Noise between Queens Grill Suites with Connecting Door - QM2

Jim_Iain

I have rooms 9056 booked on QM2 for a TA crossing.   Just noticed it is a connecting room.

Curious if this room is noisy and if you can hear TV and talking from the adjoining room?

• Like 1

We had a QG room with communicating door (I hope no-one minds the traditional term) on one of our crossings. It was very quiet. The only time we heard anything was near the end of the voyage when our neighbours held a party. The laughter wasn't very loud and it was at a civilised hour so there was no issue with our sleep.  

• Thanks 1

I also have a connecting room, 9023, on the QM2.  I, too, am very interested in others' experiences in a QM2 connecting room.  I have always sought to avoid connecting rooms, but this is a "sold out" cruise...  Thanks.

• Like 1

We had a PG room (10066) on a QM2 crossing with a door connecting to the adjacent cabin (10064). I don’t recall ever hearing any noises through the door. Got a bit loud in the hallway once, but that wasn’t the question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, s.s.France said:

Never heard a sound through the connecting door.

This is long ago and anecdotal, but once we had a table next to a couple whose Q5 adjoined that in which resided quite a small baby and its owners. They were certainly aware when the baby awoke and of its reluctance to sleep late at night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tigerfan75 said:

I also have a connecting room, 9023, on the QM2.  I, too, am very interested in others' experiences in a QM2 connecting room.  I have always sought to avoid connecting rooms, but this is a "sold out" cruise...  Thanks.

I hadn't thought about the connecting door until I watched a YT Video someone had brought up in a different post.   They were in "4th Class" (their term not mine) and they were complaining about the noise as well as everything else.  So I took it with a grain of salt.

It did prompt me to check my room and found out I have a connecting room on our first cruise.   I had chosen it using the location map of the Wifi Access points being adjacent to the cabin.     Our cruise is also kinda sold out (but they are offering wait list).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the responses.   I'm feeling much better.   I'm hoping I'm not the person people complain about.   I sometimes have nightmares and start screaming "Call the Police".... Iain has to wake me.    I of course never remember. 

hmmm.. maybe I need to stop reading all those mystery novels. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I had chosen it using the location map of the Wifi Access points being adjacent to the cabin.   

You don't need to worry about that any more. Pre Starlink yes it was a big factor since the system really did not reach that well into staterooms. Suites tended not to be so bad, but some had either no signal, or signal only near the door. But now, with Starlink, all the not-spots have gone, quite a remarkable change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pushpit said:

You don't need to worry about that any more. Pre Starlink yes it was a big factor since the system really did not reach that well into staterooms. Suites tended not to be so bad, but some had either no signal, or signal only near the door. But now, with Starlink, all the not-spots have gone, quite a remarkable change.

Thanks... Starlink has been a game changer for sure.   

Hello!  Unless absolutely no alternatives you are warned that connecting cabins will often be noisy.  Of course, very dependent on if you are hard of hearing or if your neighbors are quiet.  Avoid if at all possible.  All the best.

Deck Chair. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

In all the the decades, years of our sailing in common and connected cabins or suites, have we ever had a problem with neighboring passengers in connected cabins.

Mainly sailing on the QM2, you would think that were anyone on the other side of the wall or door.

Yes, you will on either side if you have a balcony hear others thru the partitions especially entering and exiting on departures and entrances to Ports of Call.

Maybe it's the luck of the draw?

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm feeling comfortable.   There are no Queen's Grill cabins available so will be happy with what we have.   I do have a set of Bose Sleep Buds that work incredibly well in masking noise.   I use them due to a snoring spouse.   I've a very light sleeper.