Apex Sunset Verandah

Thinking about booking one of these cabins next year. Deck 10 or 11. Can you feel alot of movement up that high.

I really want to have a real balcony. Thanks everyone.

I have been in a SV on deck 9 on Apex and deck 10 on Edge.  No problem at all.  Book it quickly as they are very popular and won’t be available for long.

Enjoy.

😎

I am subject to seasickness and it always concerns me when people reply with info about how much movement on their sailing.  How one sailing works out motion-wise is zero comparison as  to how the next sailing works out.  I have been on sailings where the sea was smooth as silk, and other sailings with 30' seas.  Half the crew was sick on that one.

Here is the science of the matter - no opinions:  the further you get away from the lower middle of the ship the more motion will be felt IF there is motion to be felt at all.  So the further aft you go, the more potential motion.  The further up you go the more potential motion.  Far aft cabins, I have found in many, many sailings, also are subject from some side to side rocking motion regardless of the seas - usually not enough to bother most people.  The key word here is "potential".  You may luck out with smooth seas and no motion.  Or you may not.

32 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I am subject to seasickness and it always concerns me when people reply with info about how much movement on their sailing.  How one sailing works out motion-wise is zero comparison as  to how the next sailing works out.  I have been on sailings where the sea was smooth as silk, and other sailings with 30' seas.  Half the crew was sick on that one.

Here is the science of the matter - no opinions:  the further you get away from the lower middle of the ship the more motion will be felt IF there is motion to be felt at all.  So the further aft you go, the more potential motion.  The further up you go the more potential motion.  Far aft cabins, I have found in many, many sailings, also are subject from some side to side rocking motion regardless of the seas - usually not enough to bother most people.  The key word here is "potential".  You may luck out with smooth seas and no motion.  Or you may not.

Perfect explanation. 👍

1 hour ago, SkiPro62 said:

Stabilizers get better with each generation of new ships so Apex should be smoother than a 20 year old ship. 

We had a very motion filled cruise on the Apex, storms, high winds and 3 days of very rough seas.  We were mid ship and don’t get sick from motion but many did.  We were glad we were on a new ship.