3 Night Dining Package. Is it refundable?

We have an RCL cruise booked for March 2025.  At this time the 3 night package seems reasonable.

Apparently it is to be paid when selected, but I didn't notice terms for cancel and refund prior to sailing.

Any input? 

31 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Yes, you can cancel any time for a full refund (up to about 48 hours before sailing, then once on board you can cancel for OBC).

I knew about the 48 hour cancellations but I didn't realize you could cancel once on board, even for OBC.  I presume it has to be done  prior to the first meal, so basically the first afternoon.

That is great to know.  Last time we had the full package we could not  get decent reservations and were stuck with the package, event thou there were some nights with no availability from 6:30-8:30 for dinner.  As the ship are full, I am reluctant to book a package, but if cancellation is possible once on board, that is a huge advantage.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Last time we had the full package we could not  get decent reservations and were stuck with the package, event thou there were some nights with no availability from 6:30-8:30 for dinner.

This situation is where the Crowne Lounge or Suite Concierge becomes your best friend. They usually can get past the "no availability" issue with a quick phone call to the restaurant.😇

• Like 2

I am going to be in a similar situation to the OP for some of my upcoming Oasis class sailings.  We always book some kind of boarding day lunch b/c I hate the boarding day lunch mania.  Since we are now Pinnacle but cannot be guaranteed access to the CK for lunch (unless we’re in a full suite, of course), I have purchased a variety of boarding day specialty lunches to ensure we have somewhere quiet to go. However, if we DO get CK access, I would choose to eat boarding day lunch in the CK rather than paying for a specialty lunch…but of course, we will most likely not know whether we will have access until the last minute.  Kinda like chasing your tail…

I’m hoping (but not holding my breath) that I will be able to cancel those specialty lunch reservations and get a refund (even if it’s OBC) if we are given access to the CK.  It won’t be the end of the world if we have to end up eating boarding day lunch in Chops, etc but I’d rather not pay if I don’t have to.  

8 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I am going to be in a similar situation to the OP for some of my upcoming Oasis class sailings.  We always book some kind of boarding day lunch b/c I hate the boarding day lunch mania.  Since we are now Pinnacle but cannot be guaranteed access to the CK for lunch (unless we’re in a full suite, of course), I have purchased a variety of boarding day specialty lunches to ensure we have somewhere quiet to go. However, if we DO get CK access, I would choose to eat boarding day lunch in the CK rather than paying for a specialty lunch…but of course, we will most likely not know whether we will have access until the last minute.  Kinda like chasing your tail…

I’m hoping (but not holding my breath) that I will be able to cancel those specialty lunch reservations and get a refund (even if it’s OBC) if we are given access to the CK.  It won’t be the end of the world if we have to end up eating boarding day lunch in Chops, etc but I’d rather not pay if I don’t have to.  

I have also been wondering about what happens if you cancel a specialty restaurant reservation with less than 24 hours.  My situation would be dinner in CK on the first day.  I don't want to not have a specialty reservation if we find out that we can't dine the first night in CK.  It would  be really nice if you could be told in advance.  I have yet to receive an advance email regarding access for any of my recent Wonder or Allure sailings  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have yet to receive an advance email regarding access for any of my recent Wonder or Allure sailings  

The one and only time we have been excluded from the SL was on EX last month (and who cares about the SL on EX anyway !) and we did receive an email from the Suites Concierge a day or 2 prior to that sailing telling us about the limitation.  So far we have not been excluded from any O class ships but like you said, we have to be prepared !  So it seems like “no news is good news” in the case of P’s in the Suites Lounges !

• Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 7:34 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

I knew about the 48 hour cancellations but I didn't realize you could cancel once on board, even for OBC.  I presume it has to be done  prior to the first meal, so basically the first afternoon.

That is great to know.  Last time we had the full package we could not  get decent reservations and were stuck with the package, event thou there were some nights with no availability from 6:30-8:30 for dinner.  As the ship are full, I am reluctant to book a package, but if cancellation is possible once on board, that is a huge advantage.

Thanks

We cancelled on board on our last cruise due to a medical emergency, and they charged us $70 for one dinner when we paid $99 for 3, so absolutely cancel before the first meal!  I was irritable (I think they should have charged $50 which was price online)