Silver Nova - Vancouver-Seward - 5/23-5/30

Worldroute

Just some impressions from our cruise. Second time on Silversea, first time on the Nova. Love the new design. Even the relatively new Dawn felt outdated and stuffy to us.

Cabin is noticeably smaller, still prefer it to the old.

Ship layout definitely needs some getting used to but not a big deal.

Dinner yesterday in La Terazza and SALT. Was 'shocked' to see the new shrunken menu at LT. Only three pasta options remaining. Beef was a bad cut and overcooked, everything else was good. SALT good as always.

One irk: tried to get canapes and caviar first at the pool, then at the Dusk Bar, then at Marquee - same answer everywhere: we don't serve it. Is room service the only option left? On the Dawn we ordered it at the pool every day.

Breakfast service at LT still seems somewhat chaotic and tea orders still take a good 10 minutes to arrive.

Looking forward to exploring more of the ship on the sea day today.

BTW: Pommery still available.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

On the Muse in March/April we noticed that  Caviar and lobster were no longer on the Room Service menu. Ordering food outside meal times can only be what is on that menu. You can find the menu on the TV under restaurants. For caviar you can have it any night at Atlantide. That was on our last cruise.

Edited by drron29

On the Nova if you plan ahead your butler will bring you caviar any where you are from 4 - 9 pm. Not sure if you can arrange it outside of those hours however your butler will know. 

• Like 1

Well, it certainly was possible. It's also gone from the Atlantide menu, btw. Also not on room service anymore.

It was possible to order it from the butler, though.

Atlantide and Silver Note tonight.

On the Muse cruise I mentioned even though caviar was not on the room service or Atlantide menus you could get it if you asked. One couple I talked to during the putting sessions said they had it every night and would continue to ask.

I talked to the restaurant manager on our previous cruise and this one who said you can always get it in Atlantide but the lobster might need a request 24 hours before which you can do for other dishes not on the menu.

And on the cruise if I had a dessert in Atlantide it was the creme Brulee from the in room menu.

Just like the Crew fund there is no mention of this from Silversea and most people are unaware of it.

14 hours ago, Worldroute said:

One irk: tried to get canapes and caviar first at the pool, then at the Dusk Bar, then at Marquee - same answer everywhere: we don't serve it. Is room service the only option left? On the Dawn we ordered it at the pool every day.

Did you try to order canapés from the venue themselves?  You need to order from the “dine anywhere” menu.  It is not just for room service. On a recent cruise, one couple had a meal delivered to the Panorama Lounge every day just before trivia.

Will certainly try that. Thanks for the hint. Probably should have made use of our butler.

Menus are rotating every 2 days now. Maybe to make up for the reduced selection?

Spa has a beautiful sauna with sea views but no relaxation room. When asking about that with the receptionist she said lots of people complained. Gym is bigger than on Dawn with nice selection of equipment. Never been too busy.

13 hours ago, Port Power said:

Did you try to order canapés from the venue themselves?  You need to order from the “dine anywhere” menu.  It is not just for room service. On a recent cruise, one couple had a meal delivered to the Panorama Lounge every day just before trivia.

19 hours ago, Worldroute said:

Spa has a beautiful sauna with sea views but no relaxation room.

Do you have to reserve the sauna? It looks gorgeous and i can imagine demand is high. Also, is there a steam room? 

I'm boarding the Nova in September so I'm avidly following your thread!

A lot of questions being asked here most if not all of which are addressed in earlier Nova Cruises.

Such as https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3003961-live-from-the-nova-fort-lauderdale-to-vancouver/page/3/#comment-67373157  particularly the summary on page 3.

If you type in your questions in the search box at the top of the page it will often lead you to answers from other members.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FauxNom said:

Do you have to reserve the sauna? It looks gorgeous and i can imagine demand is high. Also, is there a steam room? 

I'm boarding the Nova in September so I'm avidly following your thread!

Yes there is a steam room and a sauna. Neither have to be reserved. When we were on board in December, we were the only ones using them on that day. (Not co-ed, BTW)

• Thanks 1

Demand for the sauna is indeed not that high. The space inside it is poorly utilized but four people can sit comfortably.

The pool is at a nice temperature. As we were sailing out of Ketchikan we enjoyed a swim. Unfortunately no views out of the pool.

• Like 3

Dinner at Marquee tonight. Weather in Juneau is incredible and the restaurant is at capacity. Service is fantastic. Jhon is head sommelier, we know him from our previous, and he's great. All the other staff are really good and friendly, too.

Quite the change from La Terazza yesterday.

Menu is pretty much the same as on Dawn, I'll attach it.

Screenshot_20240526_203743_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20240526_203738_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20240526_203732_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20240526_203727_Firefox.jpg

20240526_080730.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Worldroute said:

Demand for the sauna is indeed not that high. The space inside it is poorly utilized but four people can sit comfortably.

The pool is at a nice temperature. As we were sailing out of Ketchikan we enjoyed a swim. Unfortunately no views out of the pool.

Oh yay!!! I am an avid swimmer, and also do PT in the pool for my arthritis. This literally made my day to read this.

Edited by BBGrace273