Is Bimini Beach on Ocean Cay YC Only?

kad56

I'm reading different things. Some people report that Bimini is open to everyone, others that staff block entrance to the entire smaller island at the bridge. What's been your experience? My ship (the Magnifica) doesn't have a YC, so I'm wondering if that makes a difference.

43 minutes ago, kad56 said:

Some people report that Bimini is open to everyone, others that staff block entrance to the entire smaller island at the bridge.

There is someone at the bridge but that is to limit access to the Yacht Club areas. If you don't want to cross the bridge, you can swim across the lagoon. 😁

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, kad56 said:

I'm reading different things. Some people report that Bimini is open to everyone, others that staff block entrance to the entire smaller island at the bridge. What's been your experience? My ship (the Magnifica) doesn't have a YC, so I'm wondering if that makes a difference.

The only closed area that I know of is the smaller Ocean House Beach for YC. Some pax may be deterred by the YC check at the bridge. Making Bimini Beach (a long stretch) ideal.

Possibly, the guard at the bridge was new and had not been properly briefed.

Below are pics of the ship from North Beach, across Ocean Cay Lagoon. Of Ocean House Beach, and of Bimini Beach.

Ocean Cay  Meraviglia DSC_7877.jpg

Ocean Cay  Meraviglia DSC_7696 Ocean House.jpg

Ocean Cay  Meraviglia DSC_7747.jpg

Ocean Cay  Meraviglia DSC_7767 Royal.jpg

Ocean Cay  Meraviglia DSC_7778.jpg

Edited by HappyInVan
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

There is someone at the bridge but that is to limit access to the Yacht Club areas. If you don't want to cross the bridge, you can swim across the lagoon. 😁

When we were at Ocean Cay on Thursday, the sign for Beach House was far enough away from the main walkway to not deter people from going to Bimini Beach.  I didn’t notice anyone at the bridge.  (Doesn’t mean someone wasn’t there; only that it didn’t grab my attention if there was.)

There is a portion of Bimini Beach that is only for guests staying in Yacht Club. However, there is a very large portion of Bimini Beach that is open to everyone. We have gone there several times. The only place we have ever seen a staff member for the Yacht Club portion is off the pathway where the Yacht Club passengers enter. No one has ever stopped us on the bridge. There is also a tram stop for everyone located near the bridge as well as food trucks. Enjoy Bimini - we think it is the most beautiful beach. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If you don't want to cross the bridge, you can swim across the lagoon. 😁

There is the other route, but we don't talk about that one. (IYKYK.)

Shawshank.gif.7e7b54818747c24ecd783aa00361622c.gif

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jeal said:

There is a portion of Bimini Beach that is only for guests staying in Yacht Club. However, there is a very large portion of Bimini Beach that is open to everyone. We have gone there several times. The only place we have ever seen a staff member for the Yacht Club portion is off the pathway where the Yacht Club passengers enter. No one has ever stopped us on the bridge. There is also a tram stop for everyone located near the bridge as well as food trucks. Enjoy Bimini - we think it is the most beautiful beach. 

That’s not what I noticed; we were not Yacht Club and were able to use Bimini Beach in its entirety.

Yacht Club has their own beach.

Maybe something has changed?

Posted (edited)

No - it hasn’t changed. If you face the water and look to the right you will see the Yacht Club area. It is along the same coastline. I think we are both saying the same thing - Bimini Beach is not exclusively for Yacht Club. 

Edited by Jeal

23 minutes ago, Jeal said:

No - it hasn’t changed. If you face the water and look to the right you will see the Yacht Club area. It is along the same coastline. I think we are both saying the same thing - Bimini Beach is not exclusively for Yacht Club. 

Yacht Club has Ocean House beach as its exclusive beach.  It is separated by rocks from the entirety of Bimini Beach.

Bimini Beach faces north; Ocean House Beach faces east.  The two are separated by rocks.

You can’t easily access one from the other.

At least, that’s the way it was this past Thursday.  We swam the entire length of Bimini Beach.

• Thanks 2

Never explored Bimini Beach so I think we’ll head that way this next visit. 

Does the tram take you there, or does it stop at the bridge and you walk from there?

Is there still a food truck over there for lunch? 

TIA

36 minutes ago, tofubeast said:

Never explored Bimini Beach so I think we’ll head that way this next visit. 

Does the tram take you there, or does it stop at the bridge and you walk from there?

Is there still a food truck over there for lunch? 

TIA

Tram stops just short of the bridge.  Walking across the bridge, bear to the left for Bimini Beach.  To the right is the entrance to the Yacht Club area.  (See map on post #3 above.). You can’t accidentally (or “accidentally”) wander into that area; as @Jeal noted there’s a staff member present to prevent such.

There is one food truck and there are two bars at Bimini Beach.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2024 at 9:18 PM, Jeal said:

There is a portion of Bimini Beach that is only for guests staying in Yacht Club.

I'm with Notch on this. There is no portion of Bimini Beach that is only for YC. The exclusive beach for YC is Ocean House Beach which is a completely different beach than Bimini.

• Thanks 1

Okay, just a question about Bimini Beach & the island.
How long a walk is it from the dock to Bimini Beach?
Just trying to judge if I would need the tram or can walk it.  I have a bad back, but if a short walk I would like to walk & enjoy the scenery.

What time are the food trucks & buffet open?
What does the food truck have available? Are there more choices at the buffet?

Can or does the tram pick you up from the bridge to go to the buffet?

How is Sunset Beach? Does that get busy? Is it any nicer or worse than Bimini Beach?
What is Paradise Sands? Is that a private area or open beach? Is that more secluded & less busy?

Trying to think which beach to head to that is more quiet, but not too far from buffet & some greenery.

Thank you so much!

Sunset Beach is beautiful but there are rocks. If you intend to swim there, wear beach shoes.  It you are planning to just chill there, it’s fabulous as often you can feel like you have the beach to yourself. There are no lifeguards, but staff do go by on jet skis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJsharon said:

Okay, just a question about Bimini Beach & the island.
How long a walk is it from the dock to Bimini Beach?
Just trying to judge if I would need the tram or can walk it.  I have a bad back, but if a short walk I would like to walk & enjoy the scenery.  Long.  Use the tram if in doubt.

What time are the food trucks & buffet open?  Buffet was 11:30 - 2:00.  Food trucks opened earlier and closed later.  Can’t remember off top of my head.
What does the food truck have available? Are there more choices at the buffet?  NO!  Food trucks had cheeseburgers, hot dogs, fries, and (at additional cost) lobster rolls.  That’s it.  Oh, yeah, cookies/brownies.

Can or does the tram pick you up from the bridge to go to the buffet?  Yes… they’ll announce the stop as “South Beach” but that stop is close.

How is Sunset Beach? Does that get busy? Is it any nicer or worse than Bimini Beach?  I did not visit Sunset Beach.
What is Paradise Sands? Is that a private area or open beach? Is that more secluded & less busy?  Dunno; looks like it’s the beach for the spa area?

Trying to think which beach to head to that is more quiet, but not too far from buffet & some greenery.

Thank you so much!

Hope my answers in bold are helpful.

• Like 1