What to do in King's Wharf

mduffy1834

We will be docked in King's Wharf from 10am - 6pm (Celebrity Eclipse).  Have an excursion from 10:30-1:30.  Can we walk around the port after - maybe grab lunch and/or drinks.......maybe shopping?  

It's been 42 years since we have been to Bermuda so can't remember much, lol!  

Any suggestions would be appreciated

23 minutes ago, mduffy1834 said:

We will be docked in King's Wharf from 10am - 6pm (Celebrity Eclipse).  Have an excursion from 10:30-1:30.  Can we walk around the port after - maybe grab lunch and/or drinks.......maybe shopping?  

Hi, yes, you can walk around the Dockyard and there is a local Pub called The Frog and Onion that has been there for a long, long time. Here is a link to their website. You could definitely stop in and have lunch🙂

https://www.irg.bm/frog-and-onion

2 hours ago, mduffy1834 said:

Can we walk around the port after - maybe grab lunch and/or drinks.......maybe shopping?  

As has been said you can absolutely walk around the Dockyard. While it is historic and interesting in its own right most of it is very touristy and essentially a large shopping mall attached to the cruise port. There is a very interesting museum. 

Personally it's not my cup of tea-- might not be a popular opinion here but I consider it sort of like Bermuda's version of Times Square. Not sure what excursion you are on but if you have the option to jump off and spend time in Hamilton or Horseshoe Bay on the way back to the Dockyard I would do that. A few hours in the Dockyard before you board is fine but I wouldn't devote an entire afternoon to it when I could be running around the island otherwise. 

• Like 1

As stated above, the Dockyard is touristy and not my cup of tea either, but considering your ship is leaving at 6 pm, and the excursion returns at 1:30, I would stay at the Dockyard after the excursion.

By the time you have lunch at the Frog and Onion, ( or grab a quick bite onboard the ship), that gives you an hour or two to walk around the shops which is definitely all of the time you would need to see them all.
Not much to buy other than touristy knickknacks and clothes. Although the Bermuda Perfume company does have a shop there that we always make a stop at! 

• Like 1