Bow Access on Any Celebrity Ships?

LEMJMcC

On our cruise last week on the Solstice, there were several invitation only events on the helipad and then it was open to everyone on our glacier day. We didn't go down there because of how crowded it was, but I'm sure the view was spectacular!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, dctravel said:

.....and then it was open to everyone on our glacier day. 

Good point!  Didn't think of that and that would be a likely itinerary based exception.  Makes good sense as other cruise lines do this as well. (Some such as RCCL with many of their ships have general helipad access to begin with).

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

But the ship has to open it up.  It's not a public entry way where you can go any time.  The walkway is not as passenger friendly and not accessible.  You have to step over a lip in a door way and walk up stairs.  

Mariner of the Seas was open all the time the last time I was on it..old school design..not sure what class that is, but I liked that ship the most of any Royal I have sailed on. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

8 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

But the ship has to open it up.  It's not a public entry way where you can go any time.  The walkway is not as passenger friendly and not accessible.  You have to step over a lip in a door way and walk up stairs.  

And isn’t there the stipulation that you must be wearing close-toed shoes? One of our party was unable to participate in the San Juan sail-in because she had only brought sandals. 

Just now, thebutlerdidit said:

And isn’t there the stipulation that you must be wearing close-toed shoes? One of our party was unable to participate in the San Juan sail-in because she had only brought sandals. 

Yes. I thought of adding that to my post but shiny things distracted me.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Mariner of the Seas was open all the time the last time I was on it..old school design..not sure what class that is, but I liked that ship the most of any Royal I have sailed on. 

Except we are on the Celebrity thread.  

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Mariner of the Seas was open all the time the last time I was on it..old school design..not sure what class that is, but I liked the most of any Royal I have sailed on. 

To your point all RCCL Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom (of which Mariner is one) class ships have direct passenger access to the helipad. Oasis class is by invitation. But to the OP's question about Celebrity ships, they do not.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Except we are on the Celebrity thread.  

Except Royal was mentioned earlier..by Mr. Eagle. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

To your point all RCCL Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom (of which Mariner is one) class ships have direct passenger access to the helipad.  But to the OP's question about Celebrity ships, they do not.

Good info,,thanks..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

TOTALLY your fault!  🙂

23 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Leave it to me to get things off track.. 🙂

Just going to have to watch out for you two from now on.  Although I too have my derailment posts.....LOL

2 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

Which, if any, of Celebrity's ships have bow access for passengers?

Thanks.

You can have access by invitation:

58DD568C-28E9-4118-A7E1-219B84484053.jpe

Constellation, Oct 2022

IMG_7715.thumb.jpeg.0a8805f6ca51662b1d13

Summit, Apr 2024

074F3771-FE25-4A4E-9B02-12B61F3B83EC.thu

Solstice, Dec 31 2019

image.thumb.jpeg.149ee585421e71c4bd443b805814532b.jpeg

And sometimes you have access by open invitation for all day cruising destinations.

IMG_7846.thumb.jpeg.a3acc487eeb3c027012b

Summit, Apr 2024 (ignore the red circle, look at the last paragraph)

Untitled-1816.thumb.jpeg.5419838b28d20a6

IMG_3436.thumb.jpeg.adb2ac1bb50c02b7c1a4

• Like 1

This might be a deal breaker for me...of course that's one feature I despise on the RCI Oasis class ships, not having access to the bow.  On Freedom we could walk out onto the helipad pretty much all the time.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

...all RCCL Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom (of which Mariner is one) class ships have direct passenger access to the helipad. Oasis class is by invitation.

14 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

This might be a deal breaker for me...of course that's one feature I despise on the RCI Oasis class ships, not having access to the bow.  On Freedom we could walk out onto the helipad pretty much all the time.

Note my previous post above.  Not sure what itinerary you are planning but if access to the helipad is an important feature, the RCCL ship classes I listed provide unrestricted access (other than with bad weather or sea conditions) to all passengers to that area.

12 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

Is it an area you generally like to visit or is it a specific port you would like access to it for sail in/sail out?

As others have said on most Celebrity cruises there are a couple of Helipad events. Whilst usually for specific groups (suite, Elite…) this is at the Captain Club hosts discretion. If you boarded and spoke to her/him on boarding and expressed your interest then you probably could secure an invite.

1 minute ago, chemmo said:

Is it an area you generally like to visit or is it a specific port you would like access to it for sail in/sail out?

My preference is to visit the bow of the ship early enough to catch the sunrise, then sometimes at night as well.  It's not related to ports-of-call.  Oh well, can't have it all...such first world problems!

Thanks all.

Got the helipad sail-away invite on the last cruise, which is always nice.

For "front of the ship" views, I go to two places - Sky Lounge (enclosed bar at top of the ship) and the front deck off the gym (a level down from the SL) - called the Spa Veranda on the Solstice ships.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

My preference is to visit the bow of the ship early enough to catch the sunrise, then sometimes at night as well.  It's not related to ports-of-call.  Oh well, can't have it all...such first world problems!

Thanks all.

Wake views can be wonderful too early morning and late at night. Some lovely wake staterooms on Celebrity and you can watch sat on a chair on your own balcony…Also we love the sunset bar (also wake views) on Celebrity S class for early morning/evenings…Just a thought…

• Like 1