Celebrity Apex Open Space on Deck Plans

Does anyone know what the open space is on the deck plans, specifically deck 10? I'm trying to avoid booking rooms near housekeeping, noisy areas, etc. Thanks. 

If you are referring to the spaces in the middle they can be storage areas, elevators for moving luggage, laundry room service, crew stairs and work areas 

• Like 1

@jelayne gave a good idea of what is behind the hidden doors and open space.  To be hones I have never heard or seen any unusual activities from these area.    I know in the Suite Area the housekeeper has a linen closet near the hump but even being next to it never heard a peep.  

I have however heard some housekeepers chatting rather loud in the hallways once.... I looked out my door and they quieted immediately and was never repeated.

• Like 1

While those white areas will have some of what the PP noted, they don't make up the bulk of those spaces.  The area forward of the forwardmost pax cabins are officer cabins (mainly the deck officers), and the first center zone going aft will be mainly AC fan room.  The second one aft is likely storage, housekeeping, pantry, etc, as others have said.  The third one aft is the engine casing, where the diesel exhausts run up to the funnel, and some fans and things for the engine room.  The last center space aft will again be AC fan room.

• Like 1

If you are booking an IV cabin or regular balcony cabin just book across the hall from an interior cabin. Best to book where interior cabin doors face the other side of the ship and you know your door is facing the back wall of the inside cabin. That pretty much guarantees no crew access or closet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

While those white areas will have some of what the PP noted, they don't make up the bulk of those spaces.  The area forward of the forwardmost pax cabins are officer cabins (mainly the deck officers), and the first center zone going aft will be mainly AC fan room.  The second one aft is likely storage, housekeeping, pantry, etc, as others have said.  The third one aft is the engine casing, where the diesel exhausts run up to the funnel, and some fans and things for the engine room.  The last center space aft will again be AC fan room.

AC fan room  might be noisy?

Posted (edited)

On E class ships we've never had hallway noise issues even when directly across from crew utility areas or crew stairs (SV, DPV, IV cabins).  Different story on older Princess ship.

Edited by kabmab
  • Like 1