Allura to Debut One Week Earlier Than Scheduled

We did book the early May Vista sailing and loved the opportunity to get a first look at her before our originally scheduled Inaugural Season cruise last October. We won’t be booking this sneak peak cruise however, 🤬 Airfare for a week cruise cost more than the cruise.  It was good to hear the Ship Yard was improving the delivery date after it was shifted earlier.

Can’t wait to see Allura and sail next year. 
Mauibabes

With Allura having "A luxurious new library, featuring walls of floor-to-ceiling glass..." hope there are walls for the books 🤣.  More choices with a Crêperie being added and expect it will be located as part of the Terrace buffet to enable made to order? Article focuses on food: "...culinary developments underway for Allura, including more than 300 new recipes in active development for The Grand Dining Room, across all three meal services. I am excited to reveal more in the coming months." We will have to stay tuned for details of new recipes and hopefully they will be shared across all GDRs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2024 at 6:31 PM, WESTEAST said:

With Allura having "A luxurious new library, featuring walls of floor-to-ceiling glass..." hope there are walls for the books 🤣.  More choices with a Crêperie being added and expect it will be located as part of the Terrace buffet to enable made to order? Article focuses on food: "...culinary developments underway for Allura, including more than 300 new recipes in active development for The Grand Dining Room, across all three meal services. I am excited to reveal more in the coming months." We will have to stay tuned for details of new recipes and hopefully they will be shared across all GDRs. 

Creperie will be not be near the Terrace. It will be around the corner from Baristas on Deck 14 where gorgeous large library is on Vista. Moving library to forward area near computer classroom and Horizons means it will be much smaller than Vista's. So for folks who love the library all the press release puffery about its location on Allura is probably putting lipstick on a comparative pig 🐖  💄 .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, edgee said:

Creperie will be not be near the Terrace. It will be around the corner from Baristas on Deck 14 where gorgeous large library is on Vista. Moving library to forward area near computer classroom and Horizons means it will be much smaller than Vista's. So for folks who love the library all the press release puffery about its location on Allura is probably putting lipstick on a comparative pig 🐖  💄 .

Thanks for update and too bad about O shrinking the library size.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We were told that the July 18th cruise is not the inaugural cruise but a shakedown cruise. We signed up to add it on but it is confusing. 

Same thing happened to us for Vista.  They ended up adding a 7 day cruise prior to ours and I believe they called it a Captain’s Cruise, or something like that. They offered it to us at a very attractive price but we had already made flight plans and all so it did not make sense to change. We were also traveling with someone that was already paying the single supplement for our booked cruise so did not feel right to see if they wanted to now do more at a single supplement charge. With their age, we also could not have asked them to now fly solo, etc to Europe. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We were told that the July 18th cruise is not the inaugural cruise but a shakedown cruise.

The press release I cited calls it the inaugural sailing. Unless you spoke to a senior executive at Oceania since it's an official press release I suspect that wording comes with the approval of someone higher on the Oceania food chain than the person you spoke to.

I think what you were told is just a thinly veiled attempt to not anger those who had booked the original inaugural sailing and now will not be on the inaugural.

Edited by njhorseman

You could be right which is why we added the first week from Trieste . I want to be the first to sleep in that bed. But our TA was repeatedly told that all maiden voyage events will take place after Athens.

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

You could be right which is why we added the first week from Trieste . I want to be the first to sleep in that bed. But our TA was repeatedly told that all maiden voyage events will take place after Athens.

I don't doubt that the maiden voyage events will take place after Athens...again so as to not anger those who booked what was expected to be the maiden voyage.

More cruising for me. I was surprised that my husband agreed to add the extra week on since we had just been to Venice, Ravenna and Kotor etc. in August. There’s been so many changes since we first booked the Allura that my head is spinning. I hope it will be worth it.