Is classic soda package worth it?

It is a good value if you tend to always have a beverage in your hand and are not drinking alcoholic drinks.  Plus the NA beverages can really eat you alive in terms of "bar charges" that show up on your folio, if you are one to always need a beverage in hand.

I think the smoothies are good, I can make a better one at home with fresh and frozen fruit, but they are making it for me and I don't have to clean the kitchen and my blender when I'm done, so that is a fair tradeoff for a smoothie made with commercial smoothie base, and some additional fruit.  The mocktails are also nicely done, basically the same ingredients as would be used in a real cocktail minus the booze.

I'm going to presume that by "double smoothie" you mean a double serving.  I don't have first hand account, but the last time I had a smoothie on board they put it in a particular sized glass.  I would say they could give you two at once, or you could ask for a double and they could put it in a large cup.  All you have to do is ask.  Plus if you can get a bit of a report with the bar crew that is putting up smoothies, they will get to know you and what you want and will just put it up as you have asked for it before.

Will you also be purchasing wifi and keeping your auto crew appreciation in tact?  If so, Plus may be a better option for you (although both passengers will need to buy in).

I am not a alcoholic drinker.  My mainstays are virgin drinks and bottled water.  For the sake of convenience, having the Plus package is worth while for me.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I'm wondering if people find the mocktails to be good?

they were excellent on Enchanted.

My kid drank his weight's worth of sodas and mocktails every day... His favorites were zero mojito and Key West cooler. The adult version of the Key West cooler is the Ultimate cooler.

Also, he discovered that adding mint and lime to a regular coke makes a great tasting mocktail.

Zero Miami Vice is great.

Some of the venues also have additional mocktails on their menu, aside from the main ones.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Make sure you are charged for the Classic Soda Package and not the Non Alcoholic Package, as there is a huge difference in price between them. 

When we wanted to buy the Classic soda package, the staff ‘played dumb’ and tried to get us to sign up for the non Alcoholic one..even asking a supposed supervisor. It wasn’t until I showed them what the Classic package was on the internet, that they agreed I could have that…Maybe they’re on commission ??? Or perhaps they didn’t know the difference themselves, although that seems unlikely when they are trying to sell the packages. Who knows ?????

This was Coral Princess, February 2024.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

When we wanted to buy the Classic soda package, the staff ‘played dumb’ and tried to get us to sign up for the non Alcoholic one..even asking a supposed supervisor.

we bought it online and didn't have to deal with anyone "playing dumb"

29 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we bought it online and didn't have to deal with anyone "playing dumb"

Shame it is not an option to book on UK personaliser !!!

At least we could use our OBC and were aware of the difference in prices. 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STLCARDS82 said:

How much is the classic soda plan?

From the Princess description:

The Classic Soda Package is USD $14.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $17.69 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. The package is AUD $23 per day which includes a service charge for all Australian based vessels. A tax may be added at the time of purchase for certain itineraries or ports of embarkation. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase.

• Thanks 1

The soda package is a steal compared to the nonalcoholic package. The mocktails are good (we didn't try the smoothies). The only reason to go to the full non-alcoholic package is if you really need coffee included.

Waste of money, half the time is you ask for a fountain soda at a bar, they just give you it without checking, so unless you want mocktails are you going to drink 10 sodas a day.