageously small space. 

very little danger of paying $20 for miniature golf on the prima or viva, as the course is frequently closed for maintenance or open at no charge due to malfunctioning equipment. 

clowns are our friends. (they get a bad rap because of horror films.)

how do you feel about windmills?

• Haha 1

Need some mommy and daddy time without the kiddos?  Register the kids at the Splash Academy on embarkation day and have them attend on the first night to make friends. 

Teens have their own space in the Entourage, hidden in the back of the arcade (I suppose you’ll need to buy an arcade pass). 

They are using the Virtual Queue on the NCL app to check in your kids. So watch the times carefully and hop in the queue as soon as it opens. 

The 4382 passengers this week includes 500 young cruisers. 

IMG_3677.jpeg

IMG_3678.jpeg

IMG_3679.jpeg

IMG_3680.jpeg

IMG_3651.jpeg

IMG_3652.jpeg

IMG_3653.jpeg

IMG_3654.jpeg

IMG_3655.jpeg

IMG_3656.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Contrary to other reports, the gift shop stocks a small amount of sundries. For this particular itinerary, the shops close on Tuesday night and do not reopen until Friday afternoon. 

IMG_3722.jpeg

IMG_3723.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I don’t need to pay $20 a round like on the Prima and Viva for a spooky clown. 

If people want a spooky clown, I'd be happy to show up for $10...

• Haha 7