Plus package casual dining

We have plus package on the Grand this Oct. and Island next May. I don't remember seeing this on the Sapphire in 2022, is this new? What is casual dining? Thought you either have complimentary or you pay. Reading here you need to get reservations only on board which is fine both trips are long so once I know what this is I can make plans. Do any of the ships still have the pub lunch would this be casual?

Thanks as always for any guidance, Laura

4 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

We have plus package on the Grand this Oct. and Island next May. I don't remember seeing this on the Sapphire in 2022, is this new? What is casual dining? Thought you either have complimentary or you pay. Reading here you need to get reservations only on board which is fine both trips are long so once I know what this is I can make plans. Do any of the ships still have the pub lunch would this be casual?

Pub lunch is now done in the MDR. No charge

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I think they prefer that 2 people using their Plus package dining credits not take up 4 casual dining seatings.

That aspect of the sharing situation hadn't occurred to me. Thank you for pointing that out. 

6 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Yes, Casual dining for a few is new since 2022. It was introduced in Aug 2023.

Different ships have different venues, and some ships without any of the dedicated standalone venues have pop-ups in the specialty or buffet for lunch or dinner.

So, pay attention to the dining section of the Patter daily if they interest you. 

9 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Yes, Casual dining for a few is new since 2022. It was introduced in Aug 2023.

Different ships have different venues, and some ships without any of the dedicated standalone venues have pop-ups in the specialty or buffet for lunch or dinner.

So, pay attention to the dining section of the Patter daily if they interest you. 

Thanks our two bookings have this so will watch on both Grand and Island.

Here's my "plank" from tonight's dinner. Barbecue is subjective, but this was okay. It's pulled pork and pulled chicken. It's a lot of food, though, and I am still due dessert.

IMG20240513204913.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kay S said:

There goes the ambiance.  

Also no line outside of Crown Grille for an hour. I actually prefer it now. There was never that much ambiance as many people as they would crowd in there 

4 hours ago, memoak said:

Also no line outside of Crown Grille for an hour. I actually prefer it now. There was never that much ambiance as many people as they would crowd in there 

I liked it.