Krazy Lobster

Jeal

Once again, a beautiful day at the Krazy Lobster last week. There was no seaweed in the water at the Krazy Lobster. One of the waiters told me that a crew comes in early in the morning to clean the water. Excellent food and beer with live music. 

• Like 3

My husband and myself - a bucket of beer, 2 bottles of Coke, an order of Chicken Fajitas and some chips - about $30. Sometimes we get Chicken Nachos too. We love Krazy Lobster. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, siren said:

did you take a taxi to get here? About how much for 2 ?

Yes, you need a taxi, golf cart or long, hot walk. $4pp each way in taxi.

Do you need to reserve spots ahead of time?   Going on a cruise in February and we are taking my parents.  Dad has some mobility issues so I am hopin* to find a nice beach spot with food and drinks for the day.  This place seems perfect!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2024 at 10:39 AM, lesters said:

Do you need to reserve spots ahead of time?   Going on a cruise in February and we are taking my parents.  Dad has some mobility issues so I am hopin* to find a nice beach spot with food and drinks for the day.  This place seems perfect!

Hubby and I went to Krazy Lobster in February and we had zero issues with finding space.  I have mobility issues so was originally concerned that it might be difficult to get around however they cleared a path for me and I was able to get in the water and use the loungers. We spent around $15 on 4 pop and a huge platter of steak and cheese nachos.  3 other ships on that day but still not busy at Krazys. Planning to return on our cruise next month. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JoeTec said:

How far is it from the port? Our time in port is only 7 to 1 so trying to decide if it's worth it to go

5-10 minutes? Probably less time than it will take you to walk from your ship to the taxi!  You can easily get to the Malecon and back. YMMV as to whether it is worth it to you. We no longer go to the out of town beach clubs with short port hours.

That said I have to wonder why  so many ships have such ridiculous port hours at Costa Maya - either half-day early, or half-day late, given that the only excursions are basically beach day or trip to the ruins?

How many people want to rush off the ship for a piña colada on the beach at 8 am or in our case, which generally goes for the late slot, take lunch on the beach half way through the afternoon. Ruins tours are very tight on timing considering distances involved.

Not only are port hours short but an increasing number of ships have had to abort docking in recent years due to high winds and currents. I wonder if the port encourages it to attract double berths for the day or the cruise lines choose short hours to fit in with their itineraries, although in our case the ship is only going to Cozumel and Roatan/Belize either side. 

Edited by c-leg5

Thanks for the info. We were originally scheduled 11-7 in port but then they flipped our itinerary so now we are going to Cozumel 1st & Costa Maya last.

I think it's the distance from the last port - back to New Orleans 

On the Eastern Caribbean with a Tortola stop if they are the last stop it's always scheduled 7-1