New Food Options on Feb 2026 Cruise

15 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I found this interesting option in the app for my upcoming sailing on Celebrity Beyond.

I would think it quite easy to have a chef facilitate a cooking class.

Is there an art instructor on board?

IMG_4936.thumb.jpeg.cb86f427d6a6f045d3b3ba8e7b30cf3a.jpeg

Sip and paint places are another of those emerging entertainment concepts. Some have art instructors, but the primary draw is social. It’s a twist on a wine bar. 

It would be interesting to know what they’re doing onboard. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Yes,  we booked a  similar dining package for an excursion in Italy. The food was very good.

These are not excursions.  They are onboard activities with a fee.

19 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I found this interesting option in the app for my upcoming sailing on Celebrity Beyond.

Sometimes it has been a crew member or entertainer. We have been on 2 recent cruises where the classes were free, no beverage included.   Now a hefty fee.

18 hours ago, cocobakerchica said:

Yes, these are the latest offerings, I saw them for our April '25 cruise on Silhouette(there's a sushi class too). There were pizza making and how to grill the perfect steak classes, and a galley tour with lunch afterwards offered on our repo cruise from Rio to Bayonne this past April/May on the Eclipse. I did the galley tour w/lunch with about 10 other people, and it was pretty great.

What was the menu on your gallery tour with lunch?  I am considering booking this on an upcoming cruise but there seems to be very little information available.

Just now, Salt Lifer said:

What was the menu on your gallery tour with lunch?  I am considering booking this on an upcoming cruise but there seems to be very little information available.

They didn’t tell us what the menu was going to be until we sat down in the private dining area in Milano. They passed out a printout of what would be served, and will ask if there’s any food allergies and/or dietary restrictions before serving and make substitutions.

They served a full 5 course menu after the tour and it was delicious and filling, so much so that I didn’t have dinner that evening, lol. I thought I had the menu here but I can’t put my hands on it, but what I can remember is the Mullagatawny soup, the fall off the bone short rib, a lovely piece of fish(I think snapper), a really nice amuse bouche, and a very rich decadent chocolate cake. There was also a cheese course. I’m booking it again for our Silhouette cruise just to see how that galley crew stands up against Eclipse’s.

On 7/3/2024 at 11:34 AM, Stem to Stern said:

These events are free to attend on Silversea, not $72.  Would love to know what they're calling "fine" wines.  Had better be something on the 'Elevated' list or preferably better.

3 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

The ceviche experience only has two spots left on my upcoming Beyond cruise.

Just sayin’ 🤣

(But I won’t be booking it.)

I'll only go if they offer a vintage ceviche tasting class.  You've never had good ceviche until you've tried the week old kind.  

lol

• Haha 1

Revenue enhancements are the way of the world. Every business is looking for ways to either charge for something that used to be included or creating offers that make you feel like a VIP, sometimes to the detriment of a person or family that cannot afford it. VIP/Fast Lane/Skip the Line offers have been added to almost every theme park in the US over the past 15-20 years and Parks are making millions of extra revenue. Too bad if you saved money to go to a Park and couldn’t afford what many times cost the same or sometimes even more than your admission ticket. Just stand in line and wait your turn. 

14 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Revenue enhancements are the way of the world. Every business is looking for ways to either charge for something that used to be included or creating offers that make you feel like a VIP, sometimes to the detriment of a person or family that cannot afford it. VIP/Fast Lane/Skip the Line offers have been added to almost every theme park in the US over the past 15-20 years and Parks are making millions of extra revenue. Too bad if you saved money to go to a Park and couldn’t afford what many times cost the same or sometimes even more than your admission ticket. Just stand in line and wait your turn. 

You have two people.  One with more money, one with less.   Maybe the person with the VIP pass worked overtime for a year to afford that once a year treat for their family while the person at the back of the line goes to three amusement parks a year?  Or maybe the person at the back is just happy to be there?  That used to be me.

On Celebrity what used to be free that is now an extra charge?  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zitsky said:

You have two people.  One with more money, one with less.   Maybe the person with the VIP pass worked overtime for a year to afford that once a year treat for their family while the person at the back of the line goes to three amusement parks a year?  Or maybe the person at the back is just happy to be there?  That used to be me.

On Celebrity what used to be free that is now an extra charge?  

We have done few Cooking Demonstrations on past cruises that were free of charge that Celebrity now has listed in the Shore Excursion category. Also, Painting Classes that were free but now that they have added a glass of wine they can charge for it. You used to bring your own wine.