Save on Sunshine promo includes crew appreciation

I book with big box store so called them and they called HAL and had it added on. I did loose $25 of my OBC but gained pre paid gratuities. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, putty27 said:

I book with big box store so called them and they called HAL and had it added on. I did loose $25 of my OBC but gained pre paid gratuities. 

My travel agent call today And they told her they would not add them. They wanted to take away all my onboard credits and I said no

The guy(Conner) that I talked to at the big box store called Holland and the first person he talked to to add the promo said it couldn’t be done so he called back and spoke to someone else who did do it. At first I was going to loose my shipboard credit of $200 but in the end they just took $25.

It’s all in who they talk to. If you don’t like the first answer hang up, call again and talk to someone else or have them ask to speak to a supervisor.

Conner was great ,l was on the phone with him for over an hour but he was persistent and got it done! Good luck and keep trying because gratuities add up to a lot and in my case it is a 24 day cruise.

• Like 4

I am calling my TA to have this prepaid gratuity added to my booking.  Wonder if they will take away the AARP OBC.? Also if you call HAL during the week you get better answers.  LOL  

It amazes me that you have to go one step up at HAL.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Depending upon when you booked your cruise and the promotion at that time, your crew appreciation could be included already.  However, if they are not included, give HAL or your TA a call.  Sometimes to add something like this, they need to re-fare you, then you could end up paying the rate as of today, but then sometimes they can just add them.  I am going to see if they can do it for my cruise in Jan since I don't have the crew appreciation on one of my cruises.......

Edited by doone

2 hours ago, skurvish said:

Is there any point in doing this if you have HIA?

Not a you have HIA+, but for standard HIA, yes.

22 hours ago, putty27 said:

The guy(Conner) that I talked to at the big box store called Holland and the first person he talked to to add the promo said it couldn’t be done so he called back and spoke to someone else who did do it.

How long ago did you book your cruise?

I booked this cruise for November of 2024 on April 1 2024 . It was a refundable deposit cruise if that makes any difference but l had it refared NOT cancelled and rebooked. A supervisor at Holland added the prepaid gratuities thru my TA.

My TA said that it was for new bookings only and if he refared it, our cruise would cost over $1000 more. He’s been able to do stuff for me before and add stuff to our already booked cruises, so I know he didn’t just blow me off.

8 hours ago, cruisin'mama said:

My TA said that it was for new bookings only and if he refared it, our cruise would cost over $1000 more. He’s been able to do stuff for me before and add stuff to our already booked cruises, so I know he didn’t just blow me off.

I was told the some thing yesterday when I called to add the gratuities to my Jan 2025 cruise, new bookings only.  I don't believe your TA is blowing you off as they would have to re-fare you and book with the going rate to add this promotion to include crew gratuities.  To re-fare my cruise, it would cost me $600 (prices have gone up since I booked) more to add the new promotion with crew appreciation, not worth it for me.

However, anyone who's cruise stayed the same price or went down, definitely worth re-faring and getting the extra perk......

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 10:27 AM, putty27 said:

Was your booking refundable or non-refundable deposit?  

Another thing to consider with changing promotions such as this, is if you already have Air booked with HAL's Flightease, then you also may not be able to add this because to do this they need to cancel your air and you are subject to new air prices, available flights and seat assignments.The only chance they would leave the air alone would be if the price of your cruise had dropped significantly prior to final and a supervisor would be willing to do a manual adjustment to add the pre paid crew incentive. Having HAL's Air on the reservation adds an additional step of complications when wanting to make any adjustments.

• Like 4

I just refared mine. 3ppl 4 day Pacific coastal:

Originally booking: 

$1439 CAD (refundable) with Obstructive VH,

100OBC, Healthcare worker OBC. 

Refared booking:  

$1732 CAD (still refundable), upgrade to VH extended balcony. 

keep Healthcare worker OBC,

AARP OBC,

and crew appreciation

Will wait till closer to Final payment to switch to non refundable,  which is $1407 CAD