Grand Australia/South Pacific again in Jan 2026

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the information about Grand Australia.  I have been waiting for this. I have a Future HAL deposit in and have sent my PCC a message on my room choice,   We will be seeing a lot of the Pacific the next two winters as we are are booked for 70 days on the Konigsdam for 2025.      

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 1

We just completed the 2024 Grand Australia/New Zealand and have booked this one for 2026. It is an amazing itinerary as the ports vary from including culture, history and natural beauty - something for everyone. The HAL ship size is comfortable and able to manuever in and out of ports easily. The "Grand Cruise" extras were wonderful on the cruise we just completed and provided a special experience. With a few different itinerary choices (WW2 islands Conflict/Guadacanal), PG, no Brisbane or Komodo Island), this sold us on the decision. We have been to Australia 8 times before and New Zealand 4 times however, there is always something new to see and enjoy in these beautiful countries. Room choice is limited in the area we prefer so if you are interested, you may want to take a closer look soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are booked waiting to get my deposit invoice.   We are so excited to see this itinerary and cruise on a ship new to us.  We were booked on the Zaandam for Canada maritimes in 2020 though it was cancelled for COVID.  We hope we will like it as much as the Volendam. 

I just got off the Grand Australia/NZ last month and loved it!  I was surprised to see them offer it again as I’m pretty sure our cruise wasn’t sold out. I would do it again except that there are so many other places I want to see. Which is why I signed up for the Voyage of the Vikings next year as well as the 45 day Mediterranean one. 🤣  I found that I really like the longer voyages. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kc52 said:

We just completed the 2024 Grand Australia/New Zealand and have booked this one for 2026. It is an amazing itinerary as the ports vary from including culture, history and natural beauty - something for everyone. The HAL ship size is comfortable and able to manuever in and out of ports easily. The "Grand Cruise" extras were wonderful on the cruise we just completed and provided a special experience. With a few different itinerary choices (WW2 islands Conflict/Guadacanal), PG, no Brisbane or Komodo Island), this sold us on the decision. We have been to Australia 8 times before and New Zealand 4 times however, there is always something new to see and enjoy in these beautiful countries. Room choice is limited in the area we prefer so if you are interested, you may want to take a closer look soon. 

Me too!  The 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand was fantastic—so good that I, too, have signed up for the 2026 voyage—new ports added, and actually glad we will not go back to Komodo. Looking forward to meeting everyone!  

• Like 2

A lot of us on the 2024 world who typically do the world every year signed up for this instead of the 2026 world. I think we are too tired of Africa, and don't trust that we would end up there again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just booked too!  Great itinerary and finally getting to visit more of the South Island of NZ than just Picton.  Some new stops in AU also.  PNG, too!  Went in 2013 just before they went to Sharia rule. 

I agree with @WriterOnDeck.  We do not need to do west Africa again and I don't expect the situation around the Suez to change much in our favor.

Linda R.

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 10.26.25 AM.png

• Like 2