Upcoming Retreat Sailing on Equinox - Question about a Live Thread

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from FamilyAtSea.travel! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

FamilyAtSea.travel was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

As the title says, we'll be on the Equinox in the Retreat coming up...specifically in an Aqua Sky Suite on the June 4th sailing.

I'm planning to do a live thread but when I do this - would you guys rather I do a general Live thread about our overall experience? Or would you prefer something focused on comparing it to our experience in the Yacht Club on the Seascape and Seashore last month?

Either is fine with me - just wondering which would be more interesting to those of you that will actually read it.

Thanks in advance...I appreciate all of the great contributions on this forum!

We have no interest in other cruise lines ,   esp MSC.

We prefer info and pics of the  X ships , food and ports!

But nice of you to do a live review..They are tricky!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yours will be one of the first cruises after dry dock, I would like some pictures, and a review of any changes or upgrades.   

The vast majority of us don't cruise in suites, so for many of us, the experience in the Retreat is secondary to the experience throughout the ship. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rotoal said:

Yours will be one of the first cruises after dry dock, I would like some pictures, and a review of any changes or upgrades.   

The vast majority of us don't cruise in suites, so for many of us, the experience in the Retreat is secondary to the experience throughout the ship. 

Sometimes from reading all the posts on here, I forget that but everybody sails in suites, but that's a really good point.

This will be our first time on the Equinox so unfortunately I may not know all the changes but I've joined the roll calls for the two sailings before us so hopefully I can figure out everything that changed before our sailing so I can get some good pictures for you guys.

I haven’t sailed Equinox in many years so I’m looking forward to your overview before I sail her in 2025.  Not interested in MSC but I’ll follow your thread regardless of what you choose to post.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I'm planning to do a live thread but when I do this - would you guys rather I do a general Live thread about our overall experience? Or would you prefer something focused on comparing it to our experience in the Yacht Club on the Seascape and Seashore last month?

I would like to read a comparison but that will upset the loyalists. I will form my own opinion soon as I sail on MSC Seascape YC in July and just finished a 53 day sailing in the top suite on the Celebrity Solstice. 

51 minutes ago, billc23 said:

I would like to read a comparison but that will upset the loyalists. I will form my own opinion soon as I sail on MSC Seascape YC in July and just finished a 53 day sailing in the top suite on the Celebrity Solstice. 

I'm thinking maybe I'll do the comparison on the MSC forum and just link to it in a general live over here. 

The MSC crowd seems a bit less loyalty-driven (instead more focused on value).

• Like 1

I think I would enjoy a comparison.  Love the S class Celebrity ships but handicap Suites are VERY limited and having other options is a necessity.  Learning about other cruise lines is a benefit to us.  Thank you for taking the time to do a live review.  We’ll be on Equinox next April (had to book it 18 months in advance to get a sky suite).

• Like 1

In my experience of writing live reviews they start in one direction then develop a life of their own….

I remember starting posts with a focus on the experience of three adults in a RS and then researching and getting photos of the new inside cabins following a query. On another occasion my journey to the ship actually became more remembered than my live cruise (posh frock cruise for those of you who can remember…).

Don’t overthink it just write from the heart about your  experiences both positive and negative and respond to the questions and queries you receive.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

In my experience of writing live reviews they start in one direction then develop a life of their own….

I remember starting posts with a focus on the experience of three adults in a RS and then researching and getting photos of the new inside cabins following a query. On another occasion my journey to the ship actually became more remembered than my live cruise (posh frock cruise for those of you who can remember…).

Don’t overthink it just write from the heart about your  experiences both positive and negative and respond to the questions and queries you receive.

I've done a couple of these and you're probably right. 

We'll see where things go... Thanks!