Increased costs

6 hours ago, Mary229 said:

If you wait until the very last minute to pay for a cruise you alleviate all of these issues.  I do not pay a bill until it is due.  I assume 60 days out I have visibility and I am willing to lose a little money.  I live differently than most people so I would not expect others to do as I do. Hey, I went 30 years with no health insurance and sleep well every night.  

We have cruised about 1300 days over the last 20 years and finally, on our last cruise on Seabourn we bought cruise insurance.  Luckily, we didn't have to use it.

Ray

• Like 2

I will add my one and only pre/post Covid cruise cost "number comparison - 

We "were" booked with a flight/cruise package on Marella for mid-late March 2020 and it was $1845  pp in (Canadian$ not that it matters). The pricing for Marella cruises has always been all included (drinks, taxes, gratuities) so no weirdness in pricing sales or inclusions to blur the numbers.

Today - I looked at the same package for March 2025 and it is now  $2175 pp - so about 18% increase for 5 years (amounts to just over 3% per year compounded). Not bad really.

I don't have any HAL (or any other line) pricing to compare, but on Marella CC threads there are the same comments about the increasing costs. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, farjar said:

I remember those days too.  You got your gas pumped for you, your windshield washed, your oil checked, a smoky grey drinking glass or white handled steak knife and green or blue chip stamps.  Not surprisingly cruise prices have gone up also and perks have all but disappeared.

You're Old!  (me too)image.thumb.png.5e2b3fe04154b9c2e086edf12a36a8cf.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/17/2024 at 10:16 AM, Mary229 said:

If you wait until the very last minute to pay for a cruise you alleviate all of these issues.  I do not pay a bill until it is due.  I assume 60 days out I have visibility and I am willing to lose a little money.  I live differently than most people so I would not expect others to do as I do. Hey, I went 30 years with no health insurance and sleep well every night.  

Mary true non of us are clones to others . We are now in our mid 80s & things definitely changed from ehwn we were in our mid 70s  .As we age we are less likely to take on risks of any kind  . It is just the natural progression in life 

7 hours ago, HamOp said:

You're Old!  (me too)image.thumb.png.5e2b3fe04154b9c2e086edf12a36a8cf.png

Yup had that done back then . Wondering id that car facing us was a old Packard  or Hudson . Those were the says with the ice cream counters making ice cream sodas ,Malteds &  ice cream sundaes  . ticket to the movies was 12 cents . "Those Were the Days "