Flight listed on Flight Ease doesn't show up on airline site

I'm trying to use Flight Ease for the first time to book open jaw flights into Anchorage and out of Vancouver; I decided to check the same flight numbers on the airline websites, to confirm Flight Ease was cheaper, but found that the flight to Anchorage doesn't show up on the United Airlines website.  I'm assuming this means that the flight information I'm seeing on Flight Ease is outdated and the flight doesn't really exist, but does anyone have any insight?  The total price for both flights is very good and I'm tempted to book it anyway, hoping Flight Ease will stand behind the price but I guess it's more likely that they'll substitute a flight I like less.

There is no harm in booking a flexible fare.  You do not need to pay for it until you pay for your cruise.  You can easily cancel up until that point.  

Another thought..,Are the flights on partner airlines?  That might be why you can’t see the flight number.

14 minutes ago, 0106 said:

There is no harm in booking a flexible fare.  You do not need to pay for it until you pay for your cruise.  You can easily cancel up until that point.  

Another thought..,Are the flights on partner airlines?  That might be why you can’t see the flight number.

Actually, I've already paid for the cruise so if I move forward with booking flights, sounds like my cancellation options might be limited?

Flight Ease shows the flight to Anchorage as United Airlines operated by Skywest DBA United Express.  I expected it would be visible on the United Airlines website, but is that not correct?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

Yes, give the exact flight times. You also need to make sure that the flight is not a code share. United often sells seats on Air Canada.

Here are the details on the pre-cruise flight from Detroit to Anchorage, with a layover in Chicago

United Airlines 4749
operated by SKYWEST DBA UNITED EXPRESS
Jet Embraer 175
Economy class

From DTW Detroit Metro
Departing Date: Thursday, July 18, 2024 Departing Time: 11:00 AM

To ORD Chicago Ohare
Arrival Date: Thursday, July 18, 2024 Arrival Time: 11:27 AM

United Airlines 450
Jet Boeing 737
Economy class

From ORD Chicago Ohare
Departing Date: Thursday, July 18, 2024 Departing Time: 4:14 PM
To ANC Anchorage 
Arrival Date: Thursday, July 18, 2024 Arrival Time: 7:57 PM

Since it's open jaw (as opposed to round trip) I figured the post cruise flight isn't a factor here, but FWIW: Vancouver to Detroit via Air Canada.  I can add those details too if that will help?

Edited by BadgerRedux
ETA connecting flight from Chicago to Anchorage

4 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Sky West is a regional airline partner of United.  Look for the flight on their site.

Thanks, just tried checking skywest.com but the site says to "visit one of our partner's websites" (including United)

30 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

More details would be helpful...departing airport, date, etc.

This will be moved to Cruise Air, I am sure.

If I've posted in the wrong forum, hope mods will move it.  

BadgerRedux,  I just looked at Skyscanner.com for flights from DTW to ANC on July 18.  United has several combinations listed but none that match your details,  United definitely has flights from DTW to ANC on the 18th, possibly just not thru ORD now.  Of course skyscanner does not list all flights but I use it as a start.  Hope you work it out soon so you can relax and enjoy the planning.  I would probably book my own flights unless you are obligated to Flight Ease.  JMO. Cherie

6 minutes ago, cccole said:

BadgerRedux,  I just looked at Skyscanner.com for flights from DTW to ANC on July 18.  United has several combinations listed but none that match your details,  United definitely has flights from DTW to ANC on the 18th, possibly just not thru ORD now.  Of course skyscanner does not list all flights but I use it as a start.  Hope you work it out soon so you can relax and enjoy the planning.  I would probably book my own flights unless you are obligated to Flight Ease.  JMO. Cherie

Thanks, I hadn't planned on using Flight Ease (kind of allergic to having another company "in the middle" of a transaction) but the Flight Ease price really did look great. 

I totally understand a price looking great, but I no longer go thru a 3rd party.  Many times booking with the airline direct gives you the same price.  There have been good and bad experiences posted with Flight Ease.  If I am going on vacation and know my itinerary I do not want a 3rd party deciding when I get to my destination and how many stops I make. Vacations and cruises are expensive and peace of mind is important. You're going to have a great cruise and will decide on the flights that you are comfortable with.   Cherie

I just searched on the United app and see this flight combination with an economy fare of $440. So it looks like a pair of valid flights. 

Bob
image.thumb.png.a293db7ddcdcea744cfe80ae4986bfa4.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

United has a 2:01pm flight out of DTW that connects in ORD. It will get you into ANC at 7:57pm United has the flight for sale at $601. Is flight ease cheaper? 

Edited by ChinaShrek

11 minutes ago, rwmiller said:

I just searched on the United app and see this flight combination with an economy fare of $440. So it looks like a pair of valid flights. 

Bob
image.thumb.png.a293db7ddcdcea744cfe80ae4986bfa4.png

Thanks Bob!  You're right, it shows up on the United app, but not on the United site.  Maybe the information is propagating across the systems - the flight is either on it's way onto the schedule or on it's way off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

United has a 2:01pm flight out of DTW that connects in ORD. It will get you into ANC at 7:57pm United has the flight for sale at $601. Is flight ease cheaper? 

Yep, I think so - Flight Ease was offering me both Open Jaw flights (so, including the return from Vancouver to Detroit) for a total of $794 per person.

21 minutes ago, cccole said:

I totally understand a price looking great, but I no longer go thru a 3rd party.  Many times booking with the airline direct gives you the same price.  There have been good and bad experiences posted with Flight Ease.  If I am going on vacation and know my itinerary I do not want a 3rd party deciding when I get to my destination and how many stops I make. Vacations and cruises are expensive and peace of mind is important. You're going to have a great cruise and will decide on the flights that you are comfortable with.   Cherie

I hear you, and that's always my feeling too.  But by the time I opted for a balcony cabin, the land cruise cost more than I expected, and now looking at shore excursions; it's a lot.  Would really like to save money on the flights.  Be ready to say "I told you so" when Flight Ease loses my booking 😉

15 minutes ago, BadgerRedux said:

I hear you, and that's always my feeling too.  But by the time I opted for a balcony cabin, the land cruise cost more than I expected, and now looking at shore excursions; it's a lot.  Would really like to save money on the flights.  Be ready to say "I told you so" when Flight Ease loses my booking 😉

I would never do that.  I hope your flights work out for the price you are hoping for and you have a fabulous cruise.  Cherie

Since HAL changed contractors a few years ago it is harder to find a great deal.  The great deals were always on international fares anyway.  I use FE as a place holder while I shop for independent options. 

29 minutes ago, BadgerRedux said:

Yep, I think so - Flight Ease was offering me both Open Jaw flights (so, including the return from Vancouver to Detroit) for a total of $794 per person.

You know, maybe it's not cheaper - looks like the cheap Vancouver to Detroit flight I saw on FE is only $287on Air Canada; now that Bob @rwmiller found our Detroit to Anchorage flight on the United App for $400, I'm going to try to book both flights direct.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Since HAL changed contractors a few years ago it is harder to find a great deal.  The great deals were always on international fares anyway.  I use FE as a place holder while I shop for independent options. 

That makes sense

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, for helping this first time cruiser!  I ended up not using Flight Ease - booked the  Detroit to Anchorage pre-cruise flights on the United app, and Vancouver to Detroit using my husband's credit card points which I'd forgotten about.  As others predicted, Flight Ease wouldn't have saved much/any money since I was looking for economy, domestic flights.  The weird issue I noticed must've been due to  United rather than Flight Ease since the only place the flight didn't exist was united.com  

• Like 1

One other thing we realized a few years ago is that if there is a problem with flights the airline will help you if you booked directly with them, otherwise you need to go thru your 3rd party.  Have a great cruise.  Cherie

9 hours ago, cccole said:

One other thing we realized a few years ago is that if there is a problem with flights the airline will help you if you booked directly with them, otherwise you need to go thru your 3rd party.  Have a great cruise.  Cherie

That is not true.  I have dealt with my FE flights every step of the way once they are paid for.  I even dealt with my sister’s last minute flight cancellation at the airport and had her switched to another airline at the first airline’s expense, none with a single phone call to FE

We booked United with Flight Ease last summer for an Alaskan cruise. Because Air Canada codeshares with United, our flight ended up on Air Canada. Once booked you will get notification if that is the case.