Copenhagen Ocean Quay??

Where will Sky Princess dock in Copenhagen? I am interested in a ship's excursion - City Drive and Dragoer Fishing Village - but it says it is only available from Ocean Quay. It also says there are 20 tickets left. Can anyone explain this as I am totally confused!

5 hours ago, Korimako said:

Where will Sky Princess dock in Copenhagen? I am interested in a ship's excursion - City Drive and Dragoer Fishing Village - but it says it is only available from Ocean Quay. It also says there are 20 tickets left. Can anyone explain this as I am totally confused!

Hi. You are on the same cruise as us.

It shouldn't matter where we dock if you are on a ship excursion as Princess will make the necessary arrangements. We are docking at Oceankaj - that may be Ocean Quay but I'm not sure. If Princess have the excursion listed then I assume it's happening. The 20 tickets remaining means there are at least that number available. They never have a figure higher than that but if you see the number go below that (which many excursions on our cruise have) then you know that there are not many places left.

I notice the excursion you are interested in leaves at 12pm which is the same starting time as the excursion we have booked. As we dock a bit out of town I doubt we have time to get off the ship earlier and then get back for the excursion which is a shame as we'll be stuck on the ship until the excursion. The ship is due to depart at 5pm yet both our excursions are showing to return at 4.30pm which is cutting it fine. I expect the time of both excursions will change.

Posted (edited)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/55°42'47.9"N+12°37'09.7"E/@55.716478,12.6186604,1309m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m4!3m3!8m2!3d55.713318!4d12.6193698?entry=ttu

Here is a map if it helps We are on this cruise as well see you there

See below Terminal 3 I think 

Arriving from Skagen To quay c333

Nationality : Bermuda

Vessel name : Sky Princess

Vessel type : Cruise ship

Purpose : Cruise call

Terminal : Oceankaj

ETD : 23 Jul - 24 at 1700

Edited by Gail & Dan

If you have no issue walking you should be aware that Copenhagen is a very walkable city. It's best to take transportation to downtown. At Nyhavn there are canal tours. When I was there pre-covid there was a Ho-Ho bus that stopped by the pier. There are also things to do around Tivoli. The walk from the pier to Nyhavn is a little distance. The mermaid statue is on the waterfront facing the canal waters about halfway between the pier and Nyhavn. You can only see the full face when you are on a canal boat.

I would check out your roll call, if you have not done so.  

WeDock at Ocean Quay  

Copenhagen has four major passenger ship cruise terminals:

• Oceanskaj (Ocean Quay) – the largest cruise terminal, the furthest from the city, and the main port used for cruises that start or terminate in Copenhagen.
  • Langelinie – just to the north of the city center with walking into the city a possible option.
  • Nordre Toldbod – very close to the city with walking a very pleasant option.
  • The Ferry Terminal for Oslo (Færgeterminal Søndre Frihavn)– see Transportation to the DFDS Oslo Ferry Terminal in Copenhagen for details. Ferries to Malmo no longer operate but the Helsingor-Helsingborg ferry remains popular and practical.

At Oceankaj there is a cruise bus(25) to the Orienkaj M4 metro line( that goes to main station(12 mins) stops in the city centre(8-10mins)

If off early should be able to do a morning and be back for a midday tour.

At the M4 station there is the slower scenic water bus(991) which is worth considering if very early as most stuff will still be shut.(40mins to Nyhavn).

We will be taking a cruise from Copenhagen in August 2026 and I am already starting my research, so this is great information.  We did not get to celebrate our 50th Anniversary due to Covid, so planning this for our 55th on the Sapphire.  It is a 15 day crossing, Copenhagen to Boston and includes Scotland, Ireland, England, and Canada.  

3 hours ago, skynight said:

If you have no issue walking you should be aware that Copenhagen is a very walkable city. It's best to take transportation to downtown. At Nyhavn there are canal tours. When I was there pre-covid there was a Ho-Ho bus that stopped by the pier. There are also things to do around Tivoli. The walk from the pier to Nyhavn is a little distance. The mermaid statue is on the waterfront facing the canal waters about halfway between the pier and Nyhavn. You can only see the full face when you are on a canal boat.

I would check out your roll call, if you have not done so.  

Walking the Stroget is always fun and the main reason I enjoy Copenhagen.  We have frequently walked from city hall square all the way to the little mermaid - admittedly a long walk these days for me.  Last year we took the HOHO bus from Nyhavn back to Ocean Quay.