Unable to Use Cruise Gift Certificates....Please help!

2 hours ago, kdnurs said:

Tell me how!!! I want this fixed. It's been way too long.

Royal Caribbean contacts

Primary Contact
Carlos Jimenez
Sr. Manager, Guest Experience
CarlosJimenez@rccl.com

Secondary Contact
Aurora Yera–Rodriguez
AVP, Guest Experience
ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Chief Executive
Michael Bayley
President and CEO
MBayley@rccl.com

• Like 1

OK, sent it to the "SharedServices" email last Monday (May 20th). Immediately got an automated response.

TODAY, new email received saying:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Your certificate has been submitted for processing and should be reflected on your reservation within approximately 5 business days.

Thank you,

So this sounds good, I'll let you know if it does actually make it to my booking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Over9five said:

OK, sent it to the "SharedServices" email last Monday (May 20th). Immediately got an automated response.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Your certificate has been submitted for processing and should be reflected on your reservation within approximately 5 business days.

Thank you,

So this sounds good, I'll let you know if it does actually make it to my booking.

Ok, got the updated guest confirmation just now that the AARP gift certificate was applied. So that is 8 days since I submitted it to the "sharedservices" email.

I guess I will do this again now that I know it works and how to do it. 8 days is a reasonable time, and that included a holiday.

• Like 5

On 5/24/2024 at 11:56 AM, PokrChick said:

Royal Caribbean contacts

Primary Contact
Carlos Jimenez
Sr. Manager, Guest Experience
CarlosJimenez@rccl.com

Secondary Contact
Aurora Yera–Rodriguez
AVP, Guest Experience
ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Chief Executive
Michael Bayley
President and CEO
MBayley@rccl.com

I will try these. I still have heard nothing.

21 hours ago, Over9five said:

Hello,

Thank you,

I resubmitted mine on 5/20/2024 and NOTHING!!! I alsao resent them to the resolution office and I have heard nothing...Today makes 8 days ....so sad.

I'm in the same situation.  My family gifted me with 3 e-giftcards for Christmas and my birthday.  I wanted to redeem them for OBC for an upcoming cruise in August 2024.  My cruise fare has been paid in full. I tried the website, but they were rejected due to "invalid authorization code ".

I spent 3 hours today on the phone with 3 different RCCL offices, and one call to CashStar.  The e-gift cards were confirmed valid by CashStar, but they couldn't apply them as it's up to RCCL to apply.  The folks at RCCL claim I can redeem them for OBC at Guest Services on the ship.  But I'm having so much trouble redeeming them now, I have no confidence in that.  Moreover, the e-gift cards are in US dollars and we will be sailing out of Southampton, UK.

Please get back to us on your outcome kdnurs.  I hope for the best for you. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EuroDate20 said:

I'm in the same situation.  My family gifted me with 3 e-giftcards for Christmas and my birthday.  I wanted to redeem them for OBC for an upcoming cruise in August 2024.  My cruise fare has been paid in full. I tried the website, but they were rejected due to "invalid authorization code ".

I spent 3 hours today on the phone with 3 different RCCL offices, and one call to CashStar.  The e-gift cards were confirmed valid by CashStar, but they couldn't apply them as it's up to RCCL to apply.  The folks at RCCL claim I can redeem them for OBC at Guest Services on the ship.  But I'm having so much trouble redeeming them now, I have no confidence in that.  Moreover, the e-gift cards are in US dollars and we will be sailing out of Southampton, UK.

kdnurs has different gift certificates not issued by RCL through CashStar.

8 hours ago, EuroDate20 said:

I will let you know what happens. Your certificates do sound like mine. The website wouldn’t take them and said codes were not valid. Royal Caribbean told me the website says that because they cannot be redeemed on the website you MUST do it through email. I was told I cannot use as onboard credit but for cruise fare only. Six months later they haven’t applied anything and keep saying they can’t find them. 

8 hours ago, EuroDate20 said:

From what she described, she has e-gift cards purchased from RCCL as I have.  My e-gift cards are not AARP. 

do your certificates say to e-mail them to a "sharedservices...email?

RCL has gift certificates that get redeemed (https://www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com/) on their website and also gift cards (that can also be also e-mailed) that would be used in lieu of a credit card to make a payment towards your cruise or to make cruise planner purchases.

Since your cruise is paid in full, you have to wait until you are on board to use yours. Since most sailings in the world use $US as the onboard currency, you should be fine.

I only purchased one $500 gift card from AARP and my travel agent sent it in on May 17th.  Called my TA yesterday and they say Royal is still processing it.  Should hear back by the end if this week.  Sitting on pins and needles because final payment is June 9th.  I don't know if I'll purchase them again for my other two cruises that are booked.  Too stressful.

UPDATE:

Yesterday, I took the advice of one of the posters. I sent another email to resolutions and requested a response to my situation and if none was received my next email would be to corporate. I got a call this morning and was told RCI had been calling me and left voice mail. I let the gentleman know that I have gotten NO CALLS and NO VOICEMAIL from him or anyone else from RCI. He told me he had been looking into things and I should hear something in 10 days. I was so upset because he had told me that previously that it would be 7 days. I waited 9 days and nothing. He asked me not to call again or reach out anymore and give him 10 more days to get it fixed. I reminded him once more I was unhappy having to wait another 10 days for such a simple request but agreed I would give him 10 days and if nothing by the 10th day I would reach out to corporate. HALLELUAH!!!  I JUST GOT A CALL....My certificates have been finally applied and I received a new updated invoice.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for helping me...It does sometimes take a village 😍😁😍

• Like 8

On 5/20/2024 at 11:48 AM, kdnurs said:

God Bless you!!! Never knew this existed. I used the address on the certificates. I will try this and thank you for reaching out.

Have your TA handle this

12 hours ago, kdnurs said:

Thank you, so am I ...It has been a stressful adventure from January to now.

Maybe you should start🤔, just a friendly suggestion. it's your cruise, money & time. Use them as you wish

Just got notice from my TA that the AARP gift card finally went through and was accepted by RCI.  It took two weeks exactly.  Now I can breathe easier and pay my final payment that is due the end of this week.  I doubt I will purchase any more gift cards for Royal. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

I doubt I will purchase any more gift cards for Royal. 

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. Hate to lose the savings, tho......

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 9:20 AM, FOXTROT said:

Maybe you should start🤔, just a friendly suggestion. it's your cruise, money & time. Use them as you wish

Thanks for the suggestion! I have been on 18-19 cruises 🚢 and never used a TA and have done just fine saving money and time and getting good deals. There’s always a chance things can happen to a booking with or without a TA … To each his own I say 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdnurs said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I have been on 18-19 cruises 🚢 and never used a TA and have done just fine saving money and time and getting good deals. There’s always a chance things can happen to a booking with or without a TA … To each his own I say 😉

Very very true, with a TA they spend the time.